NOW, NOW, NOW...THERE GOES JOE BIDEN LYING AGAIN.
Skip to comments.Joe Bidenís Alternate Universe [Hezbullah and Lebanon]
Posted on 10/03/2008 7:57:58 AM PDT by flyfree
In Thursday nights vice presidential debate between Senator Joe Biden and Governor Sarah Palin, Biden said the strangest and most ill-informed thing I have ever heard about Lebanon in my life. . . . Nobody nobody has ever kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon. Not the United States. Nor France. Not Israel. And not the Lebanese. Nobody.
Joe Biden has literally no idea what hes talking about.
Its too bad debate moderator Gwen Ifill didnt catch him and ask a follow up question: When did the United States and France kick Hezbollah out of Lebanon? . . .
Like many who watched the debate, I was bracing myself for Palin to say something off-putting about foreign policy. Shes the one who needed the crash course, allegedly; Biden is supposedly Mr. Foreign Policy. Hes supposed to be the experienced elder statesman Senator Barack Obama chose to help him govern and fill in some of his knowledge and experience gaps. Hes supposed to know far more about foreign policy than she does.
(Excerpt) Read more at commentarymagazine.com ...
Never has, never will.............
“Well Gwen, two years ago Barack Obama warned about the sub prime mortgage crisis” - Biden
Can anyone confirm this???
Probably Barry warned one of his crooked real estate pals in Chicago that he’d better hurry up and sell more subprime mortgages, or he might miss the boat.
Bush kicked Syria out.
Did anyone else catch that Biden seemingly had forgotten the name of ‘Lebanon’ and referred to it as ‘That country north of Israel’?
That explains why Biden looked like a Klingon last night!...........
I hope to see some ads referring to screw-ups like this alongside Joe saying he rejected any particular “portfolio” in exchange for sitting in baraq’s lap day in and day out, providing advise.
Joe Biden is the Mullah’s best friend in Iran. They paid him off to not vote to condemn the Revolutionary Guard.
Biden: The idea he [Cheney] doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.
First, Article one is the LEGISLATIVE branch not the executive. Everybody should understand that. Furthermore the role of the Vice President is mentioned in BOTH Article I (the Legislative) and Article II (Executive).
So much for Biden the Constitutional scholar.
What a tool.
Only ‘warning’ Obama might have given about sub-prime is that they werent loaning enough to poor credit risks...
“Loosen those purse strings or else”
One thing you have to give Biden credit for. He is very skilled at rapidly bulldozing over realities. And you have to give him credit, in the sense that he’s quite the adept liar.
He says something, you think, “wait a minute, that doesn’t make sense” and he’s two thoughts down the road on you. The only way to stay up with him is to scrutinize every word and somehow rapidly process it.
As anybody knows, 0bama said, on videotape, he’d sit down w/dinnerjacket w/o conditions. Plain, baldfaced mistruth spoken there.
And of course, nobody has kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, good grief, if that statement can be made, we’ve turned Iraq into a suburban strip mall with donut shops.
I did kind of wish that Sarah would ask him why Barry sued that bank and forced it to issue more subprime mortgages, if he was that concerned about the problem.
But that kind of question seems to go beyond McCain’s brief.
Biden makes stuff up as he goes along. He thinks that flashy smile will win you over. But Sarah’s smile was much brighter!
I do wish she would have said, “Did you just now make that up, Joe? Like you made the story up about FDR going on T.V.?”
Here’s the Mar 22, 2007 letter:
Dear Chairman Bernanke and Secretary Paulson,
There is grave concern in low-income communities about a potential coming wave of foreclosures. Because regulators are partly responsible for creating the environment that is leading to rising rates of home foreclosure in the subprime mortgage market, I urge you immediately to convene a homeownership preservation summit with leading mortgage lenders, investors, loan servicing organizations, consumer advocates, federal regulators and housing-related agencies to assess options for private sector responses to the challenge.
We cannot sit on the sidelines while increasing numbers of American families face the risk of losing their homes. And while neither the government nor the private sector acting alone is capable of quickly balancing the important interests in widespread access to credit and responsible lending, both must act and act quickly.
Working together, the relevant private sector entities and regulators may be best positioned for quick and targeted responses to mitigate the danger. Rampant foreclosures are in nobodys interest, and I believe this is a case where all responsible industry players can share the objective of eliminating deceptive or abusive practices, preserving homeownership, and stabilizing housing markets.
The summit should consider best practice loan marketing, underwriting, and origination practices consistent with the recent (and overdue) regulators Proposed Statement on Subprime Mortgage Lending. The summit participants should also evaluate options for independent loan counseling, voluntary loan restructuring, limited forbearance, and other possible workout strategies. I would also urge you to facilitate a serious conversation about the following:
* What standards investors should require of lenders, particularly with regard to verification of income and assets and the underwriting of borrowers based on fully indexed and fully amortized rates.
* How to facilitate and encourage appropriate intervention by loan servicing companies at the earliest signs of borrower difficulty.
* How to support independent community-based-organizations to provide counseling and work-out services to prevent foreclosure and preserve homeownership where practical.
* How to provide more effective information disclosure and financial education to ensure that borrowers are treated fairly and that deception is never a source of competitive advantage.
* How to adopt principles of fair competition that promote affordability, transparency, non-discrimination, genuine consumer value, and competitive returns.
* How to ensure adequate liquidity across all mortgage markets without exacerbating consumer and housing market vulnerability.
Of course, the adoption of voluntary industry reforms will not preempt government action to crack down on predatory lending practices, or to style new restrictions on subprime lending or short-term post-purchase interventions in certain cases. My colleagues on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs have held important hearings on mortgage market turmoil and I expect the Committee will develop legislation.
Nevertheless, a consortium of industry-related service providers and public interest advocates may be able to bring quick and efficient relief to millions of at-risk homeowners and neighborhoods, even before Congress has had an opportunity to act. There is an opportunity here to bring different interests together in the best interests of American homeowners and the American economy. Please dont let this opportunity pass us by.
U.S. Senator Barack Obama
It’s a real stretch to say he warned Paulson about the current crisis with that letter. It seems to mostly be asking for more special breaks for homeowners so they escape foreclosure.
Amd Mar 22, 2007 is not two years ago, but closer to 18 months ago.
Of course not! Obama and his ACORN pals were too busy pressuring banks to grant no down payment loans to unqualified borrowers...IOW creating the subprime mess...to be warning against it!
So The Empty Suit NEVER SAID ONE WORD ABOUT THE CRISIS IN THE FINANCIAL INDUSTRY. POSUER!@
“First, Article one is the LEGISLATIVE branch not the executive. Everybody should understand that. Furthermore the role of the Vice President is mentioned in BOTH Article I (the Legislative) and Article II (Executive).”
Sub-average Joe didn’t have good grades in law school. I guess he didnt read his Constitution closely.
“What a tool.”
“* How to support independent community-based-organizations to provide counseling and work-out services “
HE’S ASKING FOR MORE HANDOUTS TO ACORN!!!
How is that ‘warning of a crisis’ its more like begging for more handouts!
Another important point getting missed is this: Obama was in the Democrat majority Congress. If they really knew this was coming, their failure to act more appropriately and promptly should be laid at their feet.
That how I read the letter.
Man, these guys are bigger liars than the Clintons, and that is saying something.
I was hoping against hope that Palin would slam him on the NATO comment, along the lines of “So Senator, you think Iraq is the wrong war, but Lebanon would be the right one? Because we all know when you say NATO you really mean the USA.”
Alas, it didn't happen. I don't know if most Americans are informed enough to realize Biden, Obama’s Mr. Foreign Policy, is a fantasist and a buffoon. I can only hope that Rush will set them straight this morning.
Biden is a B.Ser cra salesmen.
THE FACTS: Biden voted for 1999 deregulation that liberal groups are blaming for part of the financial crisis today. The law allowed Wall Street investment banks to create the kind of mortgage-related securities at the core of the problem now. The law was widely backed by Republicans as well as by Democratic President Clinton, who argues it has stopped the crisis today from being worse.
[Well Gwen, two years ago Barack Obama warned about the sub prime mortgage crisis - Biden
Can anyone confirm this???]
It was just a letter. I’d like to see it produced.
Fresh from the McCain people.
JOE BIDENS 14 LIES DURING THE DEBATE!
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted the exact same way as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.
2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.
3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, Drill we must. But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to raping the Outer Continental Shelf.
4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of its passage.
5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says hes always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.
6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCains record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.
7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false
8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.
9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.
10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.
11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was dead wrong on Iraq, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.
12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldnt see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.
13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesnt meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.
14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.
I think Uncle Joe attributed several things to the Constitution last night that exist only in his fantasies.
Never has, never will.............
For sure. But then, we're not really supposed to listen to him, we're just supposed to know he's right and to vote for him, like much of the DU.