You’ve just got to quit with the State of the Shamwow...I spit iced tea all over my screen. LOL!
10 Questions for Obama from Jonathan Martin and Josh Gerstein at Politico:
1) Is it still realistic that both chambers of Congress will pass health care bills before their summer recess in August? And how worried are you that missing the deadline could endanger your hopes of getting a bill this year?
2) Who are you referring to when you cite, as you did in your radio address last week, those special interests in health care who make the same old arguments and use the same scare tactics? And whats the difference between honest objections to a massive overhaul of the U.S. health care system and what you consider obstructionism?
3) You have sought to focus attention on Sen. Jim DeMints comments alluding to the political benefit for the GOP in blocking health care reform, but its mostly Democratic members of Congress whom your own political apparatus is targeting in TV ads now on the air. Why havent you been more successful in convincing members of your own party on this issue so far, and how does DeMint figure into your effort to lobby Democrats?
4) You said during the campaign that you would negotiate the health care bill on C-SPAN. But now you won’t even release the names of health care executives who visit the White House for what are closed-door discussions. How do you reconcile what you said during the campaign with your approach now?
5) On Monday you said that folks on Wall Street dont feel any remorse for taking all these risks; you dont get a sense that theres been a change of culture and behavior as a consequence of what has happened.” What do you think Wall Street needs to do to show remorse and to change its culture? And isnt the problem with the economy right now not some Wall Streeters getting bonuses, but the fact that the recession is much tougher and deeper than even your administration projected?
6) Attorney General Eric Holder is considering appointing an independent prosecutor to investigate alleged abuses of detainees during the Bush era. When the White House was asked about this, officials repeated your mantra that the country should look forward, not back. Whats your view about when its appropriate for the White House to send signals to the Justice Department about what action it should take regarding a criminal investigation?
7) In announcing the delay of up to six months in the report on detainee policy, White House officials said the issues were hard and complicated and that you wanted them to get this right. Werent they hard and complicated when you set the deadline earlier this year? What has changed? And are you still committed to closing Guantanamo Bay prison by January?
8) Your secretary of state recently compared the North Korean regime to attention-craving adolescents. Do you agree with that assessment, and either way, how do you plan to proceed toward reining in North Koreas missile program?
9) Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was recently arrested by Cambridge police at his own home. Now the African-American scholar said he plans to use the experience to focus attention on racial profiling and the black experience in the criminal justice system. Do you think Gates was justified in accusing the police of harassing him for being a black man in America?
10) Do you still plan on joining a Washington-area church and attending services?
can we get a Obama under a “Mission Accomplished” banner while wearing Rahm’s tutu photoshopped for this one? How ironic would that be?
The 8 pm recap of the Tour de France will be on in the Gator household tonight!
Saving a seat ;-)
I suppose he’s going to be planting his questions again.
"Let me be clear"
What a liar.
Question: can he run a .com web site, and put stuff out on White House stationery, etc. and not be in violation of laws? Is he not using his presidential office for a business with the .com nonsense?
place...to see how Freepers are reacting....I cannot watch...toilets to clean.
Good evening Kristinn and ALL..
Got into a little debate this afternoon with some mis-informed Mass libs about Obamacare because a few had already seen the writing on the wall from Mass BC/BS and were not happy!
Me and a few co-workers told them it wasn’t good...they were interested and I think it sunk in, yes even in LIBERAL MASSACHUSETTS....patriots are speaking out! Yahooo!
Fox saying Obama will PERSONALLY ATTACK Bill Krystal, live on National television!!!!
I refuse to watch the boy king, but will follow along on the thread for the few and brave. Our TV’s will be on the Fox channel.