|Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
Da zdravstvuyet sozdanny voley narodov
Yediny, moguchy Sovetsky Soyuz!
Skip to comments.A note on rebranding and remaking the GOP into Democrat Lite so we can WIN, BABY!!
Posted on 05/05/2009 1:36:08 PM PDT by Jim RobinsonEdited on 05/05/2009 3:53:30 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]
So, you say you want to win elections? No problem. Just be more like the Democrats.
All you've got to do is:
1) Quit talking about abortion. Go along with the flow. A woman's body is hers to control. If a growing baby is in the way, who cares? Kill him!
2) Quit objecting to gay marriage. That's so, like, yesterday. Don't you watch Rosie O'Donnell? Gay marriage is sooooo in. Queer is cool.
3) Quit objecting to big spending, big government, big taxes. C'mon man, the government knows what's best for us. Paying your taxes is patriotic. BIG government with BIG ideas is what made America GRATE!! Takes a lot of money to keep those BIG ideas flowing from BIG government!
4) Quit worrying about following the constitution. Talk about yesterday, the constitution is ancient! A quaint old document written by rich white guys in different times, for different times. There is no way our founding fathers could have foreseen all the problems we have in our modern times. Time to ditch the constitution and get with the modern program! We should pay more attention to international law and how they do things in Europe! Peace, bro!
5) Speaking of international law, why do we keep resisting the United Nations and other global government bodies? That's so old fashioned. If we all get behind the UN, it'll be a BIG step towards world peace! Europe, Russia, China, North Korea, Syria, Iran, et al, know more about peace than all the rest of us put together!
6) Speaking of world peace, why do we spend so much money on our war making machines? Cut the military!! Dismantle and destroy the nukes!! Scrap the Air Force and the Navy!! Convert the army into a civilian peacekeeping corps! If they held a war and no one came, we'd have peace, man!! Cut the war making machines and save the world!!
7) Borders? Why? They just get in the way of international commerce and the free flow of goods and labor. And they foment nationalism. Nationalism is our biggest enemy! Dissolve the borders and let freedom ring for all!!
8) Global warming, er, climate change. C'mon, it's obvious to all, and 12,000,000 government (political) scientists cannot be questioned. The climate is changing. And man made CO2 is the reason! We must reduce our carbon footprint on this planet or we're all gonna die! The GOP must stop being part of the problem and jump onto the climate change bandwagon. We're the last holdout!
9) The economy. We're burning too much oil. Too much fossil fuel. We cannot be profitable using oil that must be imported from countries that don't like us very much. Close down all industry depending on fossil fuels and start building new industries that use good green wind, solar and wave power!! Don't worry that these technologies don't exist yet, just close the coal burning plants and build the new. We'll tax the holdouts to death and create good shovel ready green jobs for the masses.
10) Healthcare. What greater right is there than the equal right to the miracle of modern medicine for everyone? Let's quit beating around the bush. The federal government is the only entity big enough to supply free and equal healthcare to the masses. Government knows best. Time for stingy conservatives to get out of the way. Like the successful battles for African-American and gay rights, equal healthcare rights for all is a civil rights issue!! So is housing! We all have the right to live in equal housing!!
11) Stop talking about religion and God and Jesus and the Creator and all that superstition stuff. Just makes us look foolish. Sheesh, talk about ancient. Jesus walked 2000 years ago. And God is older than dirt! And our dirt is old, man. Not 6,000 yearsbillions of years. Creator? All of our textbooks say man oozed out of the swamps millions of years ago. And hes been oozing ever since! Everyone that grew from a clump of worthless cells in his mamas belly like a parasite on its host knows that. Especially if he attended public schools.
12) And for crying out loud quit talking about Ronald Reagan!! Reagan was nothing but a "B" grade movie actor. He's the most hated Republican since Dick Nixon! We'll never win over the (left leaning) moderates and centrists by bragging about Reagan's conservatism (spit!). His trickle down supply side Reganomics was a failure anyway. Here we are only two decades after his departure and the economy he left is already failing. Especially in the last year or so. And the USSR was bound to fail eventually. His speech regarding tearing down the Berlin Wall was a waste of time.
