Skip to comments.The 12 ways to a Merry Fitzmas
Posted on 12/13/2008 12:08:27 PM PST by Phoenix11
Let's run down the list, shall we...
1. Allison Davis, Obama's boss at his law firm, was a player in the extortion attempt in the Board Games case. Davis also partnered with Rezko and received taxpayer subsidies to rehab apartments and homes, getting deal after deal from Mayor Daley. Daley, Davis, Rezko, Blago, and Obama have all worked together to obtain government funding for said "housing development". In exchange, the slumlords have financed Blago and Obama's political careers.
2. Two politicians specifically received donations from the kickback schemes. You guessed it. Blago and Obama. From the first pay-off, 20K was funneled through the pizza businesses to Obama.
3. Rezko was a major player in a scheme to obtain millions of dollars by shaking down firms doing business before two boards that Stuart Levine served on, the Teachers Retirement System and the Hospital Facilities Planning Board. Blago, his campaign manager, Obama, along with others, got Levine re-appointed to the Hospital Facilities Planning Board.
4. John Rogers, the head of an investment firm that ended up with major money from the pension funds, was a member of Obama's finance committee for his Senate and Presidential run. Others on the finance committee for the Senate run: Tony and Rita Rezko, Allison Davis, and Mike Cherry.
5. After Rezko's indictment, Obama donated all of the $11.5K that Rezko gave in campaign contributions. Ha, funny thing is, it turned out to be close to 250K.
6. Massuda was one of several members of the Health Facilities Planning Board appointed by Blago to serve after he won legislative approval to overhaul its membership. Who signed off on the legislative approval? You guessed it, Obama.
7. Mayor Daley, endorsed Obama for President. So, "in the spirit of reciprocation", Obama endorsed Daley and his running mates despite various City Hall corruption scandals. Oh yeah, Daley's brother also got a job as an Obama advisor.
8. Alexi Giannoulias became state treasurer after Obama vouched for him. In return, Giannoulias agreed to raise money for Obama's Presidential run. While Alexi was overseeing Broadway Bank's loans, the bank made more than $12 million in loans to Michael Giorango, now convicted bookmaker and prostitution ring promoter. Alexi held a fundraiser for Obama in Sept. 2007, a fact that Obama tried to keep hidden. Alexi also served on Obama's finance committee (Presidential).
9. Valerie Jarrett, met Michelle Obama while Michelle worked for Mayor Daley. In 2006, Jarrett was given a high-ranking job by the University of Chicago, Michelle's employer, to be chair of the Medical Center Board and the newly created Executive Committee of that board.
10. Robert Blackwell Jr. paid Obama an $8,000-a-month retainer for "legal advice" for a technology firm he owned. As a "thank you", Obama wrote a letter so that another company Blackwell owned could receive a state grant.
11. After Blago was elected governor, the TPS board was stacked so that favored investment firms were able to invest parts of the retirement funds $30 billion in assets. The "Co-Schemers", including William Cellini, then demanded kickbacks and worked to funnel money to Blago and Obama's political careers.
12. The "Co-Schemers" then reduced the size of the HFP board from 15 to 9 members, stacking it with 5 so that they had the majority. In 2004, the HFP board approved the building of a new hospital, though state analysts said it was not needed. Barack Obama was the chairman of the Senate Committee on Health and Human Services and was in on the correspondence for the TPS and HFP boards. The reason the hospital was not built? Fitzgerald. The builder of the hospital paid bribes to those who made the construction of the hospital possible. Kiferbaum pleaded guilty and is now singing like Rezko.
Is there a source?
Welcome Newbie....are you in Chicago?
Obama’s Earmarks Went to Hospital That Employs Michelle Obama ($1,000,000)
Me too. We should be able to dig these facts up somewhere. I’m trying to find the right keyword combinations in the right search engines.
Wow. That’s quite a list. Just the tip of the iceberg too.
Obama Camp Has Many Ties to Wife's Employer
By Joe Stephens
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, August 22, 2008; A01
A few years ago, executives at the prestigious University of Chicago Medical Center were concerned that an increasing number of patients were arriving at their emergency room with what the executives considered to be non-urgent complaints. The visits were costly to the hospital, and many of the patients, coming from the surrounding South Side neighborhood, were poor and uninsured.
