Skip to comments.Shameless Pathetic Vanity! DO WE REALLY HAVE A CHANCE?
Posted on 11/03/2008 3:35:19 PM PST by dormee
I'm making myself sick with worry. I can't drag myself away from FR, can't get anything done and am worried beyond belief! Do you all honestly think we will pull this out? The thought of Obama winning scares the daylights out of me! I know I should ignore the polls but they are weighing me down. I will hit my knees at 9:00 p.m. and pray to our God that we don't get what we really deserve.
Anti-meltdown ping alert!!!!
Look at the pollsters track record.
Man up and vote.
Yes, we can win, and we can do it without PA and without overcoming anymore than a 4 point lead in a state.
Yes, we can win, and we can do it without PA and without overcoming anymore than a 4 point lead in a state.
Stop worrying and go vote. Get yourself saved, as well and put your trust in Christ, then you’ll learn to not worry.
I vote all hysterical vanity threads be moved to the Smokey Back Room for the duration.
As Clint said in “Unforgiven”.
It ain’t about deserved.
Yes, we can win.
There are many posts today about how it can be done.
Of course we have a chance, but let’s be honest, Obama is the odds on favorite to win. Not one national poll has McCain tied or ahead. Hell, none of them even have him within 3.
If our side turns out to vote in heavy numbers, and those much talked about undecided voters break for McCain, he can win.
Yes, we do. The polls have been wrong before and will be tomorrow.
I expect a close race, but McCain will have the lead in the electoral and popular vote.
The MSM will scream racism.
Obama will be defiant and not concede ever.
There will be mass riots in large cities.
We will win. Early voting in Florida and Texas are not showing the trends the MSM and polling was saying. They are saying the opposite. Florida had more democrats come out and vote early over republicans, yet McCain is up over Obama by 4% in early votes. That can only happen if large amounts of democrats are crossing over, PUMAS - NOBAMAs, and they are voting McCain.
0) NEW!!! Coalgate http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2123235/posts
1) ACORN has been stuffing the Democratic registration lists for years now, especially this year. Pollsters use these stuffed registered-voter lists to poll real people, so if the lists read 60%D, 40%R, the pollster will poll 60 Ds for every 40 Rs. If every D were for Obama and every R were for McCain, Obama ought to be ahead by 20 points in the polls Hes not! Ergo, McCain is actually ahead and doesnt know it!
2) The press (AP, MSNBC, NYT) is starting to turn on Obama. They see whats happening in the early returns. Please see http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2119327/posts and http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2119299/posts and http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2123219/posts
3) If you have not considered that Democratic Presidential campaigns would try to browbeat you into thinking that a Democrat win was inevitable, and that you should side with history, and vote with everyone, please read http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2117212/posts
4) According to http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2118129/posts, McCain is polling evenly in early voting exit polls in a county that has 28% more Democrats. Repeat: DEMOCRATS ARE VOTING McPALIN!!!
5) Oh yeah, the Joe the Plumber video isnt the only time Obama has let fly with his spread the wealth worldview. He blabbed about it profusely in 2001 http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2116921/posts
6) Polls that show Obama ahead tell a different story when internals are studied. Please see http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/an-eeyore-free-zone for a primer on how polls are cooked. UPDATE: Rasmussen saying McCain ahead in Florida and Ohio.
And now, a brief history lesson of ACTUAL ELECTION RESULTS:
1980: Reagan 50.75%, Carter 41%, (+9.75 Reagan) Reagan won 45 states.
1984: Regan 58.77%, Mondale 40.56% (+18.21 Regan) Reagan won 49 states.
1988: Bush 53.37%, Dukakis 45.65% (+7.72 Bush) Bush won 42 states.
1992: Clinton 43.01%, Bush 37.45%, Perot 18.91% (+5.66% Clinton) Clinton won 30 states.
1996: Clinton 49.23%, Dole 40.72%, Perot 8.40% (+8.49% Clinton) Clinton won 31 states.
2000: Bush 47.87%, Gore 48.38% (Gore +0.49%) Bush won 30 states.
2004: Bush 50.73%, Kerry 48.27% (Bush +2.46%) Bush won 31 states.
NO WAY was Obama ever up 14 points! He wont even break 49%.
7) Hillary and Bill are not acting like they want Obama to win, since she wants to run again in 2012, despite what she alludes to. Notice Hillary has not gotten Berg to cut it out with his birth certificate lawsuit.
8) Hussein being Obamas middle name is still news to most people.
9) A picture of Obama dressed as a Muslim (there are at least three) is still worth 1000 words (3000 in this case). Man your email station! Post bills!
10) The PUMAs who know the hows and whys of Hillary getting cheated, will vote Palin, and will pull others. Check out http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=33711&page=3 and http://democrats-against-obama.org. Freeper lonestar67 says, Surveys have suggested that as many as 20-30% of Democrats may vote for McCain based on the rejection of Hillary. If even fractions of these claims are true, Obama would be hard pressed to win the election especially in key states such as Pennsylvania and Ohio.
