Skip to comments.Glenn Beck Drop Kicks Charles Johnson - Who’s the Punk Now?
Posted on 04/19/2009 5:46:40 PM PDT by GoldStandard
Charles Johnson of LGF, or the Second Coming of Andrew Sullivan has become somewhat of a mad raving lunatic of late. Railing against Christians, God, and anyone who fails to worship his god Barack Obama. He also picks on Glenn Beck and calls him a punk. Funny that should come from one whos way of discourse is to ban or resort to juvenile name calling.
But then again Beck is the star and Johnson, well hes known for some clique albums on an for exposing faked Bush memos.
Heres Beck giving Johnson the proverbial stick in the ribs. (Ht STACLU).
(Excerpt) Read more at macsmind.com ...
LGF is the first forum I frequented. I drifted away fir personal reasons and the rise of the economic crisis. It is a shame this infighting is oing on between people who share the realization that there are MANY crazy Muslims threatening us.
Charles will need to be looking for a real job one of these days, he’s decimated his readership and lefties will never forgive him for straying. I say good riddance.
What’s a Charles Johnson?
Problem is, there are many crazy left-wingers threatening us too. LGF isn’t down with that idea though. It’s too bad, it was a fine blog once.
I thought a FReeper exposed those memo’s.. how dare he take credit.
I don’t remember LGF being so leftist... of course that was a long time ago
A FReeper by the screen name of Buckhead. What's your take on Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs, having anything to do with exposing the fake Rathergate memo, Buckhead?
Just a johnson with a first name. ;-)
LGF used to be one of the sites I checked most regularly.
It was one of only 3 sites I recommended in my profile.
The owner flipped out and spends all his time bashing conservatives now.
The attacks on Jihad Watch were so dishonest I lost all respect for LGF.
I’m so disgusted I even removed them from my bookmarks list.
I just checked out LGF. Wow.
Wasn’t this one of the better right-of-center bloggers?
It looks like DailyKooks.
Anyone know the background on CJ’s fip to moonbattery?
Just FYI: The part about Charles Johnson starts around 7:43 minutes into the clip, meaning towards the end.
I have no idea what happened to Charles, he used to have a great site.
Scroll down to these dates:
Gagdad Bob said...
In the bunker with Queeg:
Part II: The Fallout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQiyySS5wU&feature=related
4/17/2009 09:48:00 PM
Gagdad Bob said...
I’m starting to wonder if he really is mentally ill, with the constant fears of a nazi-under-every-bed and an immanent creationist takeover. In fact, he sounds like a conservative version of our most recent troll. Except that Queeg isn’t really conservative. His worldview is so idiosyncratic, which I suppose is why he has to banish anyone who challenges it.
4/18/2009 06:27:00 AM
Julie, Re: Queeg - Here’s MORE http://www.haloscan.com/comments/serr8d/5626449521790065861/?a=45693#146824
4/19/2009 12:40:00 PM
CJ is not Buckhead is he?
That might be awkward. we like Buck and hate CJ.... that would just be wrong... =o)
Charles Johnson was a democrat. 9/11 made him a “republican” (really just a pro-war democrat). With Bush in power he spent all his time defending Bush’s foreign policy. Now, democrat Johnson, is spending all his time defending Obama period.
No, not the same. Charles Johnson is apparently a dyed-in-the-wool leftist, who achieved temporary sanity due to 9/11, but has now relapsed.
Got it. Thanks.
I remember him from the Bush/NG memos. That’s it.
Man did he flip out. That site is pure hate.
Pity. He does seem to be getting worse every week. I will give em kudos for defending Israel and exposing Islam.
One thing I have noticed about LGF recently is that there used to be a display showing how many users were online, how many pages viewed, etc. Not anymore. Wonder why, lol.
He lost me with the whole “Birther” attack thing, and he’s been circling the drain faster and faster ever since.
Johnson was raised Roman Catholic but now considers himself an agnostic.
Johnson is a co-founder of Pajamas Media.
