Skip to comments.'Smears' About Obama Largely True (incl. ineligible)
Posted on 10/21/2008 1:00:36 AM PDT by solfour
The Obama campaign says its candidate is a victim of smears -- and has even created a Web site to fight such attacks.
But a Newsmax investigation finds many of the so-called smears are largely based in truth -- and the Obama campaign uses half-truths, clever language and ad hominem attacks to spin the facts.
Obamas www.FightTheSmears.com focuses mainly on anti-Obama messages being repeated on the Internet and talk radio, the only media where Obama ideological allies are not dominant.
These smears and the Obama rebuttals are often framed in lawyerly language that leaves much wiggle room in the candidates answers.
FightTheSmears.com also makes no attempt at objectivity, describing Obamas critics as pushing misleading research and distorted claims because they are ideologues busy spreading a pack of lies about Barack.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
Former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania Philip J. Berg, a Democrat with mixed credibility (he has supported conspiracy theories involving 9/11), has filed a lawsuit to force Obama to produce a certified copy of his birth certificate. According to Berg, Obamas paternal grandmother has said she was present at his birth in Kenya, after which his mother promptly returned with her baby to the United States. If that is true, Obama could be constitutionally ineligible to be president.
Hannity, Rush, Fox News, etc. should soon chime in about admissions made by Obama procedurally in the Berg lawsuit:
* Admit you were born in Kenya.
* Admit you are a Kenya natural born citizen.
* Admit your foreign birth was registered in the State of Hawaii.
* Admit your father, Barrack Hussein Obama, Sr., admitted Paternity of you.
* Admit your mother gave birth to you in Mombosa, Kenya.
* Admit your mothers maiden name is Stanley Ann Dunham a/k/a Ann Dunham.
* Admit the COLB [Certification of Live Birth] posted on the website Fightthesmears.com is a forgery.
* Admit you were adopted by a Foreign Citizen.
* Admit you were adopted by Lolo Soetoro, M.A. a citizen of Indonesia.
* Admit you were not born in Hawaii.
* Admit you are a citizen of Indonesia.
* Admit you never took the Oath of Allegiance to regain your U.S. Citizenship status.
* Admit you are not a natural born United States citizen.
* Admit your senior campaign staff is aware you are not a natural born United States Citizen.
* Admit the United States Constitution does not allow for a Person to hold the office of President of the United States unless that person is a natural born United States citizen.
* Admit you are ineligible pursuant to the United States Constitution to serve as President and/or Vice President of the United States.
I can’t wait to see Keith Olbermann lose his mind, albeit he doesn’t have that much to lose.
All it takes is a trip to wikipedia to see Berg's history. There are things I don't agree with, that tend to strain his credibility. However in this case, the problem is well defined, can be simply disposed of, and raises a warning flag in the minds of many.
Lord, fight the spiritual battle that is going on right now regarding this case and bring the truth, whatever it may be, into the open. AMEN!!!
OK, I don’t get how being born in Kenya would make Obama ineligible any more than McCain being born in Panama would. They were both born to American parents, at least one, and would be citizens.
Obama’s most important line in script: HEIL Clinton!
AFAIK, the rules back in 1961 concerning foreign born persons and American citizenship are not the same as the rules today.
I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but back in 1961, if the American parent is less than 18 years old, they must be a resident of the USA for 5 or 6 years of continuous residency in the USA to claim automatic citizenship for foreign born children.
That's why many want to see his Hawaiian birth certificate. If he was born in Kenya, he is not an American citizen due to his mother's residency (or non-residency) in the USA, and his mother's age.
In McCain’s case, he actually WAS born on American territory. The Panama Canal Zone was held by the U.S. until Carter turned it over to Panama in the late 1970s.
It’s explained above.
Obama, if true, was born on foreign soil to only 1 American parent.
I personally see a very big difference between the two.
Maybe B. Hussein’s an illegal alien and we can deport him?
If Olberman lost his mind, would we detect any difference?
Because his mother was 18 and the law at that time did not make Obama an instant citizen of the United States.
Thanks - need those talking points today for a couple of dim coworkers
The biggest problem I have with the birth record released by Obama is that his father’s race is listed as “African.” Back in 1961 it would have been listed as “Negro.” “African” or “African-American” is a designation not used until years later. Absolutely NO birth certificates in the USA back in 1961 used “African” as a racial designation.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.