Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

A 9/11 family member chides the new President for closing Guantanamo terror camp
911FamiliesForAmerica.org ^ | Janaury 25, 2009 | Michael Burke

Posted on 01/25/2009 3:26:05 AM PST by Sergeant Tim

This morning, the New York Daily News published my op-ed on President Barack Obama's decision to close Guantanamo and suspend the Military Commissions:

With his shameful order to close Guantanamo Bay, President Obama has perfectly filled the stereotype of the classic clueless ultra-Liberal -- the one who can generate great passion for the rights of the guilty defendant and none for the innocent victim.

With a single stroke of the pen, Obama has delayed justice for the victims of 9/11, and in essence granted a reprieve for Al Qaeda mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the architect of 9/11.

America does not honor our "rule of law and the rights of man" as he put in his inauguration speech by such an action. Instead, this nation abdicated its duty to justice.

It seems the new President is too far removed from the victims of 9/11. Victims like 11-year-old Bernard Curtis Brown, a passenger on American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon. Everyone onboard was killed, as well as [125] people in the Pentagon. Curtis was on a trip with several of his classmates to California sponsored by National Geographic.

Obama and the Democrats have had a blind spot for 9/11 and have yet to show they have an ounce of understanding what happened that day.

Here is why we were attacked: Muslim extremists hate Americans and want us dead. Our policies in no way influenced the vitriol perpetuated on innocent Americans on September 11, 2001. ...


(Excerpt) Read more at 911familiesforamerica.org ...


TOPICS: Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS: 911; 911families; barackobama; bho44; bhogwot; democrats; emperorbarack; gitmo; guantanamo; husseinrules; militarycommissions; muslimprez; muslims4obama; obama; obamaisaterrorist; obamalies; osamaobama; terrorists4obama; wot
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-133 next last

1 posted on 01/25/2009 3:26:06 AM PST by Sergeant Tim
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Just Lori; TheForceOfOne; SilvieWaldorfMD; Tennessee Nana; ThreePuttinDude; eastsider; del4hope; ..

Ping!


2 posted on 01/25/2009 3:27:43 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: All

Additional Link:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2167923/posts

“Plans to close Gitmo anger 9/11 victims’ families”
AP via WTOP.com News ^ | January 20, 2009 - 3:32am | By BEN FOX,
Posted on January 20, 2009 2:48:21 AM PST by Cindy


3 posted on 01/25/2009 3:28:48 AM PST by Cindy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim
"With a single stroke of the pen, Obama has delayed justice for the victims of 9/11, and in essence granted a reprieve for Al Qaeda mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the architect of 9/11."

F.U.B.O.

I won't ever forget what happened on September 11, 2001.


4 posted on 01/25/2009 3:32:59 AM PST by Prole (Please pray for the families of Chris and Channon. May God always watch over them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Cindy
The word we are hearing is 9/11 family members overwhelmingly object to closing Guantanamo, delaying the Military Commissions for KSM and his fellow Gitmo ghouls, and Obama's plan to bring jihadist terrorists into the United States.
5 posted on 01/25/2009 3:34:20 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

Good article!! Dems will not ever understand 9/11 because it does not serve their purpose. They hate America as well...


6 posted on 01/25/2009 3:34:22 AM PST by montesquieu
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

Well said Tim.
The O man hasn’t a clue and neither does his corrupt staff about anything that is troubling America be it the economy, the war on terrorism, gitmo or abortion.

He has taken no action on our southern boarder with Mexico but will probably vote present on that...


7 posted on 01/25/2009 3:36:23 AM PST by WorkerbeeCitizen (The only time I want a Republican reaching across the aisle is to smack a liberal.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: WorkerbeeCitizen

To clarify, friend and fellow 9/11 family member Mike Burke wrote the op-ed. He contributes on our web site.


8 posted on 01/25/2009 3:38:20 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

I’m not a 9/11 family member and I object too, Sgt. Tim.

I think most decent people are the same as the 9/11 families.


9 posted on 01/25/2009 3:38:23 AM PST by Cindy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

i have to dissagre. it is a step in the right direction to close guantanamo. americas image suffered world wide because of guantanamo. don´t get me wrong i´m not against putting terrorists (if they are) in maximum security prisons or something else. but it is a shame for a country which claims himself free to imprison people for years without a trial or prooven evidence.


