Skip to comments.Five Reasons to Oppose ObamaCare (Our Health System, Economy and Values Will Be Destroyed)
Posted on 08/31/2009 4:58:31 AM PDT by IbJensen
The reasons to oppose Obamacare are almost endless, but here are enough of them to give you the perspective you may need.
1. President Obama wanted this bill passed before the August recess. But, his answers to town hall questions demonstrate he hasnt even thought the issues through and doesnt have the foggiest idea about how the final bill should shape up. For example, when a student asked him about how private insurers can compete on a level playing field with a government insurer, Obama went into a long discourse about how the level playing field should be maintained. But, the discussion made it clear that this was a theoretical answer, one without the specifics that must go into legislation. If the final answer were ready in August before the recess, the president would have had specifics from the actual documentation and not have had to resort to a series of criteria that should be applied in drafting the legislation. He wants legislation now, but, intellectually, hes still floating around in theory. Legislation demands precise language, not professorial pontification and hot air. It is clear the president and the Democratic Congress are trying to sell healthcare reform without understanding what should go into it and without saying what actual and specific provisions will, in fact, go into it. Its time to slow the whole process down and figure out the legislation before ramming through the legislation.
2. The president is pushing a massive reconfiguration of about one-fifth of the American economy, in one of the most complex and difficult maneuvers in history. He has an army of advisors, yet he has demonstrated he doesnt know which end is up when it comes to the health-care system. To put it more bluntly, he has demonstrated total incompetence. For example, he used the infamous example of the doctor extracting a childs tonsils so he could make a big surgical fee rather than taking a more conservative approach. This shows he has no understanding of how the healthcare system works. First, a pediatrician who would look at the childs tonsils would not extract them. The pediatrician would refer the child to a surgical specialist. Second, unnecessary surgery is not a big driver of health delivery costs. Obamas tonsils fiasco is not the exception, but the rule expressing his lack of understanding of how the health-delivery system works. He made the same mistake later using the example of the diabetic who goes to his doctor, and the doctor recommends an amputation to get a surgical fee that might be $30,000 to $50,000. The fee for recommending diet, exercise and lifestyle changes would be miniscule in comparison, according to the Obama account. But, here again, the President proves he is incompetent on healthcare, without understanding the most elementary relationships. The general practitioner, the internist, or diabetolgist doesnt do surgery. He would refer the patient to a surgeon. Furthermore, the President said the doctor would make a fee of $30,000 to $50,000 for the amputation, an amount that may be off by a factor of as much as 71 times. The fee is much closer to about $700 to $1,200. What makes this most disturbing is that you would think after the tonsil gaffe the President would have educated himself on the matter or be educated by his advisors. So, the incompetent keeps making the same mistake. He doesnt know what hes talking about and isnt even learning from his big mistakes. This incompetent wants to pass this 1000-page-plus bill on a tight deadline, without even understanding the bill or the basics of our healthcare delivery system. The greatest genius in history could not produce a bill involving our healthcare delivery system in such a hurry and this incompetent is certainly not capable of doing so, in a hurry or otherwise. Obamas behavior and proposals suggest he is in over his head and is just winging it in a most dangerous fashion. If he doesnt slow down, the American people better slow him down and in a hurry. He threatens to do permanent damage to health delivery, to our economy, and to our nation.
3. It is now well known that important legislation such as the stimulus bill has been passed with Congressmen voting yes who havent even read the bill. And, one leading Democrat in the House, John Conyers, has admitted he couldnt read such a 1000-page-plus bill if he wanted to. He said it would take him two days and two lawyers to read and understand the bill and left the clear impression he wasnt even going to try. Of course, another member of Congress made it clear that some of these bozos dont understand the bill even when they did read it. For example, Senator Claire McCaskill (D-Missouri), when asked about taxpayer payment of abortions, replied that abortion wasnt even mentioned in the bill. This shows that she doesnt know how to even read the bill because there are cases where if an item is not mentioned, in this case, abortion, it is likely that it would be covered. The coverage of policies would be dictated by an administrative body created by the bill. In an Obama administration, they would almost certainly include abortion, as that is one of Obamas highest constitutional values. Whats more, there is authority and precedent for holding that if abortion isnt specifically excluded, then it is covered. Recently Cardinal Justin Rigali of Philadelphia sent a letter to the House of Representatives raising objections to the current House healthcare legislation, as it provides power to mandate abortion coverage at taxpayer expense. (See The Bulletin, August 23-29, 2009.) When the 111th session of Congress passes bills without reading them it is time not only to slow down, but, better yet, to stop altogether.
