Skip to comments.Biden's Big Lies: All 14 of them
Posted on 10/03/2008 7:05:21 AM PDT by rface
Here are all 14 lies as compiled by the McCain campaign:
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted the exact same way as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.
2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.
3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, Drill we must. But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to raping the Outer Continental Shelf.
4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of its passage.
5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says hes always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.
6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCains record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.
7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false
8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.
9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.
10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.
11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was dead wrong on Iraq, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.
12. TAX INCREASES : Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldnt see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.
13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesnt meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.
14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.
Well, at least we think he told the truth when he said his name was "Joe Biden."
Pinged for evidence...
Democrat lying? Say it ain’t so Joe. Bwahahahahaha
Say it ain’t so, Joe!
(I just had to. )
I haven’t seen anyone mentioning Biden’s gaffe in saying that Hezbollah was kicked out of Lebanon by us and the French. Hezbollah has NEVER been kicked out of Lebanon by anybody.
Palin’s “line” about insides like Biden voting one way and then spinning it another way was resonating. People are sick of the politician speak, like Barney Frank, they are alwasy right and never wrong - it doesn’t fly when Americans loathe politicians.
I am wondering also if anyone has information on Biden’s assertion that our presence in Iraq, in three weeks, cost as much as the entire seven years in Afghanistan. That seems outrageous to me.
Biden's IQ is probably higher than the IQ of anyone who believes him.
Transcript of Debate
Thanks for the link to the transcript.
Joe Being Joe [Jonah Goldberg]
From a close friend of mine:
You cant simply be resigned to everyone saying its Joe being Joe and alas. If hes going to be the master of the details, and the details are ridiculously wrong, he has to be called on it. Forget every one of the Goldfarb lies you link to as many of them can all debated . But first on substance, the spending on Afghanistan point is so off and so embarrassing, you cant spin it as you could the difference between differing senate resolutions on troop funding. Its a dreadful mistake for someone whos said come with me to Afghanistan, and all that stuff, and its their CENTRAL riposte for the Iraq war so its not like some bizarre point about Burma foreign aid. And if [the Western Standard] is right, hes been saying it and not been called on it repeatedly so its not a verbal glitch. Second, on style, for him to go into a deliberate spiel about hows hes the man of the people, kicking it at Home Depot, and come on down to Katies restaurant on Union Street, and be talking about A RESTAURANT THAT CLOSED 20 YEARS AGO AT A DIFFERENT ADDRESS, is proof that his populism is phony and thats hes totally out of touch . Its not like he garbled the name of some bar in Maumee Ohio, its HIS HOMETOWN OF 40 YEARS. Its like the Wilmington stop on Amtrak is friggin Brigadoon or something.
He just makes up crap. Sorry about the all caps. The tinfoil hat made me do it.
bump for future email
I think the funniest slip of the night was by Palin - “recognizing he (McCain) is the man that we need to leave — lead in these next four years.”
Biden: Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we’ve had probably in American history. The idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.
First, Article one is the LEGISLATIVE branch not the executive. Everybody should understand that. Furthermore the role of the Vice President is mentioned in BOTH Article I (the Legislative) and Article II (Executive).
So much for Biden the Constitutional scholar.
What a tool.
I liked the part where she called them Obama and Obiden.
ONLY 14 ????
Relatively good for a lyin’ LIBERAL, huh? :^D
Sarah did GREAT !!!!
Joe certainly knows a lot, but almost everything he knows is wrong.
But this is how the game is played among the media savvy old pols.
Spout a blizzard of obscure facts in front of the cameras and give the impression that you are knowledgeable and well informed.
It doesn’t matter that the next day you will be proven wrong.
Only a small percentage of the original viewers will hear of it and not all of them will believe it.
I wish that (when he sniped about the bridge to nowhere), she would have come back and said - “oh yeah, that useless bridge project in Alaska that you and your boss voted for...the one I had to stop.”
LOL!!!!....that would have been priceless!
I am proud to report that I am the freeper who caught the Biden lie about Katie’s Italian Restauant in Wilmington (which closed 20 years ago) and reported it on FR last night and at NRO this morning.
The good thing about this type of misstatement is that it becomes a manifestation of something much larger: lies, exaggerations, distortions etc
Thanks. I knew he had to be lying, after all he’s a dim.
Frankly, I know Cheney is unpopular but I think Palin could have said this in response to Biden’s truly hateful and personal remarks about Vice President Cheney:
“Senator, you certainly have every right to disagree with the policies of the Bush Administration. That said, Dick Cheney, now in the twilight of his public service to our nation, has been a United States congressman, a White House chief of staff, a Defense Secretary, and a twice-elected Vice President.
You may disagree with Vice President Cheney, but your cheap political attacks and demagoguery are unbecoming a United States Senator. This politics of personal destruction are exactly what was done to Senator Clinton by Barack Obama. I suggest that you repudiate your remarks about Vice President Cheney and apologize to the American people.
Getting the Constitution wrong is unforgivable.
Using an incorrect characterization of the Constitution (that the VP duties are only described in the Article about the Executive branch) and then mixing up what Article described the Executive (note to Biden, its Article II not Article I) shows the man is completely ignorant of our founding Document.
The VP is described in both Article I and II of the U.S. Constitution. If your interviewing for a job it would be a good thing to READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION!!!
Another swing and a miss.
Will someone please send these threads to FoxNews. They are saying that Biden won the second half of the debate but that Sarah one the debate overall.
Biden clearly goofed and gaffed!
Heading out to a church men’s retreat shortly.
Have a blessed weekend.
Once again the vast majority of viewers do not know the constitution nor the history of our founding, because they were raised in government schools. This government wants to honor the constitution and founding with out discovering what they are about or contain. This government looks at the limits on their power as something to be overcome not obeyed. This government thinks they are god, able to solve poverty, manipulate markets, determine housing, regulate light bulb usage, engineer auto efficiency, determine school curriculum, control private spending habits, censor media coverage and design toilet capacity. Until the socialist government school system is abolished America will continue it march toward total socialism and tyranny!(Public schools fail at teaching the 3 R’s but excel at forcing students to stand in line and to be quite and raise their hands like good little future sheeple) All the bailouts cannot fix a people indoctrinated in socialist humanism! Ever wonder why first generation immigrants find more economic opportunity than those with state approved diplomas?
RE: Obama and Obiden.
I had forgotten about that because it was earlier in the debate. I hope the luck of the Irish runs out on the two “Irishmen” from the other party prior to November 4th.
If anything, I thought Palin started a little shaky and got stronger as she went.