Skip to comments.The "Country" of TEXAS...(Check it Out)
Posted on 04/15/2009 4:54:36 PM PDT by Dallas
THE COUNTRY of TEXAS
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don't know. Why not ask Obama?
5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we lead the nation in producing compute chips and communications equipment -small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care - We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. The Houston Medical Center alone employees over 65,000 people.
8. We have enough colleges to keep us getting smarter: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Texas Christian, Rice, SMU, University of Dallas , University of Houston , Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force, and it isn't restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas, it's a Right to Work State and, therefore, it's every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don't like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
13. Three of the ten largest cities in the United States , and twenty-three of the 100 largest cities in the United States , are located in Texas . And Texas also has more land than California , New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maryland , Rhode Island and Vermont combined.
14. Trade: Three of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in Texas .
15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don't need to. You see, nothing rusts in Texas , so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades, well most of the time.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
Signed, The People of Texas
P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about and maybe a chuckle!
SLEEP WELL TONIGHT "THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!"
Cool. That way we won't have to drive so far to get to the coast.
If they invaded wearing blue windbreakers with the ICE logo on the back, they'd pretty much have a deserted state to themselves.
Also, at the rates we intend to charge the rest of you for our petroleum and gas (we’d be joining OPEC), it’d take all of, oh, three days to pay for all of it.
We lease it all back to the remaining US... another source of revenue. :->
Then you have to learn twang. :)
Texas (Amarillo) has the nuke refurbishing facility. Nukes as in bombs that is. I believe this is the only one in the country.
Support Free Republic - Become a Monthly Donor
Not to mention that Texas can confiscate all the federal military bases and their equipment (I would guess that 75-80% of the personnel on those bases would gladly defect and join Texas).
No Problem....when you start paying “our” TEXAS gas tax...we’ll have you paid back in no time.
Sheriff Joe in charge of the Border Patrol!
The only flies in the ointment are the border and the illegals. Youse guys can figure a way to correct that, I am sure.
Big a** wall and lots of border patrols. Catch illegals, send them back immediately
Any liberals will be treated as spies. We hang em...
There should be bonus points if they break out their own gun in an act of self defense or is able disarm you in a quick martial arts move taught by the USMC. :->
I live 15 miles from the Texas border. When Texas secedes, I’ll make the walk. And stay.
Texas is home of my father (and generations of his family), my sister, and both of my dogs. I’m a full Texan by right.
Re illegals, remember, Gov Perry tried to implement Operation Linebacker, which would have put a massive National Guard presence along the border, but the Feds blocked him..
It is the only nuclear weapon construction/refurbishment facility in North or South America. And it’s in Texas, because nobody else wanted it. Imagine that.
Any liberals will be treated as spies. We hang em...
I’ll bring the rope.
I don’t live in Texas now, but I own property there. I think I should get citizenship upon request. I hope that works anyway.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.