Charles Johnson switched from being a democrat to voting republican after 9/11
“CJ is not Buckhead is he?” ~ GeronL
No. See the last link in my post here:
“....A FReeper by the screen name of Buckhead.” ~ RegulatorCountry
See the last link in my post here:
man, I really need to use that /sarc tag
Ugh. I hate that site too.
That site is pure hate.
Especially against Muslims when Bush was President. It was for all intents and purposes a hate site then.
but if has gone back to leftist he would change on a dime is Obama says otherwise.
It’s a handy signal. I didn’t know whether you were joking or not, so just ran with the straight reply, lol.
I suspect that many of his regular readers had a rude awakening with Charles’ downplay/dismissal of the Obama bow. Many attempted to point out just how vile the symbolism was, e.g. the “FU” message it sent to Americans, the repercussions on the world stage, the gross inappropriateness of a POTUS prostrating himself to anyone, much less the custodian of Mecca and Media, the pit from which the hijackers came, and so forth.
I mean really, if they had to explain it, what’s the point.
Charles Johnson is a retard who has alienates better than half his (former) readership - don’t believe, then check his historical Alexa ratings. Basically, CJ is a leftist who temporarily played shill for Bush on the GWOT. He has more natural affinities for Obama, however.
Hahahaha, I was so happy when I saw Glenn Beck call Charles Johnson out the other day. That was priceless. I also used to frequent that site, but I got sickened by it over time and haven’t been to it in a couple of months probably. My stepdad recommended this as an alternative.
So what is this about Charles Johnson’s “’god’ Barack Obama.” Has he started showing support for Obama since I stopped going there a couple of months ago?
And that was absolutely disgusting of Charles to snap back at Glenn Beck by referring to his alcoholism, which he is in the process of recovering from. What a pathetic piece of crap. Good for Charles. He has gold records and toured. Too bad I never heard of him before LGF. I didn’t even know who he was or anything about him until a good while after I started going to LGF. But I definitely know who Glenn Beck is. Becoming a political commentator on national tv is a pretty big accomplishment. Charles only wishes he could have that level of popularity. I’m going to LGF right now to send Charles a request to delete my account. I’ve avoided going back there for a while now, but he’s finally aggravated me enough that I will force myself to stomach being on his site for the minute or so it takes to send him that request.
Leftist control of government is a far greater threat than Islam. Islam is only a threat because leftists allow them to be. They prevent us from defending ourselves.
He started attacking some anti-Jihad site (I admit I don't recall its name at the moment) and lately has been spending a disproportionate amount of time attacking creationism.
Between the bailouts, Obama in general, the Pakistan attacks on Mumbai, Somali pirates, and the rest, I don't see why creationism is so high on his list.
If I see him attack Palin, I'm writing him off completely.
I deleted my bookmark to LGF last week, after Charles Johnson attacked Glenn Beck - it was the last straw of several outrages. I was seriously tempted to do so when he banned Gates of Vienna last year, but this recent behavior has gone too far.
LGF is his ball - he has no obligation to share with others, but then I have the freedom to no longer visit his site three times a day.
LGF is OFF my reading list. One look at Johnson's "Al Franken wannabe" hair and supercilious manner is enough to convince me.
You can't judge a book by its cover: but when someones appearance (a matter of choice) is congruent with other indications that they're entertaining moonbattery, that's another matter.
Thanks for the time, I started watching and got bored.
Welcome to FR!
I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I’ve already seen him do it. Remember that Palin did say that she supports allowing creationism to be discussed in class a while back, and we all know how much Charles hates that. But yeah, he’s definitely gone off the deep end. He spends more time railing against the religious right and supposed right-wing extremists and alarmists than he does actually addressing the real issues at stake.
Well I did like I said and immediately went to LGF and shot him a short e-mail asking him to remove me from his site. I didn’t bother going into why I was making that request. All he would do is probably publish the e-mail on his site for everyone to see and make up some ridiculous story about how I’m an undercover creationist who advocates burning all Muslims alive.
Little Green Footballs. Isn’t that what grade school kids call boogers?
LGF is hands-down the gayest site I’ve ever been to. I used to think it was bad how people kissed JimRob’s ass around here, but the deification of “Charles” over there is downright creepy. And the guy seriously sucks at arguing his points.