Michelle Obama, an executive at the medical center, launched an innovative program to steer the patients to existing neighborhood clinics to deal with their health needs.
That effort, in time, inspired a broader program the hospital now calls its Urban Health Initiative. To ensure community support, Michelle Obama and others in late 2006 recommended that the hospital hire the firm of David Axelrod, who a few months later became the chief strategist for Barack Obama’s presidential campaign.
Links to University
Both Barack and Michelle Obama have worked at the University of Chicago, a financial and intellectual powerhouse with 9,500 employees and a legacy of nurturing Nobel laureates.
Barack was a part-time lecturer at the law school for more than a decade, earning as much as $69,000 a year. Michelle was the founding director of the university's community service center, working there for five years before moving to the medical center in 2001.
Shortly after Barack Obama joined the U.S. Senate in 2005, the medical center promoted Michelle Obama to vice president of community and external relations, and more than doubled her salary. She is now on leave from the $317,000-a-year post, in which she sought to bridge the gap between the wealthy institution and its poorer neighbors. The hospital declined to discuss the budget for her program or her input into budgetary decisions.
The vast majority of political contributions from university employees have gone to Democrats, and over the past nine years they have donated at least $373,000 to Barack Obama’s campaigns, records show. The university's executive suites are home to a number of the couple's closest friends and financial backers.
The medical center's chairwoman, Valerie Jarrett, is a close friend and top adviser who travels frequently with Barack Obama. One of Barack’s best friends, Eric Whitaker, is executive vice president at the center and is now in charge of the Urban Health Initiative. Hospital board member Kelly R. Welsh is executive vice president at Northern Trust Co., which extended the couple a $1.3 million home mortgage shortly after Barack Obama was elected to the U.S. Senate. Dan Shomon, Barack Obama’s former campaign manager, is a university lobbyist. Jarrett, Whitaker, Welsh and Shomon all declined to be interviewed or did not respond to requests.
And we thought this guy did not have the experience to deal with the Washington crowd....he made the Dean's List!
Welcome to Free Republic, BTW.
Eau de Toilet
Yeah, but when did any dimocrat ever really get in trouble. They have too much on everyone else.
Pretty closely held corporation, isn’t it? And more importantly, accountable to nobody outside their own circle.
To run an organization of this size requires some considerable funding, much of which came from the Chicago Annenberg Initiative, grant money from a private fund that was taken over and looted, very little of it actually being used to fund the original purpose, which was to “improve” Chicago schoolroom environments in the public schools.
Enter the George Soros funding capabilities. Through a number of front organizations, the cash just kept on coming when the Annenberg funds were finally drained, and was used to build the launch apparatus for the nascent obama perpetual campaign.
Now, understand, “campaign” has a much different meaning in this context than is normally understood to be in a political contest. This is smashmouth, lead-pipe, take-no-prisoners, all out mortal combat, not so much to win on the strength of your arguments, but to discredit, slander, and if possible, get the opponent to APPEAR to have some criminal background, making them unfit for office, before the same can be proven or even alleged about yourself.
By any objective standard, obama has NEVER openly WON any elective race prior to becoming a candidate for the US Presidency, it was always by default because the rival was outgunned and outmaneuvered, by getting cut off at the knees by some accusation or innuendo that turned out to have little basis in fact, but looked bad on paper and spread by a whispering campaign. Protective coloration by open and covert restating of reality by the various agencies who were safeguarding information that may not have proved beneficial was also a factor.
There is reason to believe that the campaign funding, once the spigot was turned on, was channelled in such ways to avoid being accountable by applicable campaign finance rules. This was supposed to be an election for Americans, by Americans. It shall never be pursued, but an objective investigation of the source of this funding in the long journey to the Oval Office for obama would show the presence of “economic royalists” and “malefactors of great wealth” have contributed far more disproportionately to the launch and ascension of this pretender, than has ever been the case in all of Untied States history.
Even Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr., was never this cynical about the nature of America.
Too bad Obama would not release his client list back when he was practicing law. He was professionaly tied with an ACORN affiliate that apparently use strong arm intimidation.
Myself. I compiled it from Rezko’s trial to reading/researching what little the media reported over the last couple of years.
Ah. So it is a “vanity” then. You did it right — and very good! Thanks.
Since there are a few of us that are not from Illinois/Chicago, can you supply references to these 12 points?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.