If China were any more powerful (for example, if it had anti-missile shields), how long would any smart investor want hold onto US currency? Considering how competitive China is, and how much it would like to be the world's #1, why wouldn't they dump the US dollar? Probably because this would start an immediate war with Beijing being nuked and the global media machine blaming the Chinese. I'm no fan of Communism, but selling US debt to foreigners means that we have foreign masters (that's wrong). Intimidating investors is equally wrong. Is it any wonder that nuclear blackmail by bellicose nations and global crime syndicates will come back to haunt us?
The supposed tax money raised from anti-global warming laws will go straight to the pockets of politicians. There won't be a “green” economy. Rather, our highways will have the same result as that of Cubans keeping their 1950s American made autos running. The difference is that we're more likely to be driving Toyota's and Honda's instead of any Detroit-made crap on wheels.
A warm world is a scary world for tyrants because a warm world produces more food. Tyrants don't want people to be well fed and in control of their own appetites and wills. Tyrants want the price of food to rise astronomically because this will enslave the populous to the tyrant's will and whims.
Expect the DNC to swindle all farmland next.
Many theorists and theologists equate Emperor Nero to the horrors of the beast in Revelations. Is it any wonder that the similarities of today's tyranny mirrors the horrors warned in Revelations? We might think that evil follows the Greek tragedy of Pandora's box—a gateway opened between hell and earth where evil is released to do harm. By a different examination, Revelations shows how evil cannot operate outside the box. Thus, by their fruit we shall know who the wicked are. The fruit Americans (and the rest of the world) will be eating is starvation: Rev. Chapter 6, Verse 6, Footnote 6 (NAB)
As difficult as the reality is concerning this very real possibility, one has to ask why an entire nation has turned to such a disastrous mindset. Why are we slitting our economic and industrial jugular? Why the hell did we vote for these devils in the flesh?
The answer is too simple, yet it explains our human weakness thoroughly: because we want to get high, get laid, and have a slave do the hard work while we parasite off the weak.
The DNC has catered to this human weakness very effectively and the media/propaganda machine is its willing servant. America has fallen to the same politics given to the world by both the Soviets and the Nazis.
You got a mouse in your pocket, or was that a "royal" we?
We are seeing the results of school integration, and the degradation of our youth. Not to sound totally racist (maybe just 99% or less), but the hood got expanded, and the lagging black students were used as an excuse to dumb down the rest of the kids. Look at the public school results from todays classes. We do a good job with "feelings", though.
Now, we import Indian (dots, not feathers) engineers, and travel there for medical procedures on the cheap, because many are better trained than ours, yet work cheaper at home. We are getting dumber students yearly, with higher union costs attached. We use Latino invaders to sweep our floors and paint our houses, and our Pols reward them with our kids piggy banks.
Our manufacturing base was decades old when WW2 came along, and we built cheap places to build stuff, and cheap ways to get it there. Following that war, we spent OUR money to rebuild our enemies factories with modern stuff... hmmmm
China is playing the same game it always has. It will probably be doing it tomorrow. I can't say the same for Amerika!
The Art of War (excerpt) by General Sun Tzu (attributed):
18. All warfare is based on deception.
19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.
22. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.
24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
25. These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand.
26. Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose...(complete translation)
I have an obscure fascinating book titled "You Can't Do Business With Hitler" - written by a German businessman shortly before WWII. In it he details the profound depths of German national debt and the intricate convolutions implemented to cover it up*, and observes that the only way out of such a situation would be a global-scale war - which, obviously, happened.
National bankruptcy is always resolved in a manner which is never pretty; hyperinflation or war, pick one.
(* - One scheme that sticks with me was negotations to pay large-scale debts to Brazil with delivery of train engines, which would take so long to deliver that once the recipients discovered they were junk the issue wouldn't matter to whoever negotiated the deal.)