Skip to comments.Top 10 Ridiculous Democrat Quotes on Health Care
Posted on 08/31/2009 8:18:06 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
1. I dont want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I dont mind cleaning up after them, but dont do a lot of talking. -- President Obama at an August 6 at a rally in Virginia
2. Theyre carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on health care. -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in an August 5 interview
3. What good is reading the bill if its a thousand pages and you dont have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill? -- Rep. John Conyers (Mich.) at the National Press Club, July 24
4. These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views -- but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (Md.), writing in USA Today, August 10
5. The last time I had to confront something like this was when I voted for the civil rights bill and my opponent voted against it. At that time, we had a lot of Ku Klux Klan folks and white supremacists and folks in white sheets and other things running around causing trouble. -- Rep. John Dingell (Mich.), on MSNBC
6. What were seeing right now is close to Brown Shirt tactics. -- Rep. Brian Baird, (Wash.) told a local newspaper
7. The last time I saw well-dressed people doing this, was when Al Gore asked me to go down to Florida when they were recounting the ballots, and I was confronted with the same type of people. -- Sen. Barbara Boxer (Calif.)
8. I hope people will take a jaundiced eye to what is clearly the Astroturf nature of so-called grassroots lobbying ... The Astroturf nature of grassroots lobbying, which is largely the term for, you know, this is manufactured anger. -- White House spokesman Robert Gibbs
9. Republicans and their allied groups -- desperate after losing two consecutive elections and every major policy fight on Capitol Hill -- are inciting angry mobs of a small number of rabid right-wing extremists funded by K Street lobbyists to disrupt thoughtful discussions about the future of healthcare in America taking place in congressional districts across the country. -- Democratic National Committee communications director Brad Woodhouse
10 (tie). These are nothing more than destructive efforts to interrupt a debate that we should have, and are having. They are doing this because they dont have any better ideas Its really simple: Theyre taking their cues from talk-show hosts, Internet rumor-mongerers and insurance rackets. -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.)
Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. -- Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.), responding to a town hall participant
-- HUMAN EVENTS is the news source President Reagan called his "favorite newspaper" and we still hold high the Reaganesque principles of free enterprise, limited government and, above all, a staunch, unwavering defense of American freedom.
If one carefully considers the significance of these remarks, one would see that there is no compromise with them. What you have here is the stuff civil wars are made of.
You forgot the old democrat standard:
This is the answer from a doctor and a politician, said Dean. Here is why tort reform is not in the bill. When you go to pass a really enormous bill like that the more stuff you put in, the more enemies you make, right? And the reason why tort reform is not in the bill is because the people who wrote it did not want to take on the trial lawyers in addition to everybody else they were taking on, and that is the plain and simple truth. Now, thats the truth.
These guys are going to get what they want. I think the political process is meaningless now. We are ruled.
If we socialize medicine, we should assign a particular doctor to each patient. Then, everyone who gets free FREE healthcare in the newly formed system should also get a free concert ticket to see Michael Jackson perform live.
Then run a lottery with BIG cash prizes, with a one dollar purchase price. The winner gets all the money, to be awarded to the first person to see either a doctor or Micheal Jackson performing live.
We can then use the money to bail out SS, because there will be no winner in the lottery...because the first to see either one will most likely be dead...
At the Glassboro NJ meeting, Rep Rob Andrews repeatedly told audience members who opposed the bill and who read to him, directly from the bill, “well, that’s not my interpretation.”
I’m thinking that on 9/12, we need to drag them out by the scruffs of their necks and throw their sorry butts down the steps of the Capitol and out onto the curb. They’ve forgotten exactly who’s boss!
You really should send this list to Bidens new website for fighting healthcare “myths”. It would be great!
This from the corrupt Rat party that says we won't get a debate on it because "We Won!".
“3. What good is reading the bill if its a thousand pages and you dont have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill? — Rep. John Conyers (Mich.) at the National Press Club, July 24”
“7. The last time I saw well-dressed people doing this, was when Al Gore asked me to go down to Florida when they were recounting the ballots, and I was confronted with the same type of people. — Sen. Barbara Boxer (Calif.)”
I call it a tie!!
Don’t bother to read the bill, and well-dressed people should be incarcerated, and not heard ;-)
Best of all time!
Sheila Jackson Lee: “Mr. Speaker, I rise in opposition to the 4th Amendment to the Constitution”
(the laughter was deafening)
Thanks, amusing post of the day, so far!
Baird made the top 6! LOL...
Truly. I mean, what else can be done? It’s the same as negotiating with foreign, murderous dictators - it just doesn’t work. The only thing they respect and fear is force. I don’t know when it will happen, but I don’t see a way around it. I don’t think we can peacefully separate from them. I think we’re beyond, “When in the course of human events ...” The question is, “What are we going to do about it?”
“What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.”
5. The last time I had to confront something like this was when I voted for the civil rights bill and my opponent voted against it. At that time, we had a lot of Ku Klux Klan folks and white supremacists and folks in white sheets and other things running around causing trouble. — Rep. John Dingell (Mich.), on MSNBC
Earth to Dingell, the KKK and Jim Crow laws were created by the Democrats. The 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed because of votes from Republicans. Robert Byrd (D-WV,KKK member) filibustered against it. Al Gore Sr (D-Tenn) and William Fullbright (D-Ark, Billy Clinton’s mentor) fought vehemently against it.
Brian Baird is 6th, but look who the first five are...
Here’s a question for ya: Are we looking at a “Brian Baird” problem, or are we looking at a “Brian Baird Staff” problem??
Yea, he’s in “good” company alright.
I don’t know that I could hang any of this on his staffers. This looks like it’s all him. If it had been a single stupid comment or gaffe that would be one thing, but he is proving to be as imbecilic as Plugs Biden.
Equal parts ignorance and arrogance...
11. “I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I’m doing is going to help them.”
- Eric Massa, D-NY
Kamikaze politicians (particularly ones who don’t know or care that what they are saying is self-contradictory) are dangerous.
I’ll wager Mazza would like to retract that insipid statement ;-)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.