Love it! Bipartisianship means Dems get their way always!
Yep....the very modern model of the mondern model moderates....
We need to be democrat lite to win...
bleh...maybe they can get powell to run next time...
Grate our teeth, that is.
A one party system can and must not stand.
We have been witness to the merging of the political streams into a Progressive movement that is carrying us towards the falls... and more than a few just shrug.
A nap sounds good about now. ;-)
We need a new Mayflower, Pinta Nina and Santa Maria.
....or....you could just shoot yourself rather than put up with this line of crap!
I’m tired of all of this rebranding talk.
We tried that during the last campaign.
It didn’t turn out very well at all.
Half the voter population seems to want what amounts to prison, as depicted by this joke:
Prison Versus Housewives
In prison, you get three square meals a day.
At home, you cook three square meals a day and try to get your kids to eat it.
In prison, you get an hour each day in the yard to exercise and mingle.
At home you get to clean the yard up so you can mow it so your kids can spread more toys all over it so that you can go out and clean it again because little Jr. can’t sleep without his latest lego creation.
In prison, you get to watch TV, cable even.
At home, you get to listen to your children fight over the remote control and get treated to hours and hours of mindless cartoons thanks to cable.
In prison, you can read whatever you want and attend college for free.
At home, you get to read weekly readers starring Dick, Jane, and Spot and worry about how to send Jr. to college and still be able to eat for the next twenty years.
In prison, all your medical care is free.
At home, you have to pawn your mother’s silver and fill out trillions of papers for insurance and hope the doctor will see you before you die.
In prison, if you have visitors, all you do is go to a room, sit, talk and then say good-bye when you are ready or your time is up.
At home, you get to clean for days in advance and then cook and clean up after your guests and hope that they will one day leave.
In prison, you can spend your free time writing letters or just hang out in your own space all day.
At home, you get to clean your space and everyone else’s space, too, and what the heck is free time again?
In prison, you get your own personal toilet.
At home, you have to physically hold the bathroom door shut in order to keep from having someone standing over you demanding to know how long till you’re done so you can do something for them.
In prison, the prison laundry takes care of all your dirty clothes.
At home, you get to take care of them yourself, plus everybody else’s, and get yelled at because somebody’s favorite shirt isn’t clean.
In prison, they take you everywhere you need to go.
At home, you take everybody else where they need to go.
In prison, the guards transport all your personal effects for you and make sure nothing is missing.
At home, you have to lug around everybody else’s stuff in your purse and then wonder who went in it and took your last dollar.
In prison, there are no screaming or whining children or spouses asking you to do something else for them, or screaming at you because you didn’t.
At home....stop me when I get to the downside of jail, will ya?
CAN THE REPUBLICANS DEFEAT THIS??
The base is solid, we just have to keep the limp wristed politicians (i.e. the Republicans) in line. Not an easy job.
I am afraid these are the standard lectures republicans get after losing an election, it is never really explained why this world work, or exactly what the winning positions would be.
I hope that there are a majority of Americans who will still want to be free after a few years of giveaways and vote-buyings.
It could take 10-20 years for the brutal effects of this creeping socialism to show up fully and by then it will be tough to rip it out.
The Boomer “Gimme” Generation which I am on the tail end of has undone 100+ years of progress.
I wish there were more like us.
Troll. I’m reporting this to the mods.
this is the dawning of the age of aquarius
This one republicans have covered pretty well.
This is the response Colin Powell and his ilk need to hear.
Sen. McCain, give Jim Robinson his account back right now, mister!
No ~ Go with the flow ~ bump!!
I get faint thinking about it. I gotta go lay down.
The new brand they show you looks like an elephant, but the scar it will leave on your backside looks like a donkey.
nail on head
I just saw shep smith say that we need as a party to stop going on about abortion and homosexual marriage(I wish we would)
well the left would say that as we are stopping them to further their agenda and they know that if we really did start saying about homosexual marriage we could win more seats in areas .
