Skip to comments.Top Obama Campaign Member Met With Ahmadinejad in New York Tonight
Posted on 09/24/2008 7:42:49 PM PDT by kristinnEdited on 09/24/2008 9:52:41 PM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
A founding member of the campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois met in New York City tonight with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
Jodie Evans, who co-hosted Obama's first major fundraiser in Hollywood in February 2007 just after Obama announced his candidacy and is a top fundraiser and donor to Obama's campaign, led a delegation of leftist anti-American groups that held a private meeting near the United Nations. The stated purpose of the meeting was to "serve as an opening for diplomatic resolution" to prevent war between Iran and the United States.
The government of Iran is listed as a state sponsor of terrorism by the State Department and is strongly believed to be developing nuclear weapons.
Obama has stated that he would be willing to meet with Ahmadinejad and other enemies of the United States without conditions. Evans met with Obama in Beverly Hills last week at an exclusive $28,500 per person fundraiser. As a bundler for Obama, Evans is granted regular briefings with top Obama staff members and meeting with Obama and his vice presidential nominee Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware.
Obama has come under heavy criticism from military families and troops support organizations over his alliance with Evans.
Evans is co-founder of the pro-terrorist group Code Pink and works with state sponsors of terrorism to undermine America in the war on terror. She also has publicly announced her support for the terrorists in Iraq, her sympathy for Osama bin Laden and her "love" of Hugo Chavez.
Given Evans' closeness to regular contacts with Obama and his campaign, it is fair to ask if she is acting as an intermediary for Obama.
Obama recently put his seal of approval on Evans' attempt to storm the stage during the acceptance speech of Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska when he welcomed her to his two Hollywood fundraisers last week, the exclusive $28,500 per person event and the $2500 per person event Barbra Streisand sang at the same evening.
Others attending the meeting with Ahmadinejad included anti-American activists who support the terrorists in Iraq and work anti-American governments: Medea Benjamin, Brian Becker, Leslie Cagan, Larry Holmes and Ramsey Clark.
The press release announcing the meeting can be found here.
Update: Jodie Evans issued the following statement tonight on her meeting with Ahmadinejad.
Its rare for a head of state to take time during an official U.N. visit to meet with the peace community, especially in a situation where the host government represented by the Bush administration is so hostile, said Jodie Evans, co-founder of CODEPINK. The fact that the meeting took place and was so positive is, in itself, a major step forward.
Did they do the fist bump?
Wasn’t she also the nut who crashed Palin’s RNC speech?
what about Penny Pritzker
Lord help us if Obama and his code pink supporters get into the White House.
Stunning, yet not surprising.
Jodie will hob-nob with any and all terrorists and dictators.
Apparently, none of these tards have read the Koran or even bothered to take 16 minutes out of their miserable lives to watch the ‘fitna’ video....to the muslims....this is so easy.... like leading lambs to the slaughter....
This wo,an is a treasonist. Why is she still alive.
From the excerpt posted above.
* Leaders of all three national peace and anti-war coalitions: United for Peace and Justice (Leslie Cagan, national coordinator; Judith Le Blanc, national organizing coordinator; George Paz Martin, national co-chair); Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (Brian Becker, Sarah Sloan, Monica Somocurcio); and Troops Out Now Coalition/Stop War On Iran Campaign (Larry Holmes, director; Sarah Flounders, campaign director; Dustin Langley; Joyce Chediac Wilcox).
* Leaders of religious organizations: Rev. William Sinkford, president, Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations; Marie Dennis, president, Pax Christi International; Rabbi Michael Feinberg, executive director, Greater New York Labor-Religion Coalition; Joe Volk, executive secretary, Friends Committee on National Legislation; The Rev. Rick Ufford-Chase, executive director, Presbyterian Peace Fellowship.
* Leaders of advocacy & activist organizations: Rostam Pourzal, president, U.S. Coalition Against Sanctions and Military Intervention in Iran; Medea Benjamin, cofounder, Global Exchange and CodePink; Jodie Evans, cofounder, CodePink; Nick Jehlen, founder, Enough Fear
* Leaders of policy organizations & NGOs: Robert Naiman, national coordinator, Just Foreign Policy; Jonathan Granoff, president, Global Security Institute; Vicente Garcia, program director, Americans for Informed Democracy; Ambassador William Miller, Search for Common Ground.
* Plus leaders in Iranian-American organizations (American-Iranian Council, American-Iranian Friendship Committee, American Iranian Friendship Council); peacemaking groups (Peace Action, Nonviolence International, September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, Women Against War); professional networks (Physicians for Social Responsibility, Union of Concerned Scientists); former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark; and many more.
Not at all surprising......
did she wear a chador? can we get pictures?
Jodie... do us all a favor and mooove to Iran!
Even if Obama was somehow (shudder!) elected, Code Pink wouldn't be allowed within a hundred miles of the place. Just like Cindy Sheehan, they would be discarded once their usefulness was exhausted. There is no loyalty amongst the Rats, only pure self-interest.
democrats/liberals - useful idiots - watch all 9 episodes
Thank you for being on top of this, and sharing the word with us. Of course there isn't any need for additional proof that the Code Pink people are anti-Americam scum. But it IS important to rub the MSM's nose in that fact. And this "woman" was at Obama's high dollar fund-raiser in Hollywood, two weeks ago.
This was a major gathering of American communists from the Communist Party USA, Committee of Correspondence (a CP-split off), and the Workers World Party and its split-off (Socialism and Liberation crap), plus the Castroites/Chavezites of Benjamin and Evans (connected to the Democratic Party).
This is a warning sign of things to come. The “Axis of Evil” of the American Communist movement has now joined the Axis of Evil of Iran, Venezuela, Bolivia, Cuba and Nicaragua.
We have been warned. Is anybody listening?
Are my fellow Jews listening? It is Germany, 1938, all over again.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.