Skip to comments.The Islamists' Nemesis
Posted on 04/05/2009 9:27:48 AM PDT by Ernest_at_the_Beach
Can a film save a country? Geert Wilders is betting that it can.
The courageous politician, a member of the Dutch Freedom Party, is currently locked in a battle against the jihadists who would overwhelm and Islamize his homeland. But as he stands in combat against the enemies of Holland's liberal, democratic society, a fifteen-minute film that no one has yet seen is one of his few weapons.
Scheduled for release before the end of March, the film is still a mystery. But one thing is certain: it will be explosive. Of the film, titled Fitna(Chaos), Wilders has said that it would portray the intolerant and fascistic character of the Koran. In an article in a Dutch newspaper, he explained that the fifteen-minute-long production would have a split screen that would show such things as a decapitation and a stoning on one side, while verses and sura from the Koran are read on the other. Wilders also wants the Koran banned, like Hitler's Mein Kampf, from his country. It is, he believes, a book of violence.
Not unexpectedly, Wilders's film has Europe's timid governments, especially that of the Netherlands, wringing their hands with worry and veering toward outright panic. NATO is concerned about attacks against its troops in Afghanistan, especially against Dutch troops serving there, and the Netherlands itself fears a terrorist attack at home or against its interests and nationals overseas. Home to some one million Muslims, the Netherlands has been put on its second-highest security alert level in anticipation of the film.
Even prior to its release, Wilders's film has proved poignant. The biggest effect Wilders' film project has had so far is that it has shown how deeply the Netherlands, and the rest of Europe, has already sunk into cowardice. For instance, the Dutch government, afraid of a violent Muslim backlash rivaling or surpassing what Denmark experienced after the Mohammed cartoons were published in 2006, has twice asked Wilders not to show the film. To be sure, their fears are not unfounded: Some Muslim countries have threatened an economic boycott should Wilderss film be released.
Dutch politicians also fear a repeat of the civil violence that took place in Holland itself after film director Theo van Gogh was murdered by a Muslim fanatic in 2004 for his short film showing the oppression of women in Islam. Van Gogh's gruesome death, some believe, was tantamount to a declaration of jihad against Dutch, and European, society. In the hopes of placating Islamic wrath, Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende has chosen capitulation. According to a story in the German publication Der Spiegel, he has met with Iran's foreign minister, who advised him to use an article from the 1948 Declaration of Human Rights to prevent the film's showing.
As the story correctly pointed out, Balkenende saw nothing base about accepting human- rights advice from a country where women are stoned and homosexuals are hanged. For Holland's political leader, respect for human rights appears to end at the Dutch borders.
Even worse, Balkenende saw nothing wrong with allowing a foreign country to interfere in the Netherlands's internal affairs. Balkenende's foreign minister has also met with 35 representatives from Muslim countries, including ambassadors, about the film.
Another major Middle Eastern human rights abuser, Syria, also got into the act when its Grand Mufti appeared before the European Parliament in Strasbourg, saying Wilders would be responsible if there were any "disturbances, spilling of blood and acts of violence" after the film's debut. Incredibly, no delegate of this legislative body that is supposed to represent enlightened, human rights-oriented Europe stood up and forcefully contradicted him.
Besides showing what a craven wreck the European political class has become, Wilders is attempting to stand up to the Mufti and the Islamist movement slowly sweeping Europe. While Muslim radicals have been using the West's tolerance to promote their intolerance, the Dutch stalwart has adopted the strategy of using the same rights and freedoms the West offers to show how great this Muslim intolerance really is and what a severe danger it poses to Western civilization's existence.
Most important, Wilders also intends to reveal though his film the most disturbing, and perhaps dangerous, part of this intolerance -- namely, the high capacity for violence present in the Muslim world, which is now being transplanted within the West's own borders. In turn, this belated revelation would hopefully cause European countries to rethink further, large-scale immigration from a part of the world that is so inimical to its values and crack down on the existing danger within.
Some in Europe have accused the Dutch politician of being a provocateur, of deliberately provoking the Muslim umma to violence. But this characterization distorts what is in fact a serious purpose. What Wilders wants to reveal, above all, is that the violence is already an innate part of the umma. Besides Muslim intolerance, the Dutchman is also standing up to the moral feebleness of some of his own countrymen, whom he has called "cowards." Every television network in Holland has refused to run his film, leaving only the Internet, where Fitna will probably be posted on YouTube.
Moreover, in response to Prime Minister Balkenende's fainthearted warning that, in case of a terrorist attack, he would be held partially responsible, Wilders defiantly replied: "The Cabinet may go down on its knees before Islam and capitulate, but I will never do that. The film will be released." The Freedom party leader has also called Balkenende "a timid man who has chosen the side of the Taliban."
