Skip to comments.Evolution As Catch-All Explanation (give me that old time Temple of Darwin religion!)
Posted on 06/03/2009 9:49:09 AM PDT by GodGunsGuts
Evolution As Catch-All Explanation
June 3, 2009 If you were taught a precise definition of neo-Darwinism in school, it doesnt seem to matter to many evolutionists in the media. In practice, the word Evolution seems to act as a catch-all category for explaining anything and everything whether or not random mutation and natural selection were involved. Some purpose and design can even be tossed into the mix as long as Evolution is the hero of the story. Here are some recent examples of how Evolution is employed to explain whatever:...
(Excerpt) Read more at creationsafaris.com ...
Intelligent people interpret data differently, largely based on presuppositions and training. Currently, those espousing the undirected natural processes scenarios are in control of the vast majority of scientific clout.... Studies have repeatedly shown that the public holds views that are more compatible with ID, yet undirected naturalism is taught as truth in public school systems, despite its lack of scientific evidence. Since Atheism and Secular Humanism have been confirmed as religions by US courts, and Evolution has been declared a religion by evolutionists, this teaching is actually against the First Amendment religious establishment clause and may be addressed in court.
Dr. Don Johnson of ScientificIntegrity.net, in his new book Probabilitys Nature and Natures Probability, p. 101.
In yet another equally reliable source:
Hercules Still Struggling To Complete 13th Labor - http://www.theonion.com/content/news/hercules_still_struggling_to?utm_source=a-section
Archaeologists Discover World’s First Guy Named Marty - http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/archaeologists_discover
How many of these can you post in one day?
And a quote from an equally reliable Don Johnson
"Hollywood is very much an industry town. Your life becomes caught up in all of the parties and this list and that list. That's not something that I respond well to."
I did NOT know that!
Hey, I just thought of something. Sometimes SCOTUS will make a syllabus of the case, which is called Dicta, I think. (I'm not a lawyer)
It's quite a long shot, but is he sure this finding was in a written opinion, and not in Dicta? Probably not, but maybe someone could check?
Creationists are now talking like Valley Girls?
It is now apparent where the folks believing Darwinianism get their data. Someday, try science.
“Science is rooted in creative interpretation”.
Indeed, and never so creative and interpretive as when the in The Temple of Darwinism.
That quote was from....well, I’ll say in my next comment.
GGG, as per your request:
1. Variations exist with in all populations.
2. Some of that variation is heritable
3. Base pair sequences are encoded in a set of self-replicating molecules that form templates for making proteins.
4. Combinations of genes that did not previously exist may arise via Crossing over During meiosis, which alters the sequence of base pair on a chromosome.
5. Copying errors (mutations) can also arise; because the self-replication process is of imperfect (although high) fidelity; these mutations also increase the range of combinations of alleles in a gene pool.
6. These recombinations and errors produce a tendency for successfully increasing genetic divergence radiating outward from the initial state of the population.
7. Some of the heritable variations have an influence on the number of offspring able to reproduce in turn, including traits that affect mating opportunities, or survival prospects for either individuals or close relatives.
8. Characteristics which tend to increase the number of an organisms offspring that are able to reproduce in turn; tend to become more common over generations and diffuse through a population; those that tend to decrease such prospects tend to become rarer.
9. Unrepresentative samplings which alters the relative frequency of the various alleles can occur in populations for reasons other than survival / reproduction advantages, a process known as genetic drift.
10. Migration of individuals from one population to another can lead to changes in the relative frequencies of alleles in the recipient population.
11. Populations of a single species that live in different environments are exposed to different conditions that can favor different traits. These environmental differences can cause two populations to accumulate divergent suites of characteristics.
12. A new species develops (often initiated by temporary environmental factors such as a period of geographic isolation) when sub-population acquires characteristics, which promote or guarantee reproductive isolation from the alternative population, limiting the diffusion of variations thereafter.
13. The combination of these effects tends to increase diversity of initially similar life forms over time.
14. Over the time frame from the late Hadean to the present, this becomes sufficient to explain both the diversity within and similarities between the forms of life observed on earth, including both living forms directly observed in the present, and extinct form indirectly observed from the fossil record.
Thats what Evolution IS! If you have a problem with Evolution you have a problem with one or more of these fourteen points. Which one is it? Provide any evidence of any of the points that are incorrect.
While the origins of life are a question of interest to evolutionary biologist and frequently studied in conjunction with researchers from other fields such as geochemistry and organic chemistry, the core of evolutionary theory itself does not rest on a foundation that requires any knowledge about the origins of life on earth. It is primarily concerned with the change and diversification of life after the origins of the earliest living things although there is not yet a consensus as to how to distinguish living from non-living
Evolution does NOT indicate that all variations are explained this way; that there are no other mechanisms by which variations may arise, be passed, or become prevalent; or that there is no other way life diversifies. Any and all of these may be valid topics for conjecture but without evidence, they arent science.
Other peoples opinions presented in the form of quotes are not evidence against the theory of evolution. They are merely opinions, and all people have opinions, which turn out to be false. So lets stick to the facts.
I said type out your graphic and then post it in YOUR OWN THREAD, and then ping me.
So you do not have problem with any of these 14 points?
I said post it in YOUR OWN THREAD and then ping me.
These questions are relevant to this thread.
If you need to take some time to conduct a little research I understand.
Thanks for the ping!
GGG has spoken.
Your lack of words speaks volumes.
Thats ok take some time, do the research. I am sure these questions will pop up again.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.