Starwise, in the Wilmington,DE News Journal on page A18, Thursday, May 28, 2009 appeared an ad on behalf of the Chrysler National Dealer Council.
The ad is a full page and reads like a BS account of why the elimination of dealers was necessary, good for Chrysler, so sorry it had to happen to some of our friends, blah, blah.
I believe this ad was part of a nationwide ad buy in many papers because it is written to a antional audience.
My BS meter pinged immediately.
The following people/dealers were listed at the bottom of the ad, supposedly supporting it. We should study the list to see the if they were retained and what party they donated to:
Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Arrigo Dodge Chrysler Jeep
West Palm Beach, FL
Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Inc.(Bingo—a Lithia member)
Bob & Chuck Eddy C-D-J
Elder Chrysler Dodge Jeep
Cherry Hill Dodge
Cherry Hill, NJ
Golling Chrysler Jeep, Inc.
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Folsom Lake Dodge
Allen Samuels Dodge
North Richland Hills, TX
River Front Chrysler Jeep
North Aurora, IL
Naples Dodge and Chrysler
Franklin Sussex Auto Mall
Palmen Motors, Inc.
Brunswick Auto Mart, Inc.
Pro Chrysler Jeep
Greenbrier Chrysler Jeep
The ad also announced a website called “ChryslerDealerSupport.com”
These folks sound like they all made the cut. We should see who they donated to, or who in their employ donated to.
Here’s what I found on the dealers on the list:
1. Mickey Anderson is a GOP donor.
2. Carlos Hidalgo and McSkimming gave no money to candidates, but their local Dodge competitors will be closed down. They will each be the only chrysler dealers in their areas.
3. John Myers gave no money to candidates, but their local Jeep competitor will close. Myers will be the only local Chrysler dealer in the area.
Since 2007, the following dealers gave money to candidates:
1. Jim Arrigo gave $3,300 to Ron Klein (D)
2. Chuck Eddy gave $500 to John Boccieri (D)
3. Charles Foulke gave $6,900 to Robert Andrews (D) and $6,300 to various Democrats from 1994-2000
4. Andrew Palmer gave $750 to Russ Feingold (D) and $500 to Paul Ryan (R)
5. John Schenden gave $900 to Joan Fitz-Gerald (D)