In an unprecedented speech to the Dutch parliament this month, Wilders again pointed to the danger a creeping Islamification poses to Holland and Europe, warning it was "a few minutes to midnight." He also chided the ruling party for betraying the Dutch culture and people, calling one minister "stark raving mad" in the speech for having said that sharia law could be introduced into Holland.
Wilders has paid a heavy price for his position. He has had his own freedom restricted. Death threats from Muslim extremists have caused him to be put under 24-hour police protection for the past two years. Wilders thus joins the growing list of people in Europe requiring protection from Islamic radicals. At one time, it was only Salman Rushdie who was forced to live in hiding; now, as one observer pointed out, such people are so numerous they nearly constitute a new, social class.
Most citizens of the Netherlands have forgotten, but the Dutch were once made of sterner stuff. In 1816, Europe was not yet afraid to show enemies her pride and strength. Under British Admiral Edward Pellew and Dutch Admiral Theodorus van Capellen, a combined Anglo-Dutch fleet had arrived at the main base of the Barbary Coast pirates in North Africa at the behest of Europe to put an end to three centuries of brutal, Muslim slave raiding against its shores and shipping. Over that time, an estimated million Europeans, and some Americans, had become the desolate and dishonored victims of Islamic slavery.
After an hours-long battle before Algiers, van Capellen's squadron helped defeat the Muslim defenses and rescue three thousand Christian slaves. Two thousand of the defenders' bodies were counted strewn across the harbor along with the wreckage of their pirate ships. Dutch losses totaled thirteen dead and the English about one hundred.
Europe is now light years away from such a resolute response to the threat of radical Islam. And that makes Wilders film -- a lone note of dissent in a continent resigned to cultural submission -- all the more important.
Stephen Brown is a columnist for Frontpagemag.com. A scholar and former news reporter, his field of expertise is Muslim forced marriages and honor killings. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*****************************EXCERPT from the thread....post #101 by nmh******************************
It'll work. In fact you can see aspects of it at work right now:
1. Terminate America's freedom of speech by replacing it with hate crime bills state-wide and nation-wide.
2. Wage a war of words using black leaders like Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Jesse Jackson and other visible religious personalities to promote Islam as the original African-American's religion while Christianity is for the whites! Strange enough, no one tells the African-Americans that it was the Arab Muslims who captured them and sold them as slaves, neither the fact that in Arabic the word for black and slave is the same, "Abed."
3. Engage the American public in dialogues, discussions, debates in colleges, universities, public libraries, radio, TV, churches and mosques on the virtues of Islam. Proclaim how it is historically another religion like Judaism and Christianity with the same monotheistic faith.
4. Nominate Muslim sympathizers to political office for favorable legislation to Islam and support potential sympathizers by block voting.
5. Take control of as much of Hollywood, the press, TV, radio and the internet by buying the corporations or a controlling stock.
6. Yield to the fear of imminent shut-off of the lifeblood of America - the black gold. America's economy depends on oil, (1000 products are derived from oil), so does its personal and industrial transportation and manufacturing -41% comes from the Middle East.
7. Yell, "foul, out-of-context, personal interpretation, hate crime, Zionist, un- American, inaccurate interpretation of the Quran" anytime Islam is criticized or the Quran is analyzed in the public arena.
8. Encourage Muslims to penetrate the White House, specifically with Islamists who can articulate a marvelous and peaceful picture of Islam. Acquire government positions, get membership in local school boards. Train Muslims as medical doctors to dominate the medical field, research and pharmaceutical companies. Take over the computer industry. Establish Middle Eastern restaurants throughout the U.S. to connect planners of Islamization in a discreet way. Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America?
9. Accelerate Islamic demographic growth via:
a. Massive immigration (100,000 annually since 1961)
b. No birth control whatsoever - every baby of Muslim parents is automatically a Muslim and cannot choose another religion later.
c. Muslim men must marry American women and Islamize them (10,000 annually). Then divorce them and remarry every five years - since one cannot have the Muslim legal permission to marry four at one time. This is a legal solution in America.
d. Convert angry, alienated black inmates and turn them into militants (so far 2000 released inmates have joined Al Qaida world-wide). Only a few have been captured in Afghanistan and on American soil. So far - sleeping cells!
10. Reading, writing, arithmetic and research through the American educational system, mosques and student centers (now 1500) should be sprinkled with dislike of Jews, evangelical Christians and democracy. There are 300 exclusively Muslim schools with loyalty to the Quran, not the U.S. Constitution.
11. Provide very sizeable monetary Muslim grants to colleges and universities in America to establish "Centers for Islamic studies" with Muslim directors to promote Islam in higher education institutions.
12. Let the entire world know through propaganda, speeches, seminars, local and national media that terrorists have hijacked Islam, not the truth, which is Islam hijacked the terrorists. Furthermore in January of 2002, Saudi Arabia's Embassy in Washington mailed 4500 packets of the Quran, videos, promoting Islam to America's high schools--free. They would never allow us to reciprocate.
13. Appeal to the historically compassionate and sensitive Americans for sympathy and tolerance towards the Muslims in America who are portrayed as mainly immigrants from oppressed countries.
14. Nullify America's sense of security by manipulating the intelligence community with misinformation. Periodically terrorize Americans of impending attacks on bridges, tunnels, water supplies, airports, apartment buildings and malls. (We have experienced this too often since 9-11.)
15. Form riots and demonstrations in the prison system demanding Islamic Sharia as the way of life, not American's justice system.
16. Open numerous charities throughout the U.S. but use the funds to support Islamic terrorism with American dollars.
17. Raise interest in Islam on America's campuses by insisting that freshman take at least one course on Islam. Be sure that the writer is a bonafide American, Christian, scholarly and able to cover up the violence in the Quran and express the peaceful, spiritual and religious aspect only.
18. Unify the numerous Muslim lobbies in Washington, mosques, Islamic student centers, educational organizations, magazines and papers by internet and an annual convention to coordinate plans, propagate the faith and engender news in the media of their visibility.
19. Send intimidating messages and messengers to the outspoken individuals who are critical of Islam and seek to eliminate them by hook or crook.
20. Applaud Muslims as loyal citizens of the US by spotlighting their voting record as the highest percentage of all minority and ethic groups in America.
Confusing. I thought Fitna was released last year—or earlier—and we all saw it online. Hmmmmmmmm.
Wikipedia says: “Fitna is a 2008 short film by Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders. Approximately 17 minutes in length, the film shows selected excerpts from Suras of the Qur’an, interspersed with media clips and newspaper clippings showing or describing acts of violence and/or hatred by Muslims. “
I’m not sure why this article has said that no one has yet seen the film. Anyone who is interested has surely seen it.
True, it hasn’t opened on the big screen yet. And who knows if it will, given the kind of cowardice we are seeing in Europe and America? But it’s perfectly viewable on-line.
Anyone who hasn’t seen it certainly SHOULD. I know I’ve seen it multiple times. It is very effect, very powerful, very beautiful in its chilling way, and it condemns Islam out of its own mouth.
It keeps moving around, and it may well disappear entirely, but I just found a copy here:
The world very "timid"... I prefer to tell it like it is... The world, as usual and it appears the "NEW" America are more than "timid" ... they are " obviously COWARDS" willing to fore-go LIBERTY for an existence of a flock of sheep.
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistani Taliban militant leader Baituallah Mehsud claimed on Saturday responsibility for an attack on a U.S. immigration center in New York state in which 13 people were killed.
"I accept responsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to U.S. drone attacks," Mehsud told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.
And a Rebuttal thread:
Newsbusters ^ | April 4, 2009 - 08:48 | Warner Todd Huston
Posted on Sat 04 Apr 2009 12:03:06 PM PST by chuck_the_tv_out
Reuters published a story today, April 4, detailing some nonsense from a Taliban terrorist who has claimed "responsibility" for Friday's shooting rampage in Binghamtom, New York. The question that comes to mind is why? Why did Reuters imagine this idiotic claim, this obvious lie, was worth reporting to the world? Does Reuters not have the good sense God gave a door knob? Why would Reuters pass this Taliban propaganda off as news?
From Peshawar, Pakistan, Reuters reports that this Taliban leader wannabe has said that the murderous rampage perpetrated by an unhinged Vietnamese immigrant was done by his "men." This half-wit terrorist claims that he ordered the "men" to attack the U.S. because of the use of Predator drones that have been so successful in cutting out so many of those nits in their Pakistani strongholds.
But we all know this "acceptance of responsibility" is an outright lie. We may not know why Jiverly Voong went off the deep end, but we know he had zilch to do with Pakistan. So, why did Reuters think it a story worthy of reporting? There can only be one reason.
You see by telling us the lie of Baitubooolah Meshaweazel Muhammad something-or-another who is claiming he was responsible for the rampage Reuters can also promulgate anger toward our Predator drone program that has been so successful in killing these Taliban and al Qaeda scum-bags.
Reuters knows full well the story is bunk. But if it helps turn more people against the U.S. efforts to stop Islamofascist terror, well, that is a tale worth telling.
So, the upshot here is that Reuters posted a story that it knew was a lie and a story that had no value as news at all. The only purpose it served was as anti-American propaganda.
I picked up a DVD copy yesterday and gave a donation....at his appearance at Chapman University in Orange county California.
The Washington Post ^ | February 26, 2009 | Eboo Patel
Posted on Sat 28 Feb 2009 05:17:52 AM PST by Ombramaifu
Geert Wilders on Capitol Hill There is a foreign element threatening America. He believes the Qur'an promotes violence. He creates videos of Muslims committing terrorist acts and hopes mainstream media plays them. He is committed to the clash of civilizations -- Islam vs. the West. Britain, our primary ally, denied him entry, claiming he was a threat to public order. Now he wants to come here. This foreign element does not speak Arabic. He does not pray five times a day. He does not have a beard. He is not even a Muslim. He is Geert Wilders, a Member of Parliament from a right-wing party in the Netherlands. Why he's so interested in amplifying Osama bin Laden's message that Islam promotes violence and division I don't know. And why he's being invited to screen his offensive film Fitna in the ornate LBJ room in the U.S. Capitol confuses me too. My friend Keith Ellison, an African-American Congressman from Minnesota and a Muslim, compared it to screening the horribly racist film The Birth of the Nation in the White House.
Posted by Ombramaifu
...to go looking for articles on him...
He truly is a great man!
Is this really true? If so, it's highly hypocritical of him. The Koran doesn't need to be banned in Holland, immigration does.
He has some strong logic for his statements!
“Im not sure why this article has said that no one has yet seen the film. Anyone who is interested has surely seen it.”
Because the article is from last year.
No book should be banned.
You either believe in free speech or you don’t.
Free speech counters free speech.
To my question:
"Do you believe that Baha'ism should replace the national religion in
Iran, and is your organization attempting to replace the mullah's
theocracy with a Baha'i theocracy?"
"Bahais Believe that, Islam has run its course; its teachings were
never meant for the 20 and 21st centuries; and as Bahaullah
"O people of the Koran," Bahá'u'lláh, addressing the combined forces
of Sunni and Shi'ih Islám, significantly affirms, "Verily the Prophet
Of God, Muhammad, sheddeth tears at the sight of your cruelty. Ye have
assuredly followed your evil and corrupt desires, and turned away your
face from the light of guidance. Erelong will ye witness the result of
your deeds: for the Lord. My God, lieth in wait and is watchful of
your behaviour ... O concourse of Muslim divines! By your deeds the
exalted station of the people hath been abased, the standard of Islam
hath been reversed, and mighty throne hath fallen."
Since Bahaullah foresaw the day when the actions of the shia mullah
has abased the people of Iran leading to the fall and the standard
of Islam in the eyes of the people, to the extent that these days
the average conversation about religion and Islam amongst the young
and the educated leads to these days to outright disgust and
rejection. Iranians are sick of lies and the religious hypocricy they
daily witness in the name of Islam.
I sincerely believe that the people of the world are spiritually
straved, longing and reaching for meaning in their lives. That each
perso has to take and experience that search and journey.
As For Iran, I do believe that One day The Bahai Faith will be
recognised in Iran; when Iranians will be free to choose and practice
their faith freely. Whether The people of Iran will choose to accept
Bahaullah and his teachings as The Answer will depend on an
absolutely free and unfettered personal search and investigation.
I also believe the inevitible Mullahs/Azali/Bayani Nightmare will
come to pass, as the people of Iran will soon give recognition to the
Bahais for their longstanding and steadfast stand on Principle and
Belief against the brutal persecution of the backward and corrupt Shia
establishment, along with the machinations of Azali/Bayanis during the
life of Bahaullah and Abdul-Baha."
This a clear, albeit equivocal, statement in the affirmative by a
Haifan Baha'i that indeed their aim is completely political - with any
humanitarian aspect of their current propaganda in the West about
purported human rights violations being completely tangential to their
ultimate aim of wishing and working towards taking raw power - and so
that any participation by them in an opposition capacity to the
Islamic republic is designed purely and specifically for the ultimate
aim of replacing the mullah's theocracy with their own Stalinist brand
of religious theocracy.
This is what all the signatorees of the various letter campaigns
posted here are ultimately supporting, probably unbeknownst to even
themselves: the replacement of the mullahs theocratic dictatorship
with a stalinist totalitarian Baha'i Theocratic nightmare-state in
You heard it here first, folks!
See article, the Baha'i Faith.
The principles and goals to which the Haifan Bahai Faith claims to adhere include 
"* The Oneness of Mankind
The more light that shines upon the Islamists, the less likely they are to creep up upon people.
The pot continues to brew. This guy is certainly brave to step forward and make the truth be known.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.