As a party we need to talk about this and make it clear to the voters that the Dems are the party of not just homosexual marriage but also homosexual adoption, and teaching it in schools
the Dem party is the party of giving little girls contraceptives when parents do not know
the Dem party is the party which lets little girls kill a baby and do not want parents to know
The Dem party is the party which wants to take your money and give it to those who are too lazy to work
The Dem party is the party what wants to dictate your life
all we need is someone to have enough guts to actually say this and not back down once they get attacked from Soros etc
The left is using the divide and conquer tactic with the help of the media. what we have to do is stand strong and get the word out as much as we can to friends, family, work, neighbors etc.
Yesterday I saw a lady with an obama sticker, go green all that usual crap and so I walked past her saying to my wife so the little girl could hear” obama is ruining this country and now wants to give more bailouts with our tax money and the obama just close their eyes and turn off ears”
the look on her face was priceless but at least she now knows that there are others now with different views to hers about her messiah
the left did this trick for years and now I will use it against them
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R) said that "Republicans have done so well in cutting spending that he declared an 'ongoing victory,' and said there is simply no fat left to cut in the federal budget," the Washington Times reports.
It’s still early, but Hunter/DeMint 2012 is a start!
Jim, did you just have a bad night in Olongopo or something? LMAO!
The Republicans are lost. We need a new leader to re-establish the party. The old way is done. We must return to the beliefs of the founders of become as relevant as the Whigs. Maybe its time for a 3rd Party to reform this mess. Sure as shootin’ something needs to be done an it aint “re-branding”! Toss the Bums and RINOs OUT!
The problem is general voters see each side as objecting to the other’s spending, and that’s pretty accurate. The elected in DC ARE (mostly) prostitutes that will say anything.
I know how you feel! Power corrupts.
should say I wish we would mention it more instead of being cowards because those on the nasty left mi call us a name which does not apply
If we had someone who stood up to the left and they were called a name why not just say , well where is their tolerance now, how sad that some on the left have to go to the name calling insteead of proper debate on the issues.
My child knows not people names and yet we have many here who do not know that, how sad
The U.S. adds one international migrant (net) every 36 seconds. Immigrants account for one in 8 U.S. residents, the highest level in more than 80 years. In 1970 it was one in 21; in 1980 it was one in 16; and in 1990 it was one in 13. In a decade, it will be one in 7, the highest it has been in our history. And by 2050, one in 5 residents of the U.S. will be foreign-born. Currently, 1.6 million legal and illegal immigrants settle in the country each year; 350,000 immigrants leave each year, resulting in net immigration of 1.25 million. Since 1970, the U.S. population has increased from 203 million to 306 million, i.e., over 100 million. In the next 40 years, the population will increase by 135 million. Three-quarters of the increase in our population since 1970 and the projected increase will be the result of immigration. The U.S., the worlds third most populous nation, has the highest annual rate of population growth of any developed country in the world, i.e., 0.975% (2009 estimate), principally due to immigration.
|Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
Da zdravstvuyet sozdanny voley narodov
Yediny, moguchy Sovetsky Soyuz!
No need for two parties anymore, if we’re going to accept all that.
11) Don’t forget to travel the world with your “Blame America First” message.
Includes bowing to Saudi kings, kissing butt with Chavez, sending friendly congress-critters to Fidel, and so on.
I think I just got a tingle down my leg
Hey where did you get my picture at any way??
I never stepped foot in that place, Olongopo City, not even once.
You forgot religion in there.....
How about this, from an email I received...
(A law student purportedly wrote this).
Dear American liberals, leftists, social progressives, socialists, Marxists and Obama supporters, et al:
We have stuck together since the late 1950’s, but the whole of this latest election process has made me realize that I want a divorce. I know we tolerated each other for many years for the sake of future generations, but sadly, this relationship has run its course. Our two ideological sides of America cannot and will not ever agree on what is right so let’s just end it on friendly terms. We can smile and chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and go our own way.
