Skip to comments.US Joins Condemnation For Evicting Arab Squatters
Posted on 08/03/2009 10:46:12 AM PDT by Karliner
IsraelNN.com) Israel is isolated. The United States and others have strongly condemned a domestic decision, which has been confirmed by various courts all the way up to the Supreme Court, evicting long-time Arab squatters from property that is not theirs.
The property in question is located in the northeastern Jerusalem neighborhood of Shimon HaTzaddik, also known as Sheikh Jarrah. Though the property has been owned by a Sephardic Jewish organization for over 120 years, Arabs were placed there by Jordan following its conquest of Jerusalem in 1948. "We know the justness and truthfulness of what we are doing. This is the Jewish homeland, and we have come home.
Over the course of the past ten years, Jewish groups have actively sought to restore the Jewish character of the neighborhood - which also features the traditional gravesite of the Talmudic sage Simon the Just (Shimon HaTzaddik). The focus of their activity is in the courts, where they have proven to more than 15 judges in various courts, according to one activist, that the properties are theirs.
In addition, the source told Israel National News, the squatters have done all they could to show that they deserve no protection from the law. They have not paid rent, they have rioted, they have built illegally, they have presented forged documents and they even include among their number some who have been in prison for security crimes!
Several properties were evacuated of their illegal squatters on Sunday morning, and some of them are already populated by young Jewish families; more volunteers, including singles and families with young children, are required
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
If ANY Jewish person was fooled by this guy( remember his dopey speeches and the Rich Warren debate in which he was schooled) now is the time to WAKE UP! I'm not a biblical scholar but this has been prophecied ...I'd say all of us knew sooner of later the US would cut ties( not all yet) but sans American people having a say so?? Please read the whole article; it's a safe link. This reminds me of the historical days the UScut off the oil supply to Japan during the Manchurian war( way different logic though) and by starving Japan they attacked. I'm willing to say, Iran bombing, maybe even Syria is imminent..just don't know when. This is a MAJOR clusterfrak.
Amen. We are in imminent danger.
obamanation is an evil, anti-American (including Jewish) fascist.
We are too consistently coming up on the wrong side of issues.
INCREDIBLE! The moral depth we have sunk to!! Record speed, too!
Send the squatters to the President’s mansion in Chicago to live.
The streets have already been blocked off.
The Obama Admin is truly Anti-Semitic....but what do you expect from the Muslim Kenyan-Indonesian....
Where was Obama’s condemnation a few years ago when 10,000 Jews were forced from their lawful homes in Gaza?
We don’t know how close we are to the prophesy in Zech 14:2a, but we can already see the noose of the nations tightening around Israel’s throat.
The Dragon of Anti-Semitism is once again prowling the earth and is being welcomed in many places.
Little Israel tops the list for the “nation that is the greatest danger to world peace”.
In the western academic world and in European Labor movements they continue to try to organize boycotts against Israel. Israel acting in self defense is branded a war criminal and the threats of Iran, Hamas and Hizbullah to annihilate Israel are either ignored or cheered. The Palestinians in both word and deed refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of Israel as a nation, yet Israel is supposed to uproot its own people living on their God given land and help in the creation of yet another Arab/Moslem/terrorist state.
No idea what the timeline is. Sorry for being so “mystical” but this whole one-sided nastiness from Obummers and Foggy Bottom is going to create more war, not less. He has no idea what he’s doing...just a sh*t fly dropping his claws in a pile,smelling it to kingdom come...until His kingdom comes...dang he just needs to stop and THINK!.....or maybe he already has.
1. There has never, in the whole history of the area known today as Palestine, been a Palestinian Arab state. Palestine, between the river Jordan and the Mediterranean, has been ruled, since the Arab invasion in the seventh century, by Bedouin, Christian Crusaders, Mamelukes, Turks, and finally, from 1919 to 1948, by the British. The area has generally been an outlying province, as during the four and a half centuries of Turkish rule which preceded the British Mandate. Historical Palestine included an area east of the river Jordan, which has been part of the Emirate, and later Kingdom of Jordan, since 1921. It could be argued that this is the only Palestinian Arab "state" which has ever existed
2. Because there has never been any other Palestinian state, there has not until very recently been a well-defined Palestinian national identity. The Palestinians Arabs can hardly be blamed for this; they have been subjected to continual invasion and alien rule.
