Skip to comments.Duke Professors Condemn Gay Racism [exceedingly delicate parody]
Posted on 07/01/2009 4:51:10 AM PDT by Kaslin
Authors Note - In response to my last two columns, 88 Duke University professors have issued a joint statement condemning gay racism at Duke. The professors wanted to shed light on the gay Duke Administrator accused of molesting his black adopted son. They believe his actions must be seen as one part of a larger set of pathologies at Duke. Their statement follows in its entirety:
We are listening to our students. Were also listening to the Durham community, to Duke Staff, and to each other. Regardless of the results of the police investigation, what is apparent everyday now is the anger and fear of many students who know themselves to be objects of gay racism; who see illuminated in this moments extraordinary spotlight what they live with every day. They know that it isnt just Duke, it isnt everybody, and it isnt just individuals making this disaster.
But it is a disaster nonetheless. These students are shouting and whispering about what happened to this young boy and to themselves:
We want the absence of terror But we dont really know what that means We cant think. Thats why were so silent; we cant think about what on the other side of this. Terror robs you of language and you need language for healing to begin.
This is not a different experience for us here at Duke University. We go to class with gay racist classmates, we go to gym with gay people who are racists Its part of the experience.
If it turns out that this administrator is guilty, I want him fired. But his firing will only bring resolution to this case and not the bigger problem. This is much bigger than him and throwing him out will not solve the problem. I want the administration to acknowledge what is going on and how bad it is.
Being a big, black man, its hard to walk anywhere at night, and not have a campus police car slowly drive by me. What about the gay administrators at Duke University? No one seems to follow them.
Everything seems up for grabsI am only comfortable talking about this event in my room with close friends. I am actually afraid to even bring it up in public. But worse, I wonder now about everything If something like this happens to my child What would be used against me the way I dressed him? Would the fact that I hired a gay babysitter matter?
I was talking to a white woman student who was asking me, Why do peopleand she meant black peoplemake race such a big issue? They dont see race or gay racism. They just dont see it.
What Does a Social Disaster Sound Like?
You go to a party, you get grabbed, you get propositioned by a gay man, and then you start to question yourself.
No one is really talking about how to keep the young child himself central to this conversation, how to keep his humanity before us he doesnt seem to be visible in this.
And this is what we, the Straight 88, are thinking right nowDuke isnt really responding to this. Not really. And this, what has happened, is a disaster. This is a social disaster. The students know that the disaster didnt begin on June 25th when Frank Lombard was arrested. And it wont end with what the police say or the court decides. Like all disasters, this one has a history. And what lies beneath what were hearing from our students are questions about the future.
Were turning up the volume in a moment when some of the most vulnerable among us are being asked to quiet down while we wait. To the students speaking individually and to the protestors making collective noise, thank you for not waiting and for making yourselves heard.
We thank the following departments and programs for signing onto this ad with African & African American Studies: Romance Studies; Psychology: Social and Health Sciences;
Franklin Humanities Institute; Critical U.S. Studies; Art, Art History, and Visual Studies;
Classical Studies; Asian and African Languages and Literature; Womens Studies; Latino/a Studies; Latin American and Caribbean Studies; Medieval and Renaissance Studies; European Studies; and the Center for Documentary Studies. Because of space limitations, the names of individual faculty and staff who signed on in support may be read at the AAAS website: http://www.duke.edu/web/africanameric/.
Geez, now ‘gay’ is separate race. These morons are pathetic.
In all of this; no one listens to GOD?
“Gay racism”?? I didn’t realize there was a gay race. WOW! I learn something new every day...
So this fag molests a child -but the ‘Bigger Issue’ is campus discrimination against homos?
How twisted does your brain have to be to come up with this crap?
Was this Duke EMPLOYEE one of those who took out a full page ad against the Lacrosse players? Did he sign the statement condemning them? WHERE IS THE FULL PAGE AD DENOUNCING THIS *ACTUAL* RAPE OF A CHILD?
Were there not 88 profs at Duke who condemned the Duke lacrosse team during that dust up with the stripper, immediately after allegations were made by the young lady - who turned out to be a liar?
The number sounds familiar to me.
Hmmm. I would change that last step.
Most folks are not going to get this.
Obviously; it wasn't a PROFESSOR that titled this thread.
Racism AMOUNG gays would be more accurate.
Why don't the Feds go through this queer community kicking in doors and burning down the houses the way they do when it's a Christian group?
Frankly, I find it very strange that this "Eno Commons Community" where these gay freaks all live with 20 other slave children had an adult-child "secret pal week" event that ran through Valentines day?
From the enocommons.org website:
"Secret Pal brings neighbors together...
Seven years ago they started the Secret Pal week tradition to celebrate Valentine's Day at Eno Commons.
The goal of Secret Pal week is to promote interaction between adults and kids. Adults are asked to volunteer to be a secret pal and are matched with a child. During the week leading up to Valentine's Day, the adults give their secret pal children little gifts and clues, but the adults keep their identity a secret. At the end of the week, the kids prepare the brunch.
It is fun watching the kids huddling together trying to guess who their secret pal is. Can you think of a better way to connect kids with adults?
Evidently, they have other ways of connecting adults to kids there.
Gay racism = adopting a Black child to sexually abuse
I agree - step 4 would be much, much different outcome and would involve NO questioning of myself.
I think the author has some questions for himself...
>>> Geez, now gay is separate race. <<<<
Is that what they’re saying?
I read the first couple paragraphs and stopped.
The concepts are incoherent.
Homosexual is a “race”?
Genesis 13:13 Nowthe men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the LORD.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and
4. Before they had gone to bed,
Psalms 12:8 The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape.....
This story is so bizarre, at first I wondered if it was satire.
Did these same peopel come out against “Lacrosse Player Racism” after they were accused? Or did they immediately convict them as guilty?
I think these people should be fired and if you send your child to Duke university you are stupid.
That's just got to SUCK out loud. I can't imagine it. On the other hand, this man's 20 million or so racial brethren (so to speak) have earned that kind of attention, so he's going to pay for it, unfortunately. I'd be looking to reform my "brothers" so that this crap stopped, and the only time cops stopped me would be to tell me how much they admire black people.
... or am I missing something here as well?
Smoke and mirrors.
Its not about race.
It is about PERVERSION.
As long as we continue to “tolerate” homosexuality and allow the homofacist to push their perveted agenda on society these things will continue to happen.