10 posted on 01/25/2009 3:40:19 AM PST by austrian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Cindy

Thank you for commenting here.

We should all oject; we are all in al Qaeda’s kill zone.


11 posted on 01/25/2009 3:40:22 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

I agree.

Thank you for writing the OpEd.


12 posted on 01/25/2009 3:41:41 AM PST by Cindy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

s’ok Tim, I saw the authors name - the points were well said.
Oh, and what is your website URL?


13 posted on 01/25/2009 3:44:22 AM PST by WorkerbeeCitizen (The only time I want a Republican reaching across the aisle is to smack a liberal.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: austrian
i have to dissagre. it is a step in the right direction to close guantanamo. americas image ... but it is a shame for a country which claims himself free to imprison people for years without a trial or prooven evidence.
Image? Are you crazy or just suicidal? 9/11, Bali, Riyahd, Kobar, Beirut, Flight 103, and the thousands of other attacks by Islamic jidahists who imagine the day when all non-believers are either dead or underfoot. Victory or defeat will not be decided in a court of law; it will be decided on the world's battlefields, Australia, America, the Middle East, and wherever our common enemy chooses to fight.
14 posted on 01/25/2009 3:50:04 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: austrian

I disagree with you.

First of all, the people housed at gitmo are war criminals which have actively participated in the killing of our soldiers and should be detained at least until the war is over.

As an American citizen, I do not lose sleep over their incarceration and prefer they be shot after we get every grain of information out of them.

You mentioned placing them in a maximum security facility - I assume you mean in mainland US - are you crazy?

At any rate, gitmo IS a maximum security facility.


15 posted on 01/25/2009 3:50:10 AM PST by WorkerbeeCitizen (The only time I want a Republican reaching across the aisle is to smack a liberal.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Prole

Things you will never see on obamas web page.


16 posted on 01/25/2009 3:50:56 AM PST by Vaduz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: WorkerbeeCitizen

www.911familiesforamerica.org


17 posted on 01/25/2009 3:50:58 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: WorkerbeeCitizen

I disagree with you.

First of all, the people housed at gitmo are war criminals which have actively participated in the killing of our soldiers and should be detained at least until the war is over..........


War criminals? says who? and if so why not put them on trial and proove their guilt and THEN hold them in guantanamo for example as long you want or if they are prooven terrorist do what ever you want... would be fine for me. but only because someone says “you” are a terrorist does not nessesary mean that you really are a terrorist.
if so just proove him and every one would be fine. and btw. you are not nessesary a war criminal only because you killed US soldiers. Targeting civilians is a war criminal for example but killing forreign soldiers is called war.


18 posted on 01/25/2009 4:00:43 AM PST by austrian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: austrian

“i have to dissagre. it is a step in the right direction to close guantanamo. americas image suffered world wide because of guantanamo. don´t get me wrong i´m not against putting terrorists (if they are) in maximum security prisons or something else. but it is a shame for a country which claims himself free to imprison people for years without a trial or prooven evidence.”

Your error is in your rationale. These people were captured or injurred in battles. They are terrorist fighters. Those situations do not give one the luxury to build a case or provide maximum evidence. They do not have any rights under the US Constitution and they as terrorists do not have rights under the Geneva Convention.

There proper designation was to be tried in military tribunals, or better yet killed in battle with no mercy.


19 posted on 01/25/2009 4:08:13 AM PST by rbmillerjr (Colin Powell types begged for McCain moderates and then voted Democrat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: austrian

By any definition you wish to use, they are war criminals - they have actively participated in attacking Americans on our soil and/killed our soldiers on the battle field.

Some have killed civilians in their attacks making that a war crime at the very least.

POWs or war criminals they are at the right place.

Give them access tour court system?

They are prisoners of war and are not citizens of the US, they have no rights to our court/legal system and if tried, it should be done by a military tribunal.

At this point I must insist that your opinions are very liberal in nature - and I remind you, this is a conservative forum.


