Skip to comments.ACTIONS FOR RESTORING AMERICA [My Title: Official Obama Scorecard]
Posted on 01/21/2009 8:54:06 PM PST by Protect the Bill of Rights
How to Begin Repairing the Damage to Freesom in America After Bush
PART 1 - DAY ONE
1. Stop Torture and Abuse
2. Close Guantánamo and Restore the Rule of Law for Detainees
3. End and Prohibit the Practice of Extraordinary Rendition
PART 2 - FIRST 100 DAYS
1. Warrantless spying.
2. Watch lists.
3. Freedom of Information - Ashcroft Doctrine.
4. Monitoring of activists.
5. DOJ's Civil Rights Division.
6. Real ID Act.
7. Abortion gag rule.
8. Ban all workplace discrimination against sexual minorities by the federal government and its contractors.
9. Death penalty.
10. "Faith-based initiatives."
PART 3 - FIRST YEAR RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Torture and Abuse
3. Extraordinary Rendition
4. Spying on Americans
5. Monitoring of activists
6. Real ID Act
7. Watch lists
8. Financial watch lists
9. Employee databases
10. Secure Flight
11. Harmonize privacy rules
12. Civil Liberties Oversight Board
13. DNA databases
14. Freedom of Information
15. FOIA ombudsman
16. Scientific freedom
17. Signing statements
18. Presidential documents
19. Federal websites
20. DOJ politicization
22. Death penalty
23. Travel to Cuba
24. Human rights treaties
25. Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties
26. 'Special Administrative Measures' for prisoners
27. Prisoner communications
28. Crack/Powder Sentencing
29. Medical marijuana
30. Discrimination against sexual minorities with federal dollars
31. The Civil Rights Division
32. Other Agencies' Civil Rights Enforcement
33. Federal Racial Profiling
34. Affirmative action
35. Rights of the disabled
36. School harassment based on sexual orientation and gender identity
37. Benefit plans covering domestic partners
38. Same-sex couples under Medicaid
39. Discrimination against sexual minorities in adoption and foster care
40. Discrimination By the Federal Government and Federal Contractors Against People with HIV
41. Political protest
42. Media Consolidation
43. Network neutrality
44. Online censorship of soldiers
45. Fleeting expletives
46. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
47. The faith-based initiative
48. Broaden the mandate of the Special Counsel for Religious Discrimination
49. Local immigration enforcement
50. Immigration raids
51. ID theft prosecutions
52. Deportation to nations that torture
53. Detention standards
54. Expedited removal
55. Board of Immigration Appeals
56. Single-sex education
57. Fair housing for domestic violence victims
58. Discrimination remedies
59. Home health care workers
60. Global gag rule on abortion
61. Abortion restrictions
62. Emergency contraceptives
63. Regulations on birth control and religious refusals
64. Abortion clinic violence
65. Affordable birth control
66. The shackling of pregnant prisoners
(I put it in Front Page News because it does put all of these issues in one list--mods feel free to move it to vanity of you think it is not Front Page News.)
So this is the order of importance for the ACLU for the next president? Sorry I’m not following what your post means. Sorry!
I did not hear it, but my son just said offshore drilling is off the table.
No meaning....only a guide to what Obama might have planned for the country. Things to look out for.
It is much easier to fight specific issues than it is to battle a generic “socialist agenda.”
This country is going to hell in a speed boat.
That does more to explain the $10-or-so rise in per-bbl oil rates than any other factor(s) I can tink of. Remember they started down from $140-or-so in July when he-who-will-soon-be-missed declined to renew the drilling ban that had just expired.
Gotcha, and thanks.
Thanks for the list!
Read’s like the “Communist Manifesto”. Nothing else to say except we need to rename the ACLU to the American Communist Liberties Union.
Re “This country is going to hell in a speed boat.”
Yes. THE TSA banned “handbaskets” as potential weapons.
You can find an explanation for each item here:
*Reads like the Communist Manifesto*
Exactly, and much of this is also the agenda of the
Paul, Baldwin, Barr Third Party crowd who also post on FR
I dont see “pay my mortgage” on the list
Also here is the link to the ACLU blog:
The right columns has links to ‘Close Guantánamo Draft Order’ http://126.96.36.199/pdfs/safefree/gitmo_draft_order.pdf
and Briefs for 120 day stay http://www.aclu.org/safefree/detention/38422lgl20090120.html
and other docs.
Might be good to bookmark as a source of info.
Sucks to be us.....
I can’t make out whether the writer is advocating some of these measures, or saying they should stop....