11) [Bitter Clingers] to [Religion and Guns], will vote McCain, so much so that 22K of the 45K in Grand Junction, Colorado came out to see her http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2110920/posts.
12) The Palins ARE America and the conservative base. America and the conservative base will vote accordingly. According to http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2106836/posts parts of the country that were not fired up about the election, are working for Palin. She draws THOUSANDS at every campaign stop.
13) The NRA has 8 figures of ads to unload in swing states
14) At one point, Obama was only 5 points up in New York! New York!
15) The Democrats were talking about Democratic consultants freaking out over Obama mis-managing his campaign before they settled into poll alteration.
16) The Enemedia is already spreading the meme that if Obama loses, it is racism. They see the tea leaves ...
17) The Media was calling the election for Kerry ELECTION MORNING in 2004, and Carter and Reagan polled evenly on election day! SOMEONE is trying to buffalo us with these polls! For more on the history of polls leaning Democrat, please see http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2106669/posts Both Zogby and Mike McCurry predicted a Kerry win.
18) McCain has only started to play the Ayers card. McCain has not yet played the Tony Rezko, Odinga, ... more at http://www.barackbook.com
19) Plenty of long-time Democratic voters are http://thehill.com/dick-morris/undecideds-should-break-for-mccain-2008-10-28.html Long time Democrat votesrs are unimpressed with Obama, and will not vote for him. Two midwestern transplants have volunteered to me that they know lifelong Democrats who WILL NOT vote for Obama. The 1st hand accounts here on Free Republic about lack of enthusiasm for Obama relative to Kerry similarly bodes poorly for Obama.
20) Obama has only 75% of the Jewish vote last I checked, just like Kerry (comfortable R win). Gore got 90% (close R win). Please see http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/05/obama_and_the_jewish_vote.php and http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08293/921167-470.stm
21) The Christian base that re-elected Bush in 2004, knows Sarah is more than a Sunday Christian, and is praying for her.
22) McCain opened 50 offices in California. Its in play! It should be the bluest of the blue, and it is not.
23) Google Bradley Effect. Obama is getting poll votes hell never get on election day. PUMAs have also agreed to lie to pollsters about supporting Obama, and are encouraging others to do so.
24) Operation Chaos resulted in an overlarge quantity of Democrat registrations that will never ever vote Democratic.
25) Obamas spread the wealth line to Joe the Plumber will cost him undecideds not ready to etch the current class structure in stone.
26) The Enemedia overstating Obamas popularity will cut two ways. The lazy, and the youth, (core Democrat constituencies) will not brave traffic and lines to vote on election day, since they were lied to by the KGBMedia to believe that Obama has a gigantic lead. In fact, if I worked for the GOP, Id make sure free beer/music parties were being held outside of every major blue city before/on election day. Theyre called raves.
27) There is a group playing Jeremiah Wrights ads. Read more about it http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2108462/posts, and to donate visit https://www.completecampaigns.com/FR/contribute.asp?campaignid=OCDBPac.
28) The Obama crew already knows theyre going to lose. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2110803/posts and http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2103037/posts
29) Kerry won the Nickelodeon kids vote 57/43, and Obama won it 51/49! If you dont think kids vote like their parents, then you got another thing coming! http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2110843/posts
30) Freeper lonestar67 says, ... the misogynist treatment of Palin by the media elite has provided additional elements to the coming silent backlash especially among women.
31) Three people over 50 (white male and two Mexican women), on two occasions, on October 25th, asked me if I know about Obama not being a citizen. My Dad knows, and he emailed all his friends also. Point being, EVERYBODY KNOWS that Obama aint benevolently and humbly forthcoming with his birth certificate, and thus something fishy is afoot in Camelot.
32) Obama will get 1% less Evangelical votes than Kerry did. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2123218/posts
33) Polls are meant by the Enemedia, to SHAPE public opinion, not to accurately report it. Get your news here! Stop torturing yourself! We bring the liberal media lies here, and we dissect them through the lenses of Christianity and Conservatism.
Make sure you ...
1) campaign and/or pray and/or donate
3) wear the gracious smile of a victor
Fellow Freepers, please feel free to post this list every time you see a Freeper or anyone feeling down, anywhere. No need to credit me or ping or write me.
Let me know if you have any other under-reported reasons for the coming McCain/Palin win.
Please tell me if you think there are mistakes.
Hey Obama supporters!! Taxes kill businesses, which kills jobs, which kills people.
That all depends: do you trust The Sheep?
I never will again.
It's called pshy-ops in the military.
So far I scored 12 kills for McCain. How about you. The keyboard isn't the best place to be tomorrow.
Just hang onto what Sarah said: “Whatever happens on Nov. 4th will be God’s will.” That’s what I’m hanging onto. And my rifle and 500 rounds of ammo.
DON'T PRAY THAT!!!! Pray that God has mercy on us and gives us better than we deserve. Leaders that will lead us to be a more righteous nation.
We are going to win and beginning to think it is going to be win big! All you have to do is see the energy in McCain-Palin rallies and the lack of energy for the past week with ZERO. Maybe longer.
Let’s do this:
Snap out of it!
Quit cryin & start prayin!
No, change your diaper and go to sleep.
I’m as anxious as you are. I’m truly, truly hoping that the majority of Americans pull through on this one—the ones who are responsible and pay taxes. Obama may have locked up the ones who pay no taxes and take no responsibility, but they’re hardly the majority!
And the reality is, should McCain not win, we just have to work that much harder in 2010, something I am entirely prepared to do (I’m one of those annoying people that carries the ballot petition every June!).
It'll take your mind off things a bit.
It'll also help us decide whether to call for the zot the next time you post a vanity.
Go to JohnMcCain.com and start making phone calls. It’ll make you feel one hundred percent better.
It’s OK! Vote, get your friends to vote, and pray hard! I really do think we have a good chance. Ignore the polls - they’re part of the Alinksy psychological manipulation plan.
In any case, when McCain wins tomorrow, it’s still not going to be over, because the Dems are going to litigate for weeks if not months. So we will be needing all strong Freepers during this time!
Pray and stay strong.
Don’t believe the polls! They have been manipulated by the liberals!
Keep your spirit high and your faith strong!!!! WE’RE GONNA WIN THIS ELECTION!!!!!
And yes, let’s be praying our butts off for our country! And let’s make sure we ALL VOTE tomorrow!!!!!
And I agree, Obama scares the daylights out of me, too! That’s why we must trust in our Lord to allow a victory for McCain & Palin!!!
Do like I just did and eat your kids Halloween Candy.
LOL! Hysteria and Panic threads should have their own section. So many here have foundations built of sand.
I’m in Florida...there are McCain/Palin signs everywhere along the I-4 corridor. People are voting like crazy.
Look for a big win in Florida tomorrow.
Hispanics are going heavily for McCain in Florida.
Don’t worry friend everything will be alright, that’s a five star guarantee. Nothing has happened yet, and a lot of folks are in for a big surprize (again) tomorrow.
No despair! No back-biting!
I doubt the polls are going to be too far off nationally. My two hopes is
1) that the turnout for the battleground states will not be significantly higher for the democrats because the prior years races already maxed out the possible turnout
2) the Bradley effect is higher in the battleground states.
REMAIN CALM! ALL IS WELL!!!
It will be fine.
Put your time to good use and make calls for McCain. Go to their web site. It’s easy.
For every vote the opposition casts (fake or real) may the children of God cast 40 more for life.
I’m right with you, friend. But consider this posting from the Associated Press (below). Bottom line, very few people have voted yet, and nobody knows what will happen. Plus 80 - 90% of people, disproportionately republican, refuse to respond to pollsters’ calls.
AP Warns: McCain Could Win Electoral College
Monday, November 3, 2008 4:55 PM
WASHINGTON It’s a nightmare scenario for Democrats their nominee Barack Obama winning the popular vote while Republican John McCain ekes out an Electoral College victory. Sure, McCain trails in every recent national poll. Sure, surveys show that Obama leads in the race to reach the requisite 270 electoral votes to win the presidency.
Sure, chances of Republicans retaining the White House are remote.
But some last-minute state polls show the GOP nominee closing the gap in key states Republican turf of Virginia, Florida and Ohio among them, and Democratic-leaning Pennsylvania, too.
If the tightening polls are correct and undecided voters in those states break McCain’s way both big ifs that could make for a repeat of the 2000 heartbreaker for Democrats that gave Republicans the White House.
Right on, Ralph. Best call of the year.
Jesus and I determine my course, not the President. This is all window dressing.
I lieu of getting saved, dormee should at least log off FR and go watch a movie or read a good book.
This thing might come down to “hanging chads” LOL
If it is God’s will.
And I believe that God’s hand was in the formation, success, and continuation of the United States.
God’s will WILL be done.
Vote, pray, and turn it over to God.
Everything that happens is not God's will. God allows a lot of evil because He gave us free will. It's only when considering that God wants us to have free will and therefore God is willing to permit things that are not best for us in order that we have our free will, can you say that everything is God's will.
It wasn't God's will when Israel rejected God as king, but God allowed it. It wasn't God's will when Cain killed Abel, but God allowed it. It wasn't God's will the last time you sinned, but God allowed it. And this election might not result in God's will, but God has allowed us to select these two men as our final choices.
It’s 4:20 somewhere...
I am utterly terrified. I have been demoralzied by the polls. I think its gonna be a bad night tomorrow.
This country is moving sharply to the left and it scares me.
Yes we have a chance. I also love your ending about “getting what we deserve.”
Have you figured out the American electorate is not exactly a Rock of Gibraltar? This is the same bunch that walked away from our allies in SouthEast Asia and never lost a night’s sleep over it. No guilt, no responsibility. Literally millions dead in a holocaust, millions more enslaved to this day.
America is far better than most, but we are far from perfect. So get out there and vote because it matters.