Skip to comments.The Top 7 Most Embarrassing Town Hall Moments for Democrats
Posted on 09/01/2009 4:10:53 AM PDT by Kaslin
Sadly, for Republicans who have richly enjoyed watching Democrats getting a taste of their own medicine at town halls across the country, the August recess is winding down. Still, there are already so many memories. Humiliating, awful, scarring memories that are likely to still be haunting Democrats when November of 2010 rolls around.
7) Steny Hoyer vs. Don Jeror: Nancy Pelosi's condescending 2nd in command, Steny Hoyer, ran into a buzzsaw named Dan Jeror who, after emphasizing that he was a registered Democrat, got off one of the best lines of the summer so far:
"Why would you guys try to stuff a health care bill down our throats in three to four weeks when the President took six months to pick a dog for his kids?"
6) Carol Shea-Porter (D-NH) has a constituent removed from a town hall for asking her a question: Yes, Carol-Shea Porter actually had one of her own constituents, a retired policeman, hauled out of a meeting for daring to ask her a question. Apparently, he didn't have some sort of Willie Wonka style golden ticket that enables mere voters to speak in her presence. To add insult to injury, Carol-Shea Porter even made a snide comment as he was hauled away, "I do hope the movie theater can be a little quieter for you." It wasnt that great of a line. She should have just gone full Mary Antoinette on the guy and cackled, "Let him eat cake" while she rubbed her hands together and sneered.
5) Steny Hoyer and Nancy Pelosi take to USA Today to call protesters "un-American": Remember when dissent used to be "patriotic" and how courageous it used to be to "speak truth to power?" Well, those were the old days. Now that the Democrats are in charge, it's "un-American" to "speak the truth to power" and doing so is probably an indication that you're part of a potentially dangerous "angry mob."
4) Nancy Pelosi says town hall protesters are "Astroturf" and "carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on health care.":" Nothing cools down angry voters like having the Speaker of the House accuse them of being Nazis. Oh, and what better way for the "Astroturf" to blend in with the grassroots than to carry a Swastika to a meeting? That makes sense, right? At least Pelosi's moronic meandering did inspire Marine David Hedrick, during a memorable town hall rant, to quip: "If Nancy Pelosi Wants to find a Swastika, maybe the first place she should look is on the sleeve of her own arm."
3) A liberal fakes an attack on the Colorado Democratic Party headquarters: It's cheating a bit to include this one, but it's so good that it needs to make the list. After the Colorado Democratic Party headquarters was vandalized, "State Democratic Party Chairwoman Pat Waak initially blamed the vandalism on animosity surrounding the health care debate." Yet, it turned out that the perpetrator was a left-wing activist named Maurice Schwenkler. If this were the old Batman TV show and there were no such thing as Godwin's Law, Robin would be yelling out, "Holy Reichstag fire, Batman!"
2) Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee talks on the phone as a woman asks a question at a town hall event: If a movie tried to show a member of Congress, at a town hall meeting, yapping away on a cell phone while their constituent was trying to ask them a question, people would pan it as unrealistic. Yet, Sheila Jackson Lee actually did it and then later explained, "In Congress, we have to multi-task." Gee, where do the American people get this crazy idea that members of Congress aren't listening to them?
1)Kenneth Gladney is beaten by union thugs: A black man at a political rally was assaulted by white thugs who used racial epithets. The man was beaten so badly that he was forced to use a wheelchair and the response from liberals was...well, we're actually still waiting for a response. The conservative response was to start bringing guns to the town hall meetings. Since then, for the most part, the unions have decided to behave themselves. It's just more proof than an armed society is a polite society.
I think I would add the woman @ Specter’s town hall that yelled at him.
Dont forget Rep David Scott of GA yelling at a Doctor constituient who disagreed with him in public.
Specter has had the very best stuff.
Not quite a town hall, but he was nailed at NPR’s Nutroots debate; trying to lie out of both sides of his mouth.
It was so disgraceful, even the lefty that was debating him before this wacked out fringe group was apologizing for Arlen.
folks who arrive very early at town hall meetings only to find a line of folks wearing union shirts sufficient to fill the meeting. Then walking around the vicinity and finding a lot of out-of-district license plates on vehicles with Obama stickers.
The 35 year old Mom that told Spector, "You have awakened a sleeping giant".
The union thugs trying their intimidation tactics right on camera for all of America to see.
The many dignified Seniors who came to the meetings believing they would be heard, only to realize it was just a farce.
Steny Hoyer is hosting a Town Hall meeting in Waldorf today at 7 pm at North Point High School. 1,000 only admitted.
I will be there at 5 waiting to get in.
And don’t forget at least two events have had Dim fake doctor plants!
Claire McCaskill saying, “I don’t understand this, why are you yelling?”
# 6 is typical Democrat hypocrisy.
In 2005 ,CSP was shown the door at a GW Social Security event in Denver .
And she was outraged, outraged !!
” Carol Shea-Porter and Susan Mayer had tickets and were admitted to the event staged in an airplane hangar.
They even were allowed to stay through the entire show, despite the fact that they sat near the TV cameras and removed their sweaters to reveal red T-shirts that said, “Turn Your Back on Bush.”
” But when they left their seats to join the crowd on the floor as the president left the hangar, two burly guys grabbed them and gave them the bum’s rush.”
“We were there for the whole event, and they knew darn well that we didn’t disrupt anything,” said Shea-Porter. “We never opened our mouths the whole time.”
They left out Jim Moran and Howard Dean and the SEIU goons pimping Obamacare in Virginia’s 8th District:
“We won’t pay for murder! We won’t pay for murder!”
That was a great one too!
Real people taking on the machine.
At this time last year my wife was completely oblivious to politics. In November she got out there and voted for Sarah Palin.
Will you be able to get some pictures??
Say hello to Silvie if you see her.
I am takng my small digital camera and my videocam.
I think I can get in with the small camera I dont know if they will allow the videocam in the building. I dont want to lose my place in the line if they dont so I will leave it in the car and use it if I cannot get in.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.