Skip to comments.Collins: Palin a 'Moose-Murderer'
Posted on 12/06/2008 4:37:49 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest
Though O.J. Simpson was sentenced for robbery and related crimes yesterday, thirteen years ago he walked on a double-murder charge. That might be an isolated case, but Gail Collins apparently believes there are tens of millions of murderers roaming free in America. We call them by a different name: hunters.
Collins made her inane hunting = murder analogy in her column today in the course of taking one more gratuitous swipe at Sarah Palin. The gist of "The Senate, Snowe and Dinkytown" is that in a Senate where Democrats will fall one or two seats short of the magic 60, the few moderate Senate Republicans will play a crucial role. Collins focuses in particular on Olympia Snowe of Maine. And while wondering why McCain didn't choose her as his running mate, the columnist gets off her smear on Palin, and hunters in general [emphasis added]:
(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
Gail Collins’ strange moral compass ping to Today show list.
Ever eat a cheeseburger Gail? Than you’re an accessory to cow murder.
LOL! Olympia Snowe should have been Mac’s running mate? Trying to outleft Obama?
Who’s Gail Collins?
Gail, you’re a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
LOL - I guess plucking eyebrows is considered a murderous habit too?
Sorry for the personal dig - no actually I’m not.
Yeah, I hope that she is a vegetarian...... But Wait....Asparagus is a living thing, too.
Palin a ‘Moose-Murderer’, Collins homely as a Moose?
This hussy obviously resents the fact that Governor Palin is self-sufficient and actually works for a living, unlike Olympia Snowe.
But then again...it's also very important to note what she didn't kill...her own child.
All of those are some of the reasons I wil be voting FOR Sarah Palin in 2012!
Why do lesbian vegetarians all have that “earnest” look? You know, the semi-debauched one that signals that they are at least part-mad? Maybe not mad enough to be certifiable, but mad enough that you dare not trust them with scissors or other dangerous sharp objects?
You’re the man, Jeff!
Damn. I knew “Deer Assassin” would have been a better FReeper name.
"Obama's record on abortion is extreme. He opposed the ban on partial-birth abortion -- a practice a fellow Democrat, the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan, once called 'too close to infanticide.' Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion. And now Obama has oddly claimed he would not want his daughters to be 'punished with a baby' because of a crisis pregnancy -- hardly a welcoming attitude toward new life."
From OnTheIssues.org: Obama on Abortion
* Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
* We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
* Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
* Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
* GovWatch: Obama's "present" votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
* Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
* Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
* Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
* Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
* Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
* Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
* Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
* Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
* Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
* Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
‘Gail Collins strange moral compass...’, slyly effective way of describing her? moral Comp...LOL!
Vegetarians are never happy because as hard as they try to make soy or tofu look and taste like meat, it still sucks. You will never find meat-eaters trying to make beef look like a tomato. We are happy with foods being what they are supposed to be.
She’s competing with Helen Thomas in looks?
These liberal "moralists" and their absoultely decrpid and corrupt morality, sicken and disgust me.
Hey Colins “YOUR VEGETABLES NEED CO2”
I have a big carrot you can enjoy.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.