Here is a model separation agreement:
Our two groups can equitably divide up the country by landmass each taking a portion. That will be the difficult part, bu t I am sure our two sides can come to a friendly agreement. After that, it should be relatively easy! Our respective representatives can effortlessly divide other assets since both sides have such distinct and disparate tastes.
We don’t like redistributive taxes so you can keep them. You are welcome to the liberal judges and the ACLU. Since you hate guns and war, we’ll take our firearms, the cops, the NRA and the military. You can keep Oprah, Michael Moore and Rosie O’Donnell (You are, however, responsible for finding a bio-diesel vehicle big enough to move all three of them).
We’ll keep the capitalism, greedy corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Wal-Mart and Wall Street. You can have your beloved homeless, homeboys, hippies and illegal aliens. We’ll keep the hot Alaskan hockey moms, greedy CEO’s and rednecks.. We’ll keep the Bibles and give you NBC and Hollywood.
You can make nice with Iran and Palestine and we’ll retain the right to invade and hammer places that threaten us. You can have the peaceniks and war protesters. When our allies or our way of life are under assault, we’ll help provide them security.
We’ll keep our Judeo-Christian values. You are welcome to Islam, Scientology, Humanism and Shirley McClain. You can also have the U.N but we will no longer be paying the bill.
We’ll keep the SUVs, pickup trucks and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Subaru station wagon you can find.
You can give everyone healthcare if you can find any practicing doctors. We’ll continue to believe healthcare is a luxury and not a right. We’ll keep The Battle Hymn of the Republic and the National Anthem. I’m sure you’ll be happy to substitute Imagine, I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing, Kum Ba Ya or We Are the World.
We’ll practice trickledown economics and you can give trickle up poverty your best shot. Since it often so offends you, we’ll keep our history, our name and our flag.
Would you agree to this? If so, please pass it along to other like minded liberal and conservative patriots and if you do not agree, just hit delete. In the spirit of friendly parting, I’ll bet you ANWAR which one of us will need whose help in 15 years.
P.S. Also, please take Barbara Streisand & Jane Fonda with you.
Now you’re getting with the program Jim! Principles, integrity, truth, and justice are SO 20th century America! It’s a new day! Only winning counts!...........(do I really need /s?)
Arise ye workers from your slumbers
Arise ye prisoners of want
For reason in revolt now thunders
And at last ends the age of cant.
Away with all your superstitions
Servile masses arise, arise
We’ll change henceforth the old tradition
And spurn the dust to win the prize.
So comrades, come rally
And the last fight let us face
The Internationale unites the human race.
No more deluded by reaction
On tyrants only we’ll make war
The soldiers too will take strike action
They’ll break ranks and fight no more
And if those cannibals keep trying
To sacrifice us to their pride
They soon shall hear the bullets flying
We’ll shoot the generals on our own side.
No saviour from on high delivers
No faith have we in prince or peer
Our own right hand the chains must shiver
Chains of hatred, greed and fear
E’er the thieves will out with their booty
And give to all a happier lot.
Each at the forge must do their duty
And we’ll strike while the iron is hot.
A great list of ten “non-negotiables”. The RINO’s want us to just give up, go along and “re-brand” [ignore that it was tried and didn’t work with McQueeg ‘08]. Remember the Alamo. You have been on a quite the roll Davey Crockett!
Well to be fair, that was the fiscal 2006 budget which brought the budget deficit down by $200 billion that year.
They must be with us 100%... Third Party symbolism and wasting votes in some Protest like support of a third party will not gain the House and Exuctive branch back.
But Taking the GOP BACK and placing real conservitive leadership that will rally the troops once again..
Conservatives can and must stand on principle to be successful.
After all, everyone knows about the Reagan Democrats. Are there any Bush Democrats?, McCain Democrats? Nixon or Ford Democrats? Reagan was able to attract Democrats and moderates because of his ideas and RESULTS.
For the conservative, the Republican party is only a means to an end: the promotion of consevative principles. For Democrats, the Party is an end in itself:unfettered power.