Skip to comments.Barack Obama’s massive Middle East mea culpa
Posted on 06/04/2009 11:19:46 AM PDT by markomalley
- Obama attacked the decision to go to war in Iraq - "a war of choice" - it "reminded America of the need to use diplomacy and build international consensus to resolve our problems whenever possible" etc, without even mentioning the fact Saddam Hussein was failing to comply with several Security Council resolutions. This was completely gratuitous, wrong and unnecessary. There are still over 100,000 American troops fighting in Iraq, and this kind of message will only serve to undermine morale. As President, Obama should have paid tribute to his own soldiers who are putting their lives on the line everyday in a war against Al-Qaeda-backed insurgents. The United States does not need to apologise for removing a brutal dictator from power and liberating over 20 million Muslims from tyranny.
-Obama did not address the scale of the Iranian threat, or Iran's support for terrorism, or UN sanctions against Iran. Obama made no mention of the fact Iran is arming, funding and training some of the terrorist groups in southern Iraq responsible for killing American and British troops.
- The president drew a hugely controversial parallel between Jewish suffering in the Holocaust with the current plight of the Palestinians.
- Obama used the word "occupation" to describe the Palestinian refugee camps, a term more commonly used by Israel-hating UN or EU officials when attacking Israel.
- Once again the president brought up the Guantanamo/torture issue in front of an international audience, part of a ritual exercise in self-loathing that has become a hallmark of the Obama administration.
- Obama did not once use the words "terrorist", "terrorism" or "Islamist". When you are waging a global war, you have to identify who you are fighting against - in this case the free world is fighting against...
(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.telegraph.co.uk ...
obozo’s (rahmbo) rope-a-dope
Yep. 2008 = the year the media died.
Our street agitator president (SAP)
Obama Bonds With Arab Street
Take out Saddam or get another 9-11. Easy choice.
This is disgusting...... Now I understand the Roman army policy of utterly removing all traces of an enemy. Removing all references in text, removing all buildings, salting the earth so nothing ever grows there.
This Presidents name is destined to become synonymous with the worst of American politics and on the level of dog poop.
It is said that he can oonly be separated from his Fraudi Arabian master with a crowbar..
Rush is calling them the state controlled media.
(SCM) I supposed that's pronounced scam or scum
It was the usual Obama Marxist drivel, but that comment that any world order in which one nation is more important than another will fail, scares me. Big time. This cult-leader President of ours is DANGEROUS.
I noticed he called it the “holy” Koran. Has he ever referred to the Bible as “holy”? A book (or anything) is only “holy” to those who view it so.
I believe that the Office of the President of the United States is vacant at the moment. He hasn't demonstrated that he is constitutionally qualified to serve in that office and until that happens, we have a pretender.
When is a representative of Islam going to apologize for the rape, murder and conquest of Christians and their lands? When do we get Constantinople back?
What scares me is all the people in the US who will convert to islam because President Tut was one, and still is.
Should we expect more shootings like we did in Little Rock?
(1) copyright 1964; all rights reserved
(2) used by the Arab savages as fodder for fake outrage
That was an isolated “senseless act of violence” that had no other context beyond that single incident.
And one more thing.
Is America more important than some other nations. Damn right. We and our allies saved Western Civilization — more than once. We’ve liberated the oppressed, fed the hungry, and been the Light on the Hill. The remains of our young warriors are spread around this globe, and they died to protect, not to conquer. Is the United States of America head and shoulders above the rest? I think so.
The world is turned upside down
I agree. What has the Middle East ever given the rest of the world. Oil is the only thing I can think of and we developed that for them.
Does anyone know how all Obama’s trips compare to the trips by other Presidents during their first 6 months in office? Seems like he is constantly going somewhere; and changing it to us. Not a good time for these budget busting trips, not to mention the dates to NY!