Skip to comments.Tiller: ABC Cites Anonymous Tweets, Sawyer Gets Choked Up
Posted on 06/01/2009 5:00:24 AM PDT by governsleastgovernsbest
Has ABC established a new journalistic standard: henceforth, is it OK to cite anonymous internet posts to demonstrate public opinion on an issue?
During its segment on the murder of abortion doctor George Tiller, ABC News reporter cited two inflammatoryand anonymousTweets. Later, at the conclusion of her interview of two associates of the late Dr. Tiller, Diane Sawyer seemed to choke up.
ABC News reporter Jeffrey Kofman was on the scene in Wichita, Kansas.
View video here.
(Excerpt) Read more at finkelblog.com ...
Not necessarily. The tweets in question could easily have been written by a staffer...
Didn’t Wilt father about that many as well?
All one need do is take a look at the response to Judge Sotomayor’s being labeled “empathetic”. For cripes sake, to most anyone who gives any thought to what a judge should be, empathy is regarded as a important quality.
The left can try to marginalize us, but let's not lend our own hands to the process. Sheesh!
There is no crying in baby killing.
I agree. I have spent a lifetime in the LCMS (c0nservative synod) and hate being painted with that brush. I have heard that the conservative synods have started calling them selves confessional Lutherans (following the Augsburg confession)
I hate to give up the name Lutheran, with its heritage, but if this group of apostate libs does not stop calling itself Lutheran, we may need to call ourselves something else.
Some numbers to keep in perspective as you talk to folks about this today and in upcoming days:
1. George Tiller operated a clinic that specialized in late term abortions, after 21 weeks. That means his specialty was the killing of babies that were VIABLE, meaning, they could live outside the womb. This is murder of convenience.
2. Mr. Tiller admitted performing 60,000 abortions of this type. That is the population of a small city.
3. Mr. Tiller made a lot of money with his bloody hands, corrupting the politicians in Kansas, including the Governor, now the HHS Secretary under Obama, in order to keep his baby murdering cash cow going.
4. Mr. Tiller’s clinic broke various laws intended to protect minors—not reporting cases where girls under the legal age of consent were made pregnant by older males.
5. There have been more than fifty million abortions since 1973, and that doesn’t include those in California and NY, which do not report their numbers. The CDC does not require reporting the number of abortions—these numbers come from the only source that compiles such statistics—the Alan Guttman Institute—which is a wholly owned subsidiary of-wow-Planned Parenthood. So, there is a structural bias to under-report the true number of abortions.
6. There are still over one million abortions a year after 36 years of sex education, condom use, etc. The abortion procedure usually involves active dissection of a live baby, pulling out the parts, and reassembling them to make sure parts are not left in the mother. No anesthesia is given to the baby as it is dismembered. We would not kill a dog or a cat in this barbaric manner. Saline abortions involve the injection of a salt solution into the amniotic sac, which literally burns the baby alive until dead. This is called providing a health service to women.
7. After 36 years, we are now into our third generation of American women undergoing abortions. Of the fifty million babies aborted since 1973, about half would have been females. Considering the number of females aborted between 1973 and 1991(the youngest of this group would be 16—child bearing age), these females would have had as many of ten million children by now. So we are missing fifty plus ten—sixty million people in America today.
8. How many doctors, inventors, educators, nurses, teachers,fathers and mothers have we killed in 36 years? What would have been their contribution to society?
Hopefully, Tiller’s punishment in hell will be to suffer the pain of being aborted over and over and over and over again, unceasing for all eternity.
I forgot to put the sarcasm off '/s' at the end of my comment. Of course this is bogus. Just another opinion instead of real news.
Now all the “moderates” who didn’t pay attention will learn what a fanatic obuma is on the isue of abortion.
I see a big blow-back against the abortionists - including the rat party - and the Goebbel’s media for not reporting facts about their Marxist “messiah.”
Left wingers always push the most extreme positions that finally doom them, and making a saint out of Tiller will be another nail in the leftists’ coffin.
Iam sorry but as my first post, Murder is Murder-
I Grieve for the Dr. and the unborn.
I was upset with the MSM this weekend for imediately assuming he was killed by a pro-life extremist, without any infomation on the killer’s identity.
On March 5th, 1953 I was confused as a young boy, why my mother and father were GLAD a person died... Josef Stalin’s life ended, and I realized the bitter sweet emotions, glad it’s over, and the horrors he caused has ended, but sad..that law and justice were never applied to a man who caused death upon infants...
wouldn’t it be great if Jesus allowed tiller to come back for one more interview with ms. sawyer. i wonder if words alone could describe his hell?
“When was the last time the President issued an outraged statement when one of our soldiers was killed in the line of duty?”
You are absolutely spot-on! People are murdered every day, yet 0bama speaks specifically about this one. I guess because Tiller was a giant in one of 0bama’s favorite industries.
As I said prior, I pray for redemption of Tiller’s soul, but I and glad he’s out of commission.
but I and glad = but, I am glad
More credible than ABC's *usual* sources.