Skip to comments.(Biden Lies) Obamas Website: "Direct Presidential Diplomacy Without Preconditions"
Posted on 10/02/2008 7:23:16 PM PDT by markedmannerf
"Obama supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with Iran without preconditions.
(Excerpt) Read more at origin.barackobama.com ...
a good JOHN MCCAIN AD!!!!!!!!!
Your not kidding! I was about to jump through the screen when Biden tried to act like Palin was wrong about his and Obamas position on meeting with Iran.
Good job. Get a screencap before they edit it or take it down.
I don’t know why nobody calls them on this. McCain didn’t either. They keep saying that Achmedinejad isn’t in charge, so Obama wouldn’t sit down with him.
Are they actually saying that Obama would sit with the mullahs???? How come nobody asks that question?
“both Biden and Obama both seem to tell a bald face lie”
It is so true. They lie directly with force, thinking that the more forceful they tell the lie, the less people will question.
Everyone heard Obama say, “I never supported directed meetings without preconditions.”
The lying creeps are not worthy of leadership of any organization.
Video of Obama clearly stating explicitly that he would personally meet with the four named rogue dictators during his first year as president without preconditions.
It was during the democratics youtube debate hosted by that albino guy on CNN 360:
At the very least, Biden said a half dozen lies. I have the page save too just in case it disappeared.
Think there’s any chance of this ever showing up in the MSM, or do you think they’ll spend the next few days harping on the fact that Palin got the name of the general in Afghanistan wrong.
I’ll guess number 2, since that’s what I heard in the post debate commentary on MSNBC.
I loved the fact that Palin made the remark about fact-checking. I think she knew exactly what Biden was trying to pull and she was daring the MSM to ignore it.
Out of the park, Gov. Palin. You hit it out of the park tonight! (I’m sure the general doesn’t give a hoot what you called him. He’s just happy that you support him along with the rest of our troops.)
Quick...Name me ONE person who died due to dirty coal plants in China....
And Obama speaks once about Russa and China being key to pressure Iran -- then effectively turns around and calls Russia virtually impossible to deal with.
Count-down to re-editing and pulling it off the website...10-9-8-7......
Sarah Palin did say at one point that he could say what he wanted one month out before the election, but after the debate people would be fact checking.
As you did with this post.
K Rove on H&C, 10 instances of Biden misstating facts...6 subject to debate.
thanks for posting...
Good to see old “Joe Gaffe Biden” is on the job.
Reset the Obama/Biden gaffe time and counter. LoL!
Fred Thompson was on Fox and mentioned at least 2 lies Joe told! One was about voting records so it shouldn’t be hard to prove!
Muslims all sit with mullahs.
Dick Morris, yeah I know, just ripped Colmes a new one on Fox.
I think that should be the new Palin theme!
They already did change it. They changed the first sentence. I don’t know why. They left the incriminating part in tack.
The correct url to the copy is in #30.
A while back I took a screen cap of that page in case they took it down.
When Biden was denying that I was yelling at the TV oh no he said it...its on your own dang website Joe.
Plugs is an IDIOT!
Thanks for that image. I just added that to my NH Town’s forum.
Yeah, but note the different wording. In the original, it says he is “the only presidential candidate” As a result of his twisting of Kissingers words in the debate to they took it down immediately. It was changed by sunup the following day.
Friday, October 03, 2008
Biden Tells 14 Lies During VP Debate
by Amanda Carpenter
Senator Joe Biden lied at least 14 times during the vice presidential debate according to those counting at John McCains presidential headquarters.
Tucker Bounds, a spokesman from GOP presidential candidate John McCains campaign said in a statement, ”Joe Biden graduated from his trademark verbal gaffe to outright lie in tonights debate.
McCains blogger-in-chief Michael Goldfarb chronicled the 14 lies HERE.
On the foreign policy front, Biden challenged Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin when she said Barack Obamas pledge to meet with any foreign leaders, including Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, without precondition goes beyond naivete and goes beyond poor judgment.
Biden lectured Palin, That’s just simply not true about Barack Obama. He did not say he’d sit down with Ahmadinejad. During the YouTube Democratic primary debate last July Obama was asked if he would meet the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba, and North Korea without precondition during his first year in office.
I would, he replied.
Biden appeared to attack Obama for making that very statement in August 2007. While Biden was challenging Obama for the Democratic nomination for president Biden said he would not support such a pledge. Would I make a blanket commitment to meet unconditionally with the leaders of each of those countries within the first year I was elected president? he said in an appearance at the National Press Club. Absolutely positively no.”
Five of the lies Biden told were related to tax and energy votes. During the debate Biden adamantly claimed McCain voted the same way as Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama did on a vote to raise taxes on those making $42,000 a year. The legislative record shows McCain was not present in the Senate for either of those votes and is recorded as not voting.
The RNC also takes issue with Bidens assessment Palin supports a windfall profits tax and Bidens claim McCain voted against alternative energy 23 times. The independent Factcheck.org has previously stated when Obama and other Democrats made similar charges about the 23 votes theyre overstating the case.
The other lies detailed by Goldfarb were related to Bidens characterization of McCains healthcare plan, stances on bank deregulation and the $700 billion financial bailout that recently passed the Senate.
Posted at 10:59 PM on 10/2/2008 by Debate Facts
Joe Biden’s 14 Lies
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted the exact same way as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.
2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.
3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, Drill we must. But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to raping the Outer Continental Shelf.
4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of its passage.
5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says hes always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.
6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCains record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.
7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people’s health insurance coverage — they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false
8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska — she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it’s not a windfall profits tax.
9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO’s International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.
10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation — he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.
11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was dead wrong on Iraq, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.
12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldnt see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.
13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesnt meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.
14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won’t pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.
McCain Warned About Economic Collapse Over Two Years Ago
Mortgage crisis created by Carter and Clinton Administrations
October 2, 2008 In 2003, President Bush warned Congress about the risky activities of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and proposed putting both entities under the Treasury Department for oversight. Bush cited a July 2003 report by outside investigators that Freddie Mac had manipulated its account procedures to fool investors.
In his own words...
He’s asking for your change because that’s all you’ll have left after he taxes you into the poorhouse.
What’s worse is he wants american companies to build the technology and develop it and GIVE it to China.
He also supported splitting up Iraq which caused one of the few, truly unified responses by all the Iraqi factions to condemn the plan as the worst possible action they could take - totally unacceptable.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.