20 posted on 01/25/2009 4:09:05 AM PST by WorkerbeeCitizen (The only time I want a Republican reaching across the aisle is to smack a liberal.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: WorkerbeeCitizen

So when are these anti Obama 9/11 families going to be put on the today show and given fawning coverage by the ?news” media? Oh, I guess that would be never. Unlike the widows who went on TV constantly to trash Bush and say he was responsible for the attack. They were operating like an arm of the Kerry campaign in ‘04 and were treated as long time terror and security experts by the media.


21 posted on 01/25/2009 4:12:32 AM PST by TNCMAXQ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

Image? Are you crazy or just suicidal? 9/11, Bali, Riyahd, Kobar, Beirut, Flight 103, and the thousands of other attacks by Islamic jidahists who imagine the day when all non-believers are either dead or underfoot. Victory or defeat will not be decided in a court of law; it will be decided on the world’s battlefields, Australia, America, the Middle East, and wherever our common enemy chooses to fight.


and giving up “our” own believes or rights like. equal of the law, fair trial for every one.... is the right thing to win against terrorists? again i do not lose a single tear about someone who IS a terrorist whatever someone does to him/her, but i´m against imprisoning people without a trial. again just proove him and every body would be fine, because if not tell me what restricts the government to knock on YOUR door in the future and tell you that you are
a terrorist and let you rot in a prison for years without evidence.


22 posted on 01/25/2009 4:15:23 AM PST by austrian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: austrian

“...terrorists (if they are)...”

Get a life! These terrorists are war criminals! Leftist crap belongs on DU, not here!


23 posted on 01/25/2009 4:19:21 AM PST by GGpaX4DumpedTea
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

Sympathy towards terrorists only bodes well with the extreme far left liberal whackos.


24 posted on 01/25/2009 4:20:38 AM PST by Lady GOP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: austrian

> i have to dissagre. it is a step in the right direction to close guantanamo.

???

> americas image suffered world wide because of guantanamo.

Since when did that matter a Hoot in Hell? Crikey, mate: America is at war, and there needs to be a safe place to keep and interrogate these UNLAWFUL COMBATTANTS. They are not soldiers, they are not entitled to anything under the Geneva Convention except an appointment with the hangman.

> don´t get me wrong i´m not against putting terrorists (if they are) in maximum security prisons or something else.

Gitmo is a very well-appointed Maximum Security facility: much nicer than most State prisons, I believe. Much better than the dung-holes where these human turds deserve to live in.

> but it is a shame for a country which claims himself free to imprison people for years without a trial or prooven evidence.

Nope, not a shame, but a combat necessity. They were caught in a war zone waging war against American soldiers. They were not making carpets or feeding their cat or watering their garden. They would have been in hostile circumstances that left no doubt as to their hostile intentions.

Their lack of evidence is a crying shame: battlefields are no place to be looking for fingerprints and taking DNA samples. In this case, circumstantial evidence will have to do.

In happier days they would have been hanged as spies after a short field trial.

Anyrate, so says this Kiwi: I’m not a Yank but a foreigner, and I am in favor of putting killers and terrorists in Gitmo, where they can jolly well rot.


25 posted on 01/25/2009 4:20:47 AM PST by DieHard the Hunter (Is mise an ceann-cinnidh. Cha ghéill mi do dhuine. Fàg am bealach.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: austrian

You take them, problem solved.


26 posted on 01/25/2009 4:24:16 AM PST by allmost
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: TNCMAXQ
So when are these anti Obama 9/11 families going to be put on the today show and given fawning coverage by the ?news” media?

When it becomes advantageous for them to do so, I would imagine. The left leaning has a hard time admitting to 911 and giving these folks attention would be recognizing 911 - they are in a corner and don't know how to get out without losing face and credibility.

27 posted on 01/25/2009 4:26:14 AM PST by WorkerbeeCitizen (The only time I want a Republican reaching across the aisle is to smack a liberal.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: austrian

> Targeting civilians is a war criminal for example but killing forreign soldiers is called war.

It’s only called war if a number of very narrow circumstances have been met. And they are only permitted to participate in war under a similar very narrow set of defined circumstances.

The people at Guantanamo Bay are illegal combattants: IOW War Criminals. Every time they killed somebody, they committed pre-meditated First Degree murder. They are not excused by “being at war” as a soldier would be.

They are criminals of the worst sort, BY DEFINITION.


28 posted on 01/25/2009 4:27:52 AM PST by DieHard the Hunter (Is mise an ceann-cinnidh. Cha ghéill mi do dhuine. Fàg am bealach.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: austrian

“...proove...”

The spell checker here works - the word is PROVE.

“PROOVE” sounds a bit like waterboarding-maybe we should try it, since your instincts are that it is Okay to PROOVE them...PROOVE them, GROOVE them - make ‘em talk!


29 posted on 01/25/2009 4:28:08 AM PST by GGpaX4DumpedTea
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: Cindy

Like it or not, we are all Americans and as such are members of the 9-11 family. We suffered as those who died or lost loved ones or friends suffered. We felt the horror just as each and every one in the midst of the attack did. We felt the sting of the attack just as if it was Dec 7 1941.

Anyone who thinks otherwise does not know or understand the significance of the act of war, nor the American people who witnessed the attack on their nation by those with at least two identifying characteristics. They were all foreigners who were illegally (not absolutely sure on this point) in the United States of America, and they were Muslim.


30 posted on 01/25/2009 4:30:38 AM PST by wita
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

The ral mistake with Guantonomo was in not disposing of these people quickly.

Drain them of any information they might reveal and dispoe of them like the spies and fifth columnists they are.

These are not Prisoners of war they are war criminals.


31 posted on 01/25/2009 4:35:55 AM PST by Venturer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: austrian

Yep, maybe your right they should be put out of OUR misery and shoot while the doors are closing. Wake up these are the enemy and to handle them other than that is wrong in its self. But maybe you will be there next static when they find themselves back on the street again.
Sorry strong feelings and lib’s I know can understand feelings better than logic so you might be able to relate to that better.


32 posted on 01/25/2009 4:41:44 AM PST by jafojeffsurf (A terrorist is an anaminal and should be treated so)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: austrian
I'm sorry I have ZERO patients right now for this idiotic thinking! These scumbags were captured on the battlefield! Does a diagram have to be drawn to show you what that means? Would it help if it was drawn with crayons?

I want YOU to open up YOUR home to hold these murders!

33 posted on 01/25/2009 4:44:33 AM PST by sirchtruth (Gravity Of The Situation...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

I was just watching Fox & Friends and they had a story about Murtha saying he wouldn’t mind putting them in his district. Murtha said “what’s the difference if they are in Gitmo or here? We’re still holding them”, Then F&F interviewed people in his district, most of whom said they didn’t want them but there were a few who said they wouldn’t care? Are they crazy? Don’t they know they’d be a target for a cell or a jail break or a mumbai hostage situation? These people are nuts.


34 posted on 01/25/2009 4:46:30 AM PST by jersey117
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: WorkerbeeCitizen

By any definition you wish to use, they are war criminals - they have actively participated in attacking Americans on our soil and/killed our soldiers on the battle field....


again i have to disagree.you say “they” have actively participated americans on your soil.for example if someone blows up a humwe in iraq how in this world has he atacked americans on your soil? and killing soldiers on the battlefield is not a war crime. it would be a war crime if you put a bomb on a crowded market place and wait untill the first US soldier arrives and then blow up hundrets of civillian to get this soldier. but for example blow up a humwe or shoot a sodier is not a war crime it´s just fighting. so not every one who killed US troops in iraq is a war criminal. some are but some are “just” fighting
against your forces. there is a difference. and yes POWs are imprisoned untill the war is over (they have to be released after the war is over except as you said you can proove him that he commited a war crime) this is international law (US allso signed this). the only difficult thing in iraq for example is there is no regular army left who fights against your troops. there for the “law” is washy. but don´t forget some one you may call a terrorist because he killed one of your soldiers may be some one else “freedom” fighter because he fights the occuping forces. of corse as said before if he kills civilians to reach his goal he is a terrorist no matter if his goal is to get US troops out or something else....
but not every one does. and to make it clear i´m not one of the people who cheers if one of your soldiers is getting killed i only watch it from 2 directions.


35 posted on 01/25/2009 4:47:15 AM PST by austrian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: wita; Cindy

I think nearly all here (see the ‘austrian’) understand your point. America was attacked on 9/11.