"LGF? Is that thing still around?"
Charles Johnson was a major contributor to exposing the Dan Rather memos as fakes.
He is the guy who exactly duplicated the memos in MS Word on the default settings and then produced an animated gif that toggled between the CBS docs and the dummies he had just created, showing they are almost perfectly identical.
That animated gif may have been the single most succinct and persuasive internet post on the CBS memos in the entire affair. It received incredibly wide exposure. It was simple and absolutely devastating.
He deserves all due credit.
But listen, the documents were obvious fakes and there were millions of people who could tell that within 5 seconds of first seeing them. So, if it hadn’t been me or Charles Johnson it would have been somebody else.
He started attacking some anti-Jihad site (I admit I don't recall its name at the moment) and lately has been spending a disproportionate amount of time attacking creationism. Between the bailouts, Obama in general, the Pakistan attacks on Mumbai, Somali pirates, and the rest, I don't see why creationism is so high on his list.Obviously, creationism is a *much bigger threat* than Islam. ;')
“Used to post at LGF. There were lots of quick minds there. I wrote Johnson off some months back when he wouldn’t quit obsessing over Creationists. Seems he thinks they are more dangerous than Islamo-fascists. He has apparently continued downhill.” ~ SaxxonWoods
Then I’m pretty sure you’ll remember this quick mind who also used to post there:
Gagdad Bob (Robert Godwin, PhD - Clinical Psychologist)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
The Missing Strawberries, or Ten Vicious Attacks on Charles Johnson Before Breakfast
Sources inform me that I have been banned from commenting at LGF for making a vicious — vicious, I tell you! — comment about Charles the other day.
BabbaZee linked to the post, the hyper-vigilant Charles noticed it, and he immediately capped his most amusing and self-aggrandizing commenter.
So at least old yellowstain puts principle — or paranoia — above self-interest, as his blog continues to auto-Sullivanize into a monolithic right-wing frat of anti-intellectual jihadis who know as much about theology and metaphysics as I do about web design and bicycling.
Imagine if I banned all of the people who make vicious comments about me, such as, “Bob, I disagree with you.” To be honest, I’ve never banned a single person, although I have asked a couple of them to go away, mainly because they are just too stupid and/or annoying to understand what is going on here. I’ve never banned anyone for criticizing me, because in nearly every instance, the criticism is self-refuting, especially as it moves up the hysteria scale or down the materialist scale. As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t even like it when other Raccoons reflexively defend me from these folks, unless they do so in a way that is funnier than the criticism — which is almost always intrinsically funny if looked at from a sufficient height. In fact, I would be honored if Charles would link to this post, so we can see on a first hand basis how funny his dopey commenters would be!
Being that cyberspace persecutors are everywhere sapping his precious bodily fluids, Charles is a busy man, and can’t possibly have noticed my previous vicious comments about him — about his increasingly anti-intellectual rabble of illibertarian commenters and about what LGF has turned into, with its irrational lurch into a scientistic wacko chamber of substitious idolaters.
Therefore, I’ve extended the courtesy of assembling them all in one place, so he can ban me retroactive to June 14, 2008, when I began addressing the subject.
This is only the first ten. I’ll post some more on the weekend.
1) As Charles Darwin wrote, “While nature, making procreation free, yet submitting survival to a hard trial, chooses from an excess number of individuals the best as worthy of living, thus preserving them alone and in them conserving the species, man limits procreation, but is hysterically concerned that once a being is born it should be preserved at any price.”
Nah, just pulling your leg. That was Adolf Hitler explaining his values — which he derived from immanent nature, not the transcendent Absolute — in Mein Kampf. As someone once said, fascism in all its forms is the violent resistance to transcendence. Therefore, Charles at LGF, or the goons at dailykos, or any other flatland guardians, are not Nazis, since they engage in non-violent resistance to transcendence, as do the ACLU, or People for the American Way, or any other anti-religious activist and/or bigot or plain old ignoramus.
2) You see, the blinkered Lizard thinks that life only points down and back to the dead matter out of which it was magically given birth. But for the Raccoon, life is a symbol (symbol meaning “thrown across”) that again points “up” and “in.” We do not see life as a circular series of lateral mutations, but an open spiral that ultimately rejoins whole and part, absolute and relative, time and eternity, center and periphery, man and God.
