Skip to comments.Vanity: Your Three Most Important Issues
Posted on 02/28/2009 9:46:03 AM PST by dmartin
I am working on a project to enable people to get more involved in the political process with the hope that we can start making a difference. To that end I would like to get opinions on what are the top three issues of importance to each of you.
Please give me your top three issues. Mine are:
3. Government Accountability*
* This includes everything from the role of the federal government to having Holder and Rangel dragged off to the cells they should be in.
Thanks in advance.
1. freedom of speech
2. free market economy
1. USA becoming a socialist country
2. Impending 9/11-sized attack on US soil
Illegal immigration used to be #1 on the list but that changed on 1/20 and again when Porkulus passed.
1 pro-life (anti-abortion and anti-euthanasia)
2 anti-Americanism, pc, revisionism/anti-history
3 taxes, because without our tax money the tyrants couldn’t do anything
Elimination of K-12 schools and complete reform of colleges and universities.
Return to constitutionally directed government
Protection of free markets and property rights.
endangering their child
and enlisting their child in a system that is directed at the destruction of the United States.
1. Freedom of Religion, which encompasses basically all the Bill of Rights (speech, assembly) extending to the right to teach our own children, opt out of aborting kids if we are doctors, etc.
2. Justice, i.e. protection of the innocent: pro-life, anti-euthanasia, just courts, just laws, and the rule of law.
3. Strong defense to maintain #1 and #2.
#3 is the biggest issue. If the government can be made fully accountable, the others will be addressed correctly.
I agree. Taxes, abortion, guns rights, education, immigration all get addressed when you have a government that is responsive and accountable to the people.
1. Terrorism - No freedom if crazy guys are flying planes into buildings
2. Smaller Government - Lower taxes & less spending - Getting government out of education, medicine, finance - they have done enough damage for the last 40 years. Get it back to its Constitutional mandates only.
3. “Global warming” - Killing the hoax once and for all so we can drill here and drill now, build refineries and expand nuclear power. I’m tired of funding countries that support terrorism or otherwise hate us.
1. First Amendment rights
2. Second Amendment rights
3. Abortion & Euthanasia (I’m against them.)
1. Illegal Aliens
2. Socialist Economy
3. Erosion of the Constitution
2. Smaller/Less government
3. Pretty much covered in the first two
The rest flows from adherence to the Constitution.
Nannystateism that erodes especially our first and second amendment rights
Right to life issues
Governmental economic foolishness
I agree. Government ought to focus exclusively on its limited role: prevent force and fraud. Otherwise leave people alone to pursue happiness as they see fit (whether we agree with their choices or not)
God, Constitution (which takes in free speech, right to bear arms, immigration to name a few), and lastly education, but not in terms of fixing education, but in fixing the kids that go to school to be educated, and of course allowing people to homeschool freely.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.