One of 9/11 family member Mike Burke’s points in his op-ed is the ultra-liberals have maliciously twisted the debate into: unlawful combatants were the victims of 9/11. Obama’s E.O. made no mention of the 2,975 they murdered.


36 posted on 01/25/2009 4:47:33 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: jersey117

They are nuts.


37 posted on 01/25/2009 4:48:17 AM PST by Sergeant Tim (In the War on Terror, there is no place to run from here.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

To: WorkerbeeCitizen

There is no problem in the Constitution. Thee problem is with the pandering morons who interpret (twist?) it to serve their naive agenda.


38 posted on 01/25/2009 4:49:21 AM PST by Peelod (Was the 'Preserve, Protect, and Defend' omitted?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: austrian
Let me try.

i have to dissagre. it is a step in the right direction to close guantanamo. americas image suffered world wide because of guantanamo. don´t get me wrong i´m not against putting terrorists (if they are) in maximum security prisons or something else. but it is a shame for a country which claims himself free to imprison people for years without a trial or prooven evidence.

Austrian, your spelling is atrocious, and you are probably a moonbat DUmmie as well as a would-be dhimmi.
Terrorists should be killed, with the rare exceptions that should be mined for information. There is no call to offer them sumptuous accommodations on the taxpayer dime, never mind our sumptuous civil rights. They do not believe in rights and were captured fighting for the end of your rights. They do not deserve liberty after fighting for an end to it. They fought to impose a system under which you would have no freedom; if you were a woman you'd have not even the right to leave the house; if you were Jewish you'd have no right to live; if you were accused you'd rot with NO trial, or hanged with no appeal, or mutilated with no mercy. That is what they were caught fighting for.
Our image? Our image suffers when we coddle such monsters. Proof? We did not find these wretches in a cabbage patch, we found them actively working toward our destruction.
The rule should be, keep them locked up until they no longer serve any purpose (such as intelligence); then take them out and hang them.

39 posted on 01/25/2009 4:51:22 AM PST by 668 - Neighbor of the Beast
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: austrian
but don´t forget some one you may call a terrorist because he killed one of your soldiers may be some one else “freedom” fighter because he fights the occuping forces. of corse as said before if he kills civilians to reach his goal he is a terrorist no matter if his goal is to get US troops out or something else....

OK, - this rationalism is a sure sign of a liberal - I am done with you. Any Viking Kitties around?

40 posted on 01/25/2009 4:54:32 AM PST by WorkerbeeCitizen (The only time I want a Republican reaching across the aisle is to smack a liberal.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: austrian

They didn’t rob the corner Quickie-Mart or mug a few old ladies in a dark alley. They were enemy combatants out of uniform waging war on US soldiers. The folly in all this is the refusal to face the fact that we are at war with committed Islamofascists intent on destroying the US and western civilization. We can’t simply say, oh, well, try them in civil court, allow these enemies all the benefits of US citizens, etc., (which they aren’t legally entitled to). It’s insane, but no more than the rest of the Liberal agenda. Meanwhile, Europe is tiptoeing away from the idea that they’d take Guantanamo’s prisoners. They probably figure their own Muslim population would clamor for their immediate release, and rapes, murders, and mutilations would go through the roof.


41 posted on 01/25/2009 4:55:34 AM PST by hershey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: austrian
"...americas image suffered world wide because of guantanamo..."

Let's get real here, I really don't care what the world thinks of us, they're just a bunch of 2 bit dictators or pansy socialists and are jealous of us.

Remember the statement," Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"; the rest of the world won't do any of them. So when they open their collective mouths, over here, in my house, it falls on deaf ears.

Hey austrian, nothing personal, it just struck a cord and I haven't had all my coffee yet.

42 posted on 01/25/2009 4:56:23 AM PST by fedupjohn (If we try to fight the war on terror with eyes shut + ears packed with wax, innocent people will die)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim
I never understood why our image abroad mattered either. As long as we are feared, we have nothing to worry about. Of course, now we are no longer feared.

I really was hoping Bush would have ordered the executions of all the Club Gitmo detainees prior to leaving office. Ugh.