And human beings are the “axis” or “pivot” of the whole existentialida. Deep down we all recognize this, albeit often in a garbled and perverted manner, for example, the environmental hysterics or the pompous and deluded LGFers who know they are superior to biology, but have no idea how or why.
Life! If Darwinism is all there is, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing. I have no respect for a reductionistic Lizard who is not a nihilist and a sociopath, for he is merely a weakling and coward who lacks basic intellectual honesty and the courage of his convictions. He has his feet planted in the soil of Judeo-Christian values, even while he has his head planted in his ass.
3) Again: to have the courage of one’s convictions and to fully inhabit the Darwinist world of the scientistic imagination would be to live as an animal, not a human. Remember, to a Darwinist, a human being can be nothing other than an animal, pure and simple. Along the lines of our last couple of posts, there can be no radical discontinuity between human and animal — or matter and Truth, behavior and Virtue, accident and Beauty, etc. It is a subhuman world unfit for Man. Which is again why none of them actually live there. They’re all frauds, phonies, and crude loudmouths, including, sad to say, the Head Lizard.
4) Any Lizard who claims their life is meaningful in the context of reductionistic Darwinism is strictly fooling themselves. I won’t argue with them, because there is no reason to take them seriously for even a single moment. If they don’t understand this, they are either stupid or intellectually dishonest. The same applies without qualification to morality, beauty, and truth. Obviously, I will not waste my time “debating” someone who simultaneously believes in Darwinism and truth, as if the transcendent absolute could ever be derived from matter.
I notice that the unsophisticated commenters at LGF also have a caricatured view of the scientific endeavor, as if it is a strictly mechanical process that results from “facts + induction” — as if it requires no imaginative leaps, or an overarching paradigm in order to even perceive a fact! I cannot see that any of them are the least bit acquainted with the philosophy of science, e.g., people like Whitehead and Polanyi.
One stupidly arrogant Lizard even said in response to one of my queries that he believed in “absolute facts” but not “absolute truth.” How to even begin to respond to such sophistry? There is no fact that “speaks for itself,” no experience that tells us what we are experiencing. To paraphrase Weaver, only by knowing little may we know much; logic depends on our “metaphysical dream,” not vice versa. And it should go without saying that it is this Dream that unites men, not the logic. Nazis and Islamists are rational within the logic of their sick dreams.
5) Horizontal folks — flatland materialists, secular pneumapaths, left-brainers, MENSA members, Lizards, et al — love to sneer at religion and exalt the superiority of science or mere reason in understanding the world. But when they do this, they always deal with a caricature of religion based upon their own limited horizontal understanding. In this regard, they are very much like children or primitive people who cannot transcend their narrow cognitive horizons, and mock what they do not understand.
Science can never account for the scientist, that is, for the human subject capable of knowing real truth. Again, it simply assumes the existence of truth-bearing scientists, as if this is not deeply philosophically problematic. How can the watered-down evolution of reductionistic Darwinism ever account for that? It can only pretend to do so, again, by confusing the rays with the sun. But to understand Darwinism is to have transcended it.
6) The problem is, Darwinism should be taught as science, not metaphysics, but virtually all of the middlebrow Lizards absurdly elevate it to a quasi-religious metaphysic that is logically self-refuting at every turn. In turn — and I have noticed this, for example, in many threads at LGF — militant atheists do indeed confuse Darwinism with metaphysics, and blindly defend it with the same belligerence as any “fundamentalist.” Light simply cannot break through their hardened defenses.
Religion easily accommodates science, while the reverse can never be true. Religion accommodates science for the same reason that our minds do. For our minds are designed to know truth, pure and simple, whether it is empirical truth, rational truth, artistic truth, moral truth, or metaphysical truth. Intelligence itself is prior to what it knows, and what it knows is truth (otherwise, knowledge is a meaningless, even absurd term). Therefore, intelligence is truth itself implanted within our being, or a prolongation of the Absolute within the relative.