4. Glen Beck, a Fox Cable News host, had an excellent program on understanding Obamas approach to healthcare. He started by quoting Obamas statement that if you wanted to understand his economic policy, you look to the people he associates with on those issues, and he cited Warren Buffet and Paul Volcker. On foreign policy, he said he associates with Vice President Biden and Senator Lugar (R-Indiana). With that introduction, Beck, in his program, then cataloged some of Obamas advisors, associates, czars and appointees on healthcare. They include people who support forced abortion, various ideas on putting a value on life, rationing care, and various other ideas, some on the nutty side. But, for some reason, Beck put little emphasis on others of Obamas lifelong associates, which include a parade of socialists, communists, terrorists, racists, bigots and hate-America types. He also omitted the one healthcare-related issue on which Obama has the clearest record and on which he has made one of his few legislative stands. While an Illinois state senator, Obama opposed legislation that would outlaw infanticide. He not only opposed the bill, but also was the only legislator to speak out in opposition to it. So, his support of infanticide surely reveals something about his solution to healthcare costs. He also had one of the most pro-abortion records of anyone in the U.S. Senate. He never voted for any restriction on abortion, however slight and reasonable-such as parental notification. I think that tells you more about his values and approach to healthcare than some of the specific views of his close advisors.
5. There is one other important point to put Obamacare into perspective. It is only one piece of an attempt to socialize the American economy and to expand government to a gargantuan size, never seen before or even contemplated in American history. Obamacare itself, most fundamentally, is not about healthcare, but is about government control of every American. There is another important aspect of Obamacare. It will further drive up the deficit and the debt, and further jeopardize the well-being of the American economy. Also remember that a collapsing economy will make a government insurer ever more likely to ration healthcare. This happens wherever you have socialized medical systems. It is now going on in Canada and the United Kingdom. Whats even worse, when a nation incurs unsustainable debt, it can lead to the rise of radicalism, fascism, Nazism, or some other totalitarian variant. The Obama program is putting our economy at risk and America, as we know it, at risk.
Communists go after the young,dumb,lazy first and never give up and use a new path every year.
Tell those pushing for health care reform to get back with us after they pass TORT REFORM.
Trail lawyers like John Edwards is major reason health care cost have skyrocketed.
If the demos are really serious about affordable health care, they’ll talk seriously about tort reform too. I just don’t see them doing that.
Obama is a puppet controlled by George Soros and the unions.
Drudge has slipped in a sliver of good news on his site this morning, though I’m sure it’ll get its own thread when the results are out in about an hour:
RASMUSSEN POLL: Obama Approval New Low at 46%... Developing...
PS I give the work of the Beck/Palin/Limbaugh triumvirate last week credit for at least a point of the slippage.
Hopefully not 'too.' Tort reform only and into the shredder with the 1,080 paged nonsense written by a gaggle of appointed communists.
The stimulus 'package' needs to be halted in its tracks and the 'money' returned to the taxpayers.
The good news..they just keep acoming!
Glenn Back's expose and hammering of the communists in the White House probably had something to do with it.
This week, Beck, Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, and the real leaders of the conservative movement, should go full out to hammer 0bama and his insane power grab attempt to take control of the internet.
There have been about twenty articles titled “Five reasons to Oppose ObamaCare” and, IMO, there are about 1,100 reasons to oppose it - one for every single page of this piece of crap legislation.
And, MOST Congresscritters STILL have not read the bill and STILL don’t know what’s in it, but they’ll call those of us who oppose it, Nazis, unAmerican and worse!!
In bizarro, loony LiberalLand, ad hominem attacks always trump speaking from a base of knowledge. The facts are this - our government is corrupt, perverted and no longer works as intended by the Founding Fathers and as memorialized by the Constitution. The Founding Fathers were brilliant men whose crowning achievement was the Constitution whose care they left to those with lesser ability.
Oh, but he does!! Who do you think his mentors were???
Great article!!! Obozo_debacleCare!!!
The O administration (such as it is) is one giant cluster f&^%$! It is rapidly reaching a critical mass... O is repeatedly proving himself so politically maladroit in a way and to an extent so far beyond all belief that he is handily making himself unelectable for the next national go-around.
However, be prepared for MSM and other Liberals supporters to force a colossal and manifestly treasonous coup to retain him a coup the likes of which has never been seen north of the Rio Grande.
Mark this.... it will come to violence before O will stand down in the next election... because, having so royally f*&^%d-up everything...he CANNOT be reelected legally, ever again!!! (and, I aint so sure it was legal the first time).
Americans have turned their country and its political process into something mirroring the least organized or socially cohesive third world s^&* hole.