Skip to comments.4 (MORE!) Americans die in Afghan bombing
Posted on 10/16/2009 3:47:46 AM PDT by MestaMachine
KABUL (AP) - The U.S. military says four American service members have been killed in a bombing in southern Afghanistan.
A U.S. statement Friday said that two of the service members were killed instantly in the blast and two others suffered fatal injuries in the same explosion.
The latest deaths bring to 25 the number of American troops killed in Afghanistan this month.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information.
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
"The latest deaths bring to 25 the number of American troops killed in Afghanistan this month."
It is ONLY October 16.
Is Iran supplying the explosives for these attacks. , They build their nuke and they supply IED’s while we si back and do nothing. Hope and Change arent working in foreign policy.
There were 40 American servicemen killed in Afghanistan between July and August, 43 between August 30 and October 1. 25 American Servicemen killed between September 30 and now, October 16.
We are on our way to surpassing last month which was the worst month for American deaths than in ALL of the preceeding years. The worst previous month for U.S. forces was in September 2008, when 26 were killed.
Since McChrystal has taken over in Afghanistan, our casualties have skyrocketed. He seems deaf and blind to the carnage he has inflicted on our Troops. The obama administration is killing us and McChrystal has helped him do it.
I was GOING to say, “immeasurably.” But we CAN measure, can’t we?
I should have known you’d be here before I pinged you.
Prayers for ALL our Servicemembers and their families.
Everyday another way...to lose!
7:20 AM EDT, no updates thus far.
I think it is a bunch of things that is causing this,
1. The overt weakness of our president. The enemy knows that he will cow tow to the international community, Human Rights Watch, UN, etc. That means they can do whatever they want.
2. Rules of Engagement. I know for a fact that you cannot fire on anyone or anything unless you actually SEE the person with gun in hand shooting at you. So if you are taking a barrage of fire from a house, and you can’t see whose firing at you too bad.
3. IF we changed the rules of engagement, let our military do what they are trained to do and had their backs, a larger presence could work. The Taliban are emboldened and take over the villages at night. They intimidate through death. They have no problem going in at night and killing a few locals to get their point across.
4. This insanity of the Democrats wanting the Afghans to take a more prominent role in their own defense. That is all well and good but the majority of the Afghanis are ILLITERATE!!! They cannot even sign their name.
5. Understand that the Taliban are not Afghanis they are a fanatical religious cult looking for power, to even insinuate that they could be part of the government just fuels them, it sends the message that they ARE winning!!
6. The Afghanis are not Iraqis, in the cities they are somewhat modern but the outskirts, they are nomadic and tribal, the war lords are like our Mayors, work with them but they need support. They are so war weary that they are just trying to survive.
This is just my opinion, from talking to people who have been there from the beginning to just recently.
Obama is an ASS but we all know that.
The blood is on his hands for his indecision. If he does not have the heart to do what needs to be done, then get them all out of there and live with the ramifications.
Even for sad news,,,
The way this war is being fought must be changed!(ROE),,,
Iran should be the main target,,,
These EFP’s all come from there,,,
Better F-16’s than M-16’s,,,
Waaay past time to burn the poppy fields and kill the
Sadly,,,That ain't gunna happen...
It’s a seasonal war. Enemy activity increases during the summer and plateaus around November/December before decreasing during the winter in much of the country. In warmer areas like Khost and out in the southwest it will remain fairly constant.
There are more friendly offensive operations than before. That means more contact, which sadly often means more friendly casualties.
My condolences to the families of these brave troops.
Obama should hang his head in shame.
“Another Obama delay, and families pray.”
Where are all the masses of left-wing peaceniks screaming at the top of their lungs about this ‘illegal, immoral’ war?
Oh, that’s right - a liberal is President now. My bad.
Hussain changed the Rules of Engagement to Vietnam era Verifies before shooting.
Our men are being killed.
Hussain is killing our troops to make some bigger point internationally.
What kind of pampered puff is he?
Fight it or GET OUT
In the mean time this shit for brains president ponders what to do about this war between holes 8 & 9 of the golf course and halftime of his pick up basketball game.
No hurry though, the rush is saved for shaking all the money out of the pockets of the American taxpayer.
When is America going to wake up to the take over of their country? Half are still singing Kum ba Yobama.
Sorry for the language in last post, just so angry with this president.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.