In addition, they were a very small community, probably less than 480,000 in all, up to the time of the British Mandate. Arabs conventionally regarded the area in which they lived as "southern Syria".
3. The principal failure of the Palestinian Arabs to create a well-developed sense of national identity occurred during the period of the British Mandate. The Jewish community established its own institutions and its own instinct for nationhood during this period. The Palestinian Arabs did not, although they roughly doubled in numbers thanks to Jewish immigration and increased material prosperity under British rule
4. The 1947 United Nations Partition Plan gave the Palestinian Arabs a state of their own. Not only did they reject the UN Plan, but after joining in a war waged against Israel by the armies of five outside Arab countries, they made no attempt to set up a state of their own when the fighting ended. The Arabs of the West Bank accepted occupation and annexation by the Kingdom of Jordan, while the Arabs of the Gaza Strip were placed under Egyptian military occupation. Significantly, it is precisely in these areas that it is now proposed to set up a Palestinian "mini-state".
5. Between 1949, when armistice agreements were signed between Israel and her Arab neighbors, and 1967, when the West Bank and the Gaza Strip fell into Israeli hands, neither Jordan nor Egypt made any serious attempt to encourage a Palestinian national identity or to give the Palestinian Arabs even the kernel of a state of their own. Not a word was said about the Palestinian Arabs right of self-determination, save in so far as it concerned the right claimed by Palestinian Arab refugees to return to their old homes.
[i]6. The existing Arab states, equally, have made no serious attempt to set up or sponsor a Palestinian government-in-exile. This could have been done at any time after 1949, and it could have developed a political philosophy and an understanding of governmental aims, methods and institutions.
To sum up, one can say that the Palestinians Arabs showed little ability to evolve a full and normal national consciousness, and the outside Arab world showed singularly little interest in them and no desire to give them the help and advice, which they needed so badly.
This failure of the Arab world to look after "its own" had nothing to do whatever with the Israelis. It was a projection of the previous history of the Palestinians within the Arab world, and of a basic lack of Arab unity.
I sometimes wonder if tht would be such a bad thing.
...I'm for conservation of whales, Polar bears, seals, snakes in the everglades. The Earth and the life on Earth will go on until the Sun becomes Big Red Giant, billions of years from now. I'm eating animal flesh, vegetation, fruits and herbs for dinner. I'm not caring about it tonight...
...Ask me when carrion for Turkey Vultures tomorrow..
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
In other developments, Resident Barack Hussein Obama strongly condemned a traffic ticket issued by Sar Mishtara Amitz Gever to Arab truck driver Ahmed ibn Atiya alSukouri alFahmi. Said Resident Obama, “Officer Gever is jeopardizing the piece process with his pre-emptive ticket writing. This motorist is a proud Arab, and should have been written up by an Arab officer for a fine under the Jordanian penal code, payable in Jordanian currency.” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was quick to defend the officer’s issuance of the ticket, explaining that he had made a left turn against the traffic light, thereby risking a serious accident. Furthermore, Netanyahu countered that “This is the united city of Jerusalem, and if an Arab motorist feels his oats just because a Jew is writing him a ticket, too friggin’ bad. Will the Resident of the United States please just shut up and get out of our faces? Let him cancel our ‘special relationship,’ cut off diplomatic relations, financial and military assistance—let him just declare war on us already! This is idiocy!”
Officer Gever could be reached for comment, even called us up and offered to tell us his side of things, but we at MSMBS news couldn’t be bothered with such details. The man he gave the ticket to was a Palestinian, isn’t he? So that means he’s in the right.
Resident Obama denied that he was planning to declare war on Israel at this time.
That’s our Boy.
Ha ha ...more to come on this breaking story? Maybe a sit down with some fermented camels milk at Camp David with peace on the way?