43 posted on 01/25/2009 5:04:19 AM PST by pnh102 (Save America - Ban Ethanol Now!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: All; Prole; Lexington Green; mdcrandall; txradioguy

.

NEVER FORGET

.

The Man Who Predicted 9/11 =

9/11 Lifesaver RICK RESCORLA =

The Hero BUSH Forgot

http://www.Freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2167840/posts

.

NEVER FORGET

.


44 posted on 01/25/2009 5:11:13 AM PST by ALOHA RONNIE ("ALOHA RONNIE" Guyer/Veteran-"WE WERE SOLDIERS" Battle of IA DRANG-1965 http://www.lzxray.com11)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: austrian
WOW, after reading your thoughts, and the reply’s you received
I don't think you will be viewed as a friendly poster on this site
after this morning. Your view of the Gitmo situation tells me your
ID austrian, might just let the cat out of the bag. If you have these
liberal European ideas, just take a look at what the Islamists are
doing to your continent.

I'm not trying to be a “Bully”, (isn't that what you guys call strong people)
but your thoughts and ideas are suicidal to say the least.

Yikes, you and your kind scare the beejezzas out of me.

45 posted on 01/25/2009 5:21:43 AM PST by ThreePuttinDude (o)(o)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: fedupjohn

Let’s get real here, I really don’t care what the world thinks of us, they’re just a bunch of 2 bit dictators or pansy socialists and are jealous of us.


Well you definately should care. why? just simple because you need it in your own interests. because should “the world” especially europe not care about america or should they think you are evil (i´m not saying this). then why
help you? why sending soldiers to afganistan? why share intelligence data with you, why warn you if we got evidence that someone plans a terror attack on you.....?
just think about it. and btw no most people are not jealous of the US.i Have been there, liked it, may come back sometimes but do i want to live there? No. don´t get me wrong if i would be forced to chose a country where i would have to live. the US would be in my list but it would not make it into the top 5 for example. so jealous no. Cool country but far not the only one. so stop thinking every body would love to live there and is just jealous because he doesn´t.
greetings


46 posted on 01/25/2009 5:28:45 AM PST by austrian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: austrian
You are nuts

They are POWs . Tails or no trials. Our choice.

And I and many honorable Americans don't give a crap what the Muslim terrorist sympathizing world thinks!

47 posted on 01/25/2009 5:31:40 AM PST by sausageseller (http://coolblue.typepad.com/the_cool_blue_blog/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: ThreePuttinDude

WOW, after reading your thoughts, and the reply’s you received
I don’t think you will be viewed as a friendly poster on this site
after this morning. Your view of the Gitmo situation tells me your
ID austrian, might just let the cat out of the bag. If you have these
liberal European ideas, just take a look at what the Islamists are
doing to your continent.
I’m not trying to be a “Bully”, (isn’t that what you guys call strong people)
but your thoughts and ideas are suicidal to say the least.

Yikes, you and your kind scare the beejezzas out of me.


Well i´m here to discuss different topics not to nessesary make friends (this does not mean that i have something against making friens or that i would dislike americans in general). i just try to bring in a different view. some like it (most here don´t). no problem. but let me ask you one question .what is so scary about my posts about guantanamo? only because i think that every one should have
a trial where they can prove him that he is indeed a terrorist before they lock him up and throw away the key? for example i never said that all prisoners should be released or something else....
and yes you are correct it´s frightening what “our” governments in europe have done to us by letting in so many muslims.btw. i´m against muslim imigration but i do not see what this has to do with my oppinion about guantanamo.
greetings


48 posted on 01/25/2009 5:49:41 AM PST by austrian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: Sergeant Tim

Why would the president of a country release prisoners that any reasonable person would suspect of plotting to do great harm to that country’s citizens, interests, and property?


49 posted on 01/25/2009 5:51:24 AM PST by the invisib1e hand (revolution is in the air.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: austrian
American "image" has suffered? How f9cking dare you even presume to lecture Americans about you implanted opinions of our "image."

I think you should grasp in very short order that people who put "image" over responsible citizenship are not Americans at all, they're just pretenders. I think you can relate to pretenders.

Kindly piss off.

50 posted on 01/25/2009 5:54:12 AM PST by the invisib1e hand (revolution is in the air.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-133 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson