Skip to comments.CA: Governor May Free 38,000 Inmates To Ease Budget (More scare tactics)
Posted on 05/09/2009 12:17:13 PM PDT by calcowgirl
SACRAMENTO (CBS 5) ― Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that thousands of inmates could be forced out of state prisons if his proposed ballot measures fail in the upcoming special election.
Schwarzenegger said he will open prison doors if voters don't approve the measures to close a projected $6 billion budget hole during the May 19th vote.
... The governor's plan would release 38,000 inmates, 19,000 of those are what the state considers low risk. The other 19,000 inmates are illegal immigrants whose offenses are said to be non-serious. The governor would commute their sentences and release all of them to federal immigration authorities.
... Raising those fears may be the idea behind the governor's warning. The threat of turning inmates loose may be so frightening that it may spur voters to approve the measures.
(Excerpt) Read more at cbs5.com ...
The liberal dung heap that used to be California, just gets bigger.
Not only is the complexity of the entire reform package hard for voters to understand, the high level of mistrust of the politicians backing the measure and the general resistance to tax increases make the passage of Prop. 1A less than a sure thing.Arnie is spreading pure, unadulterated, deliberate scare-tactic lies to sell new taxes. Perhaps the prisons can find a spot for him in lock-up.
Moreover, as Prop. 1A proponents try various new arguments in favor of the measure, they are quickly and effectively countered by opponents. For example, early in the campaign, the Governor stated that Proposition 1A has nothing to do with tax increases. That assertion didnt even pass the laugh test and proponents have been forced to admit that, yes, if Proposition 1A passes, California taxpayers would pay an additional $16 billion in taxes they would otherwise not pay.
Next came the financial Armageddon argument, predicting that we will have an immediate and catastrophic financial meltdown if voters reject Prop. 1A. But this assertion, also, has been revealed as little more than a scare tactic. The Governors own Director of Finance stated in a recent hearing that there would be no impact on the current budget year or budget year 2009-10 by the rejection of Prop. 1A.
Low rish to who? Maybe those who have 24/7 armed guards.
I'm sure those 19,000 illegal aliens were in jail for crimes such as jaywalking and littering.
Hey, I know where the “No on all the Proposition” people can pick up an easy 38,000 votes.
“The other 19,000 inmates are illegal immigrants whose offenses are said to be non-serious. The governor would commute their sentences and release all of them to federal immigration authorities.”
That might not be a bad plan, IF the feds would do anything about it...which they won’t.
No delegation allowed, HE needs to be there to open the doors then!
This is WAY past people electing representation, this is dictation from a tyrannical leader.
And to some "tea parties" are a threat to society?
That RINO needs to go.
It is easier for an illegal parasite to vote than a criminally employed felon,so it only makes economic sense.
For Democrats,that is.
Being surprised at the nefarious mendacity of liberal Democrats (or AHHnold RINOs) is sooooo passe’—or sooooo Pelosi,if you will..
I'm sure those 19,000 illegal aliens were in jail for crimes such as jaywalking and littering.
It's the same old liberal (RINO) crap.
Pay more or we will keep cutting where it really hurts until you give in and pay more.
They cut the services that they are actually there to regulate and perform first and let the politically driven wasteful spending programs that do nothing but devolve society and create voter support continue.
I would free all people convicted of possesion or use of pot.
I mean really.. is it worth the billions we spend on fighting this when we allow alcohol?
I DO NOT SMOKE it now, and even though it is legal I DO NOT drink alcohol.
But I once used them both and I can tell you MJ is much more harmless.
Our idiot gov.Doyle (WI) is releasing thousands of prisoners as a way to cut the deficit here. It will not do that however, they are not laying off any prison related workers, they are just releasing criminals for us to deal with. They will re-offend and end up costing everyone more money than if they served their time. Doyle’s so-called budget, is laden with tax increases, fee increases, things that seem to be made up laws he threw in, forming a taxing authority so the libs can tax us for choo choo trains, etc. He’s gone hog wild. Raised the gun background check from 8 to 30 bucks,,,a thousand ways to raise our taxes. In the past he raided the “trust fund” that we send our car registration money to, and gave that money to the teacher’s union. Yep, he got away with it. They all did. Our roads are horrible. Our registration fees per vehicle used to be 45 dollars and now are 75 and 85. He did that in the last budget. He is taking away the limits on how much they can raise our school taxes (property taxes) in this current budget. Our taxes are already sky high. They will bleed us dry, it’s never enough for them.
Can’t you see the BS extortion yet? Government will make you safe—but yet threatens to release convicted criminals on the street, welcomes illegal aliens and even refuses to comply with law by failing to enforce the law—and yet, we’ve read articles recently how states like CA and NY both pay teachers full time salaries for DOING NOTHING. Yet, they would never end those sham programs to help reduce their deficit...no, they’ll threaten you to pay more or else they release 38,000 prisoners upon you. No, we’re not about to reduce the size of our kingdom—why, we might even buy some more cars for those on welfare.
You better fork over more money—or else!
Pay more and more, like the slaves you are. Serve them and like it. Say anything against them and you’re a “hater”, a racist, or not being positive and we’ll send you to jail. Of course, we’ll release the guy who committed armed robbery sharing a cell with, but you used you mouth to speak out. You, good grief, hurt someone’s feelings! Oh the shame!! You’ll never get out—you’re evil and believe in liberty. You’re keeping this country from going forward!
Oooooo, that’ll work.
Let’s see,...no guns, more convicts and criminals on the street.
California! Better than ever!
Gee, I can hardly wait to move back to California.
Yeah, that’s the ticket.
Gee..., far be it that they actually reduce the prison population by releasing "Users" and small time "Dealers" who got swept up in the net!
This is the traditional "We're going to shut down the Washington Monument" ploy!
Scare the sheeple into voting for their additional momentum towards serfdom!!!
You pretty much get it.
Of course, they simply couldn't eliminate any jobs from....
* Accountancy, Board of
* Acupuncture Board
* Administrative Hearings, Office of
* Administrative Law, Office of
* Adoptions Branch, Department of Social Services
* African American Museum, California
* Aging, California Commission on
* Aging, Department of
* Agricultural Labor Relations Board
* Agriculture and Environmental Stewardship, Office of
* AIDS, Office of
* Air Resources Board
* Alcohol and Drug Programs, Department of
* Alcoholic Beverage Control Appeals Board
* Alcoholic Beverage Control, Department of (ABC)
* Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority, California
* Analytical Chemistry, Center for
* Animal Health and Food Safety Services
* Apprenticeship Council
* Apprenticeship Standards, Division of
* Arbitration Certification Program
* Architects Board
* Archives, California State
* Arts Council
* Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
* Assembly, California State
* Assembly Democratic Caucus
* Assembly Republican Caucus
* Athletic Commission
* Attorney General
* Audits, Bureau of State
* Automotive Repair, Bureau of
* Barbering and Cosmetology, Board of
* Bay-Delta Authority, California
* Behavioral Sciences, Board of
* Binational Border Health, California Office of
* Biodiversity Council
* Biogeographic Data Branch
* Blind, Office of Services to the
* Board of Equalization (BOE)
* Boating and Waterways, Department of
* Braille and Talking Book Library
* Building Standards Commission
* Business, Transportation and Housing Agency
* Cal Boating (Department of Boating and Waterways)
* California Exposition & State Fair
* California Business Investment Services (CalBIS)
* Cal/EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
* CalGOLD (Business Permit Information)
* California Broadband Initiative
* California Coastal Commission
* California Commission for Jobs and Economic Growth
* California Council for the Humanities
* California Cultural and Historical Endowment
* California Digital Library
* California Geological Survey
* California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
* California Museum for History, Women, and the Arts
* California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
* California Science Center
* California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
* California State Fair
* California State Library
* California State Parks
* California State University (CSU)
* California Tahoe Conservancy
* California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
* Cal-Learn Program (Department of Social Services)
* CalOHI (California Office of HIPAA Implementation)
* Cal/OSHA (Division of Occupational Safety & Health)
* CalSTRS (California State Teachers' Retirement System)
* Caltrans (Department of Transportation)
* CalVet Home Loan Program
* CalWORKs Program (Department of Social Services)
* Career Resource Network
* Cemetery and Funeral Bureau
* Central Valley Flood Protection Board
* CERES (California Environmental Resources Evaluation System)
* Charitable Trusts, Registrar of
* Chief Information Officer (CIO)
* Chief Information Officer Archives, Office of the (OCIO)
* Child Support Services, Department of
* Children & Families Commission
* Children and Family Services Division
* Children's Trust Fund, California State
* Chiropractic Examiners, Board of
* Citizens Compensation Commission
* Climate Change Portal (Energy Commission)
* Coachella Valley Mountains Conservancy
* Coastal Conservancy
* Colorado River Board of California
* Communicable Disease Control, Division of
* Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
* Community Services and Development, Department of
* Conservation Corps
* Conservation, Department of
* Constitution Revision Commission
* Consumer Affairs, Department of
* Contractors State License Board
* Contracts Register Program, California State
* Controller, California State
* Corporations, Department of
* Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of
* Cosmetology, Board of Barbering and
* Court Reporters Board
* Courts, Administrative Office of the
* Courts of Appeal
* Crime and Violence Prevention Center
* Cyber Safety for Children
* Dams, Division of Safety of
* Data Exchange Center (Department of Water Resources)
* DataQuest (Department of Education)
* Deaf Access, Office of
* Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
* Delta Protection Commission
* Delta Vision
* Dental Auxiliaries, Committee on
* Dental Board of California
* Developmental Disabilities, State Council on
* Developmental Services, Department of
* Disability Insurance, State (SDI)
* Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Certification Program
* DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)
* Education Audit Appeals Panel
* Education, Department of
* Education, Office of the Secretary for
* Education, State Board of
* Educational Facilities Authority
That’s a long list. And I *do* notice that your alphabetical list truncated at the letter “E”
Starting at the top, they could save billions and improve the economy by wiping out the Air Resources Board. But then, the crooked schemers couldn’t continue their global warming hoax or control your life and your business with draconian environmental laws.
In my part of the world, it might spur the voters to a hanging.
He might want to think twice.
Get ready for a major crime spree in California.
I assume you mean the $3 Billion in stem cell research ($6 billion if you include interest on the bonds)
Nope — can’t touch any of that. The authors of the bill made sure that no one could ever take back that pledge. The fine-print even forbids voters from reversing it, along with a whole slew of other outrageous terms. Kiss that $6 billion goodbye.
There are certain situations where public lynchings seem appropriate.
Of course, I’m not saying this is one of them... (hear that Napolitano?)
“Arnie is spreading pure, unadulterated, deliberate scare-tactic lies to sell new taxes”
Did anyone see him on TV re Santa Barbara fires....”fire fighters will also have to laid off”...another scare tactic. What a jerk.
I think I read there is a recall out for him now.
Why doesn’t he get rid of government employees?
Thank you - If the elected officials are going to actively act in a manner that clearly, openly, and directly threatens the Commonweal, and those people who are also entrusted with the enforcement of law and order are so corrupt as to be complicit in such an open endangerment of the lives of our citizens for gross political gain, then there is no illegality in such an act.
Quite the contrary, we would be remiss in our duty if we allowed such criminal activity to continue to be done under the color of the authority of the State itself.
If I recall, Tom McClintock is still available as he was during the election of Arnie.
The threat of turning inmates loose may be so frightening that it may spur voters to approve the measures.
California needs to file for bankruptcy, restructure and let the chips fall where they will.
sounds like here in MA where they lock up thousands of people for practically nothing too.
Why isn’t the Rev Moonbeam Brown, our friggin Attorney General wading into this with both guns blazing? As the primary legal protector of his constituents, doesn’t he have an OBLIGATION to fight against any ruling that would put the law abiding populace in harm’s way?
Millions of voters may soon free the Governor.
800+ to go down...Just Say *NO* to Budget Theater!
The Terry Anderson Show...
Terry’s guest tonight will be Ted Hilton...
More Caca de Toro from La Times...
What do you think ???
Call Terry LIVE 9-10 PM PST at (866) 870-57521
LIVE stream at http://krla870.townhall.com/
I think every assembly person, senator and lt gov and gov should be laid off
what do we need with them and their failed policies?