Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

A transcript of yesterday's broadcast with the always amusing Mark Steyn.
1 posted on 04/17/2009 11:11:41 AM PDT by mojito
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]


To: mojito

ping


2 posted on 04/17/2009 11:20:35 AM PDT by DeLaine (Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: mojito

It’s one of the two things I look forward to each Friday on the web. The WSJ crossword is the other.


3 posted on 04/17/2009 11:33:47 AM PDT by madinmadtown (It is good to be right.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: mojito
Hitler is Hitler. And every time you compare either Bush to Hitler or Obama to Hitler, you’re . . . insulting Americans, you’re not insulting Obama or Bush.

MS is the greatest. But I don't get this assertion. I think the Hitler comparison is apt. We need to get over the idea that Hitler was a freak of nature. He was merely a modern demonstration of Original Sin given political power. Stalin, Mao, the Aztecs, and Pol Pot were no better. Characters like this emerge throughout history with tiresome regularity. The important difference is not ideological or theological—it's that I think Hitler was more his own man than Obambi is. (That is, unless you count the fact that HItler seems to have been possessed by the devil.)

Obomber and his people are so amateurishly aggressive and petty on so many fronts that he seems barely to be in control of the show. It's like there's a money-bags behind Obama, pushing the main progression toward national bankruptcy and government takeover. And then there are ideologue advisors raising up a cacaphony of hate while Obomber tries to throw each one a little red meat every so often. He doesn't quite seem in charge. Do I think he'd go in for the cattle-car thing? I see nothing in his philosophy, particularly in his respect for political opponents or for human life, that would make me say no.

4 posted on 04/17/2009 11:38:53 AM PDT by SamuraiScot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: mojito

53% think their taxes are fair or too low...interesting. That’s about as many that don’t pay taxes. What percentage of taxpayers think their taxes are fair is the real question. Does this mean 53% would support a fair tax? I bet the other 47% would too.


5 posted on 04/17/2009 12:11:58 PM PDT by SanDiegoRepublican
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: mojito
"Stupid little peons! Thinking that it's THEIR money, their lives!


6 posted on 04/17/2009 12:19:54 PM PDT by Leisler ("It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged."~G.K. Chesterton)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson