Skip to comments.Rasmussen: Majority Say Reporters Tried To Help Obama
Posted on 11/05/2008 9:44:46 AM PST by Chet 99
As the presidential campaign comes to a close, a majority of voters (51%) say most reporters have tried to help Barack Obama win the presidency. Just seven percent (7%) think they tried to help John McCain.
Thirty-one percent (31%) say reporters have offered unbiased coverage, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Ten percent (10%) are undecided.
Men are far more suspicious than women. Fifty-seven percent (57%) of male voters think reporters actively favored Obama, compared to a plurality of female voters (46%).
Eighty-four percent (84%) of Republicans and 51% of unaffiliated voters say reporters have tried to help Obama, but just 24% of Democrats agree. Nearly half of Democrats (49%) say reporters tried to be unbiased, and only 12% think they tried to help McCain.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Get used to it.
The MSM monopoly is back. :D
Will Captain Obvious please pick up the white couretsy phone, please? Thank you.
The MSM will be emboldened - it worked for them.
I honestly don’t care what a majority of people think anymore. A majority of people have proven to me that they are total f*****g idiots.
BREAKING: Dan Rather will be the new news anchor on CBS. /sarc
So! A majority of Americans realize that the media was brainwashing them, duping them, bamboozling them, and taking them for a ride, but they all went along with it like sheep?!
I’ve had it with polls and percentages, egad...any moron knows the media favors the liberals...no poll is necessary to substantiate the obvious...
And the few who didn't play were thrown off the bus (plane). I bet that message rang loud and clear.
Watch the networks dynasties suffer when they get no more big political advertising. Yea!
Apparently it beats the hell out of thinking judging by the results...
I would love to talk to the 7% who think the MSM helped McCain.
They probably also believe Elvis is working at a diner in Peoria.
The MSM is the enemy. Cut off their food supply. Don’t subscribe. If you must view sites requiring login ID’s use a shared login from www.bugmenot.com.
How can this be? The news media tells us all that it is objective and unbiased. That 51% of the people polled must be delusional!
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
As we say out west, Cowboy up! Our faith and hope is in God, and yet, we can’t sit on our biscuits and groan about the new president. We must remain focused, hold our leaders accountable, and continue to fight for justice and liberty. No whining. We leave that to the liberals.
As my tag reads, we must start with education from the ground up. Support vouchers and charter schools. It’s not the solution, but a start.
And it did not matter a single bit, “yeah the media is biased, but Obamao just speaks so well!!!”
They kicked the hell out of Sarah Palin and some of our alleged “own” Opinion Leaders joined in the stomping.
The Vichy Republicans are twice as guilty as the Olbermann’s of the MSM.
The media should be made to answer for the results of those policies, along with the liberal wing of the democrat party.
"If you think the media tried to help Obama, do you approve or disapprove of their actions."
My hunch - this Country's educational system is so far in the tank for the left, the majority would approve of a media helping the left.
“Nearly half of Democrats (49%) say reporters tried to be unbiased, and only 12% think they tried to help McCain.”
Just one more proof that the majority of Democrats, 61%, are living in an alternate reality. To them up is down, wrong is right, black is white, and day is night.
“The MSM is the enemy.”
They truly are. I hope all conservatives stop watching all networks and their websites. Please tell me what there would be to gain by watching. TV, to me at least, has become so boring and a total waste of time.
Until the right takes on the MSM, it will get nowhere.
Palin understands the problem and look how they reacted.
“ONLY 51% believed that the Media is/was biased toward Obama. That number should be closer to 70%.”
Should be 95% but unfortunately I think if in the final month all three networks were to replace there normal nightly news shows with 30 minute* Obama infomercials you would still get 1/3 of the population say they saw no bias.
*[or in other words extended there nightly 5 minute Obama infomercials to 30 minutes]
I like the Pew findings even better:
A stunning 70% to 9%.
Baaaa. And, uh, hope...change....baaaa.
Most of them are probably at Kos and DU.
I’ll third that.
I say that within a year his approval rating will be in the dumps. Conservatives and Republicans already can't stand him and his voter base thinks they are getting free stuff that he will not be able to deliver. Add to that the fact that when he gets rid of the 2003 tax cuts which in turn will raise the entire federal income tax rates back up the highs of the year 2000 and low income gets screwed as well as middle income -- not just the rich -- and people are going to know that they got bamboozled.
These people can go to hell and keep buying into the propaganda and keep electing their socialist, radical Demonrats they belove so much that they only expanded their control of Congress and give us 0bama. I really want nothing to do with anyone who voted for 0bama.
It's going to interesting to watch the media these next few months and years. Will they continue to drool all over him or will they actually write some articles that are critical of his failed policies?
Obama is going to attempt to kill every network except the “big” ones which he will simply bring in to line.