7) Yesterday while commenting at LGF, I couldn’t help noticing how the reductionistic Darwinists practice a sort of inverse mysticism, in that they elevate what can only be ceaseless change into eternal truth. With reductionistic Darwinism, all is change; everything is “on the way” to something else that is equally temporary. In such a paradigm, not only can truth not exist, but we couldn’t know it anyway; the quantification of knowledge undermines its only meaningful measure, which is the intellect in light of the Absolute.
In a way, this is a caricature of Buddhist metaphysics, as it too advances what amounts to a paradox, i.e., “all is flux,” so that it is folly to become attached to the passing stream of maya. However, the ignorant Lizards are missing a very important point, that being that it is possible to escape maya both from “above” and “below,” and this makes all the difference, as the latter is actually a deeper plunge into its snares, a point that the — let us say, less spiritually gifted — LGF commenters never stop proving.
8) In other words, the Buddhist transcends the flux of maya in order to know the eternal, the transcendent Absolute, whereas the Darwinist Lizard goes the other route and identifies eternity with matter. Naturally this makes no sense in a cosmos that is itself contingent and evolving, but there you go. Metaphysically consistent they are not. There is a rebellious streak in them that is very similar to the left (who also escape reality from “below,” except in their case, instead of becoming Darwinist “monotheists” they descend into the fragmented polytheism of multiculturalism, moral relativism, deconstruction, etc.).
In reality, they are two sides of the same worthless coin, just as, say, the Semitic and Eastern religions are two sides of an infinitely precious coin. I am disappointed that Charles can fall for this junk metaphysics — just as he expressed disappointment in me — but in my case I have an excuse, because I only want to be disappointed by the best. I do note that he clearly possesses a kind of peerless left brained, technological kind of lizardy wizardry, and that may be the issue, for every gift carries a potential curse. Every savant is an idiot in certain areas.
9) The scientific reductionist, like a machine, “has reversed the roles, turning its creators into its own creatures; it escapes the control of intelligence as such from the moment that it claims to define the nature of intelligence from the outside and below” (Schuon). People forget that the quantification of all knowledge “necessarily entails an inward impoverishment, unless accompanied by a spiritual science that re-establishes unity and maintains equilibrium.”
This is one of the points I attempted to make at LGF, but to no avail. The bulk of commenters there seem to think that the “wall of separation” between church and state (itself a willful disunderstanding) must somehow extend to science and religion. Talk about a “wedge strategy”! But American schools are not failing because of “too much religion” (and by this I do not mean a religion, but simply a more sophisticated transcendental viewpoint that easily accommodates religion as such). To the contrary, our schools only began to fail after they were taken over by the radical secularists of the left. It could hardly be otherwise. What did you expect, wisdom?
10) Scientistic materialists — including Lizards and other radical Darwinists — are like defoliants, or people who would take an axe to this beautiful tree that has organically grown over the past 2000+ years. When you mess with the fundamental vision that holds a culture together “from the inside,” you are messing with the equivalent of nuclear physics on the collective human plane: an Adam smasher, if you will. You just have no idea what you will unloose from the bowels of hell.
Human beings do not live in world of sense-data. But the postmodern vertical barbarians do. In their small Lizard minds, they are “liberated” from the “childish mythologies” of the past. In my opinion, Charles is quite naive about the inevitable implications of such an intrinsically anti-human ideology. The other day, one of the mutual readers of LGF and One Cosmos was also commenting on the increasing lurch into anti-intellectualism of the former, noting that his rabbi — an eminent scholar — had spent his entire life studying the Torah, and yet, had not even scratched its surface.
But it takes no learning — let alone, wisdom — for a jackbooted mob of metaphysical yahoos to, as the reader put it, “pontificate with grand self-assuredness that they know fully what is meant in all the intricacies and layers of Torah and the rest of us believers are a bunch of deluded dummies. There’s nothing to be said to such people.” Indeed, like gleeful, deicidal three year-olds, these Lizards can tear down in the space of five minutes what it took 3000 years of spiritual genius to build, from Moses to Sandy Koufax.
posted by Gagdad Bob at 7/24/2008 08:07:00 AM 131 comments links to this post