Skip to comments.Mexican soldiers crossed clear line
Posted on 10/13/2008 8:09:51 PM PDT by markomalley
The nation's border czar has concluded that Mexican soldiers who held a U.S. Border Patrol agent at gunpoint in August did so after bypassing a barbed-wire fence and other clearly visible barriers to cross into the United States, contradicting claims by the State Department and the Mexican government that the soldiers were simply lost.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner W. Ralph Basham, in a private letter to the National Border Patrol Council Local 2544 in Tucson, Ariz., described the Aug. 3 border incident as a "potential lethal encounter involving four Mexican armed military soldiers north of the international boundary."
"There is a barbed-wire fence and new tactical infrastructure within sight that marks the borderline where the incident took place," Mr. Basham said. "Our uniformed agent, in a marked Border Patrol vehicle, identified himself in both English and Spanish."
Mr. Basham, who oversees the Border Patrol, said that while most incursions into the United States by Mexican military or law enforcement authorities take place in remote areas where the international border is poorly marked, "that was not the case in this particular incident."
He also described the tactics used against the agent, including the pointing of automatic rifles at him, as "unacceptable," adding that the incident had been "thoroughly documented by the Department of Homeland Security." He said the matter has since been sent to the State Department "with a request for diplomatic action."
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
Man I wish I had the GCs where that happened.
Hey, come on, I bet those Mexican soldiers get a good talking-to!
Next time, we should just shoot them down, an armed incursion with malicious intent is just that. They’ve proven their intent, there is no reason whatsoever to assume the next incident is anything but. It’s what Mexico does on it’s southern border, why shouldn’t we follow their lead and do the same.
So the state department covered for the mexicans, it seems.
Condi Rice needs to be terminated immediately. Let her sell her PC globalism back at Stanford.
Reminds me of the Dept of Homeland Security a**holes that lied about Ramos and Compean. BTW, were they fired?
and every agent knows that if he does his fate will be the same as Agents Campean and Ramos.
Shoot to kill and drop the bodies at the UN, demand an explanation from Mexico.
But we, the Bread and Circuses People, wouldn't stand for that.
I already wrote a letter to the BP about placing landmines, but they didn’t reply back. Oh well...
True. Maybe we need more citizens on the border. Try me in court, I'll post a heck of a defense, and I won't be foolish enough to trust Gov't laywers.
I sit here and read this and I wonder how long it will be before the USA is attacked again IF obama is elected. I would say within one year OR LESS, we will be attacked. We MUST NOT let this Marxist TRAITOR win this election!
So far this year alone, something more than 1500 Mexicans have been killed in their drug cartel civil war. Mexican kidnappers and assassins have come far into the United States to attack those who have fled here.
Eventually this is going to end up with either a group of Mexican soldiers crossing the border and raiding an American town, like Poncho Villa’s raid on Columbus, New Mexico; or with a group of armed Americans ambushing and killing a number of Mexican soldiers miles deep on US soil.
In either case, the standard denials and suppression of evidence by both the US State Department and the Mexican government will be of no avail, especially if evidence is video recorded and distributed on the Internet.
Any Mexican personnel killed or captured will likely be active duty Mexican army, not “Zetas” pretending to still be on active duty. This will be especially obvious if they have relatives who demand their return.
“He said the matter has since been sent to the State Department “with a request for diplomatic action.”
Pffft. The State Dept WANTS this illegal invasion. The Mexican military could slaughter 15 border agents in one night and the State Dept wouldn’t lift a finger (and neither would Bush). Oh sure, they’d make some public statement, but when all was said and done WE WOULD APOLIGIZE TO MEXICO.
Honestly... I am at a point where I don’t trust a single person in government, at any level.
AMEN to that!! There are about a dozen reasons he shouldn’t be in the race to begin with. Very Good reasons, and there is no excuse for the socialist to allow him to keep running. I know some young people who are planing to vote 3rd party. I have talked to them repeatedly to please consider the danger of one less vote going for McCain, and we HAVE to stop this thug. What he would do to this country is unspeakable. No matter what they think of McCain. We need to take back the House, at least! And as I told them, at least with McCain, we can keep fighting, if the thug gets in, we can’t. I hope it changes a few of their minds.
If you listen to all these news channels (Fox included), the Obama election is all but certain. GOD HELP US!
Refresh my memory. Is the State Department a part of the United States government or not?
Yeah but be sure to drop them on our side of the line. That way they can not deny it. Then our BP guard can get financial compensation from the mexican government for the strained finger from pulling the trigger.
We can also charge the mexican government for the flame thrower fuel be used to sanitize U.S. soil. After all who knows what was in the blood they bled.
And no sane man wants to touch it either..... not even with haz-mat suits on.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.