Skip to comments.A Closer Look at Obama's Budget (this gets worse by the second)
Posted on 03/02/2009 7:28:17 PM PST by Behind Liberal Lines
As we dig into the President's budget, more emerges:
1) Remember the President stating his budget "identified $2 trillion in savings over the next decade?" It actually increases spending by $1 trillion. But he classifies as "savings" $1.4 trillion in tax increases (apparently savings for the government, not for you) and $1.5 trillion "saved" in Iraq relative to a fantasy baseline that otherwise assumes current spending levels forever. The Iraq gimmick is the equivalent of a family deciding to "save" $10,000 by first assuming an expensive vacation and then not taking it.
2) Real federal spending per household $24,000 before the recession would reach $33,000 per household by 2019. Between 2008 and 2013, the $5.7 trillion in new debt will come to $48,000 per household.
3) It is easy to "cut the deficit in half" after you've quadrupled it. Furthermore, three upcoming developments the end of the recession, troop pullout in Iraq, and phase-out of the supposedly-temporary "stimulus" spending would, by themselves, cut the 2013 budget deficit in half. President Bush was slammed for averaging $300 billion budget deficits while funding a war. President Obama will be praised for running $500 billion deficits in 2013 at a time of (assumed) peace and prosperity.
4) The President's budget proposes a new PAYGO law and then violates it by $3.4 trillion.
5) The tax increases are staggering. The President would raise taxes by $1 trillion on the top 2.5 million tax filers. That comes to $400,000 per tax filer over ten years. And despite these harsh tax hikes (and a $646 billion cap-and-trade tax hike), the President's rosy budget assumes a much faster economic recovery than CBO or the Blue Chip Consensus.
...Congress has no idea of the cost OR value of anything... how could we think this guy could learn something sane in that insane system?
We are so screwed
Gads, this is the Administration of Toads.
“May you live in interesting times”
I used to be ticked. Now I am REALLY ANGRY.
Isn't that the curse?
Amazing << Hear this. Feel this, and tell me that this isn't music.
Hey Barack HUSSEIN Obama, I went to Harvard too! That was the worst fieldtrip of my life, but I went there...
Oh, I don' tknow about that - here is a break down of contributions, just the 2008 cycle - Top 3 recipients by industry.
1 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 1,302,736
2 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 741,050
3 Dodd, Chris (D-CT) Senate $ 693,250
1 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 3,149,640
2 McCain, John (R) Senate $ 2,260,396
3 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 1,514,663
1 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 1,739,369
2 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 1,225,658
3 McCain, John (R) Senate $ 1,184,628
1 McCain, John (R) Senate $ 2,363,071
2 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 2,189,120
3 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 1,195,995
1 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $42,550,906
2 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $16,221,993
3 McCain, John (R) Senate $10,025,899
1 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 1,255,586
2 McCain, John (R) Senate $ 1,151,283
3 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 555,841
1 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 1,985,482
2 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 666,594
3 McCain, John (R) Senate $ 629,884
1 Obama, Barack (D) Senate $ 8,521,659
2 Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $ 3,472,923
3 McCain, John (R) Senate $ 1,103,700
Seems they have a real good idea of the value of cost to me.
Check out my new Tag...
We’re all screwed. I was down at the town clerk’s office today getting a form I needed to fill out, and she told me that there have been several foreclosures recently. Very sad. This isn’t something we’ve had in this area since the depression, with very few exceptions.
... unwittingly you make my point.
How much can be paid for justice?
How much can a soul be bought for?
The answer is: Jesus.
Think about it, a God that puts on human flesh and dies because he is so holy and just that the mere stench of our sins is utterly intolerable... it really was a “us or Him, one’s got to go” situation... so, he put on human flesh and died... and then He adds the further preposterous invitation to follow Him! Not as slaves, which we verywell could be, but as priests and kings, nobles and rulers!
It’s high time we started acting like it and acting justly and desiring righteousness.
Love your tag line!
The worse the mess they make, the more thoroughly and emphatically will they be discredited, their policies rejected, and their political philosophy vilified.
When your enemy is determined to destroy himself, let him. Obama will and should leave office as the most despised President in US history. He will have earned it.
Remember how they ridiculed “supply side economics”? Well, they get to defend “Robin Hood ecoonomics”.
leading spending us to ruin. (he's no leader)
Are you looking for a job?
Note: This thread is updated on a regular basis.
Cap Treasury emissions now.
Since when have the rich paid taxes? When a tax lawyer becomes cheaper than the taxes, then you don't pay taxes, you pay lawyers. It is no wonder that Lawyers are the ones who paid more money than all the rest of the people put together... To Obama. Just ask how much Obama paid last year. How many people will it support in the lifestyle they are used to now?
As Obama and his cronies break the economic back of the Nation, less and less money becomes "rich". You can not rob from Peter to pay Paul when Paul has more entitlements than Peter has money. This goes double true when there are 98.5% Pauls and only 1% Peters.
This is all smoke and mirrors, a red herring as Obama robs the Bank.