I think a more effective strategy is to put greedy Americans on a severe diet. “Starve the beast”, as one FReeper aptly put it. Every time you walk into a store of any kind, whether it’s a clothing store, bookstore, deli, whatever, ask yourself, “how do I think this person voted?” It will be easier to answer with some people than others, especially depending on where you live. Where I live, I think I can approach 99% certainty in a LOT of cases. Then, ask yourself, “is there any way, ANY WAY AT ALL, that I can avoid supporting this person’s paycheck? Is there any way I can compensate for the $500 Obama Check(tm) that this person will steal from my wages? Use your imagination — I’m sure you can.
1. KEEP your old car. Detroit unions share a LOT of blame for MI going Dem year after year. If you’re a fan of American cars as I am, fine, but KEEP YOUR RIDE. It’s cheaper to keep it running than to buy new, and you’re starving the beast in the process. If the industry crashes, perhaps you’ll be doing MI a favor in the very long run when they won’t be beholden to those unions.
2. NEVER buy movies — buy a Hauppauge capture card and a $50 DVD burner. Buy Sage TV for DVR software. You’ll have hundreds of dollars in a short while and NOT ONE CENT will go to Hollywood. I made that decision years ago.
3. Don’t eat out, cook instead, even if it’s from the frozen food section. How did those restaurant workers vote? I’ll bet I can guess with surprising accuracy.
4. Needle and thread isn’t for wusses. It’s just a wrench for your clothes. “The right tool for the right job”, as our fathers and grandfathers used to scream at us. Save your dollars.
5. “Did I make interest work for me today?” Write it on an index card NOW. I literally just did that and I have it on my TV as a constant reminder. Don’t spend your hard-EARNED — EARNED!!! — dollars on greedy losers who want to steal from you. Make your money work for you, not them.
Email and share. Append your ideas as you can. Please. It’s time to hang together.
This is a great list of suggestions. I’ll buy my gun safe tomorrow so I can get keep the guns I inherited from my dad in the house with the kids. Then I’ll stay out of the stores as much as possible.
Love your post!
This is exactly what needs to be done. And I am so on board.
They can take my money, but they can’t make me give it away.
Thank you both for this.
Starve the beast sounds like a winning strategy to me.