Skip to comments.
Leaping Back to the Founding, Part 1: The Left Really Reveals Its Hatred of the American Idea
David Horowitz's NewsReal Blog ^
| October 24, 2009
| David Swindle
Posted on 10/24/2009 7:10:08 PM PDT by HorowitzianConservative
In the campaign against Glenn Beck, one of the angles pursued in ad hominem smears against the popular Fox News host has been to play up his promotion of the work of conservative author W. Cleon Skousen.
I initially blogged about leftist internet magazine Salons Skousen hit piece here. At the time I had not read The 5000 Year Leap, the principle Skousen text which Beck had promoted. My post mainly focused on the ad hominem nature of the attack.
Now, having read Leap something even more troubling emerges: the book is fairly reasonable and in trying to label it a work of crackpot Salon is basically rejecting the American founding.
Leap is a useful introductory text for those unfamiliar with the basics of the US government and the principles of the founding. Its not a work of crackpot conspiracy thinking. I dont know if Skousens other works are they very well could be. But just because someone is off in crazy land on one subject does not mean every idea they put forth can be dismissed. And just because Beck embraces some of Skousens ideas it does not mean he should be smeared with some Skousens more far-out-there alleged arguments.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsrealblog.com ...
TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: 5000yearleap; bloggersandpersonal; cleonskousen; salon
Starting at NewsReal: a vigorous discussion about the American Idea. Come and join as it begins in the coming days.
My post mainly focused on the ad hominem nature of the attack.
Liberals are incapable of addressing a real argument hence their standard tactic of resorting to ad hominem attacks.
Last time I debated with a liberal I was able to provide facts that even she didn't dispute...so she just said I was narrow minded...for sticking to reality. Facts and truth didn't matter to her and they don't matter to liberals/progressives. It's why they embraced a candidate with no experience and no real ideas who simply espoused "change" without an substance.
posted on 10/24/2009 7:15:23 PM PDT
(To anger a conservative tell him a lie. To anger a liberal tell him the truth.)
They in a sense, don't know what they attack ( at least the useful idiots in the trenches ) ... all they know, they must oppose it, and hate what America stands for.
I would be bold enough to say and declare that America, and more to the point, that the US Constitution was a or is a LEGAL and LAWFUL agreement, and Convenient that was GOD breathed, and GOD inspired idea to bring freedom to mankind in a way to establish a nation that is set on those Principles of FREEDOM, that America is a nation that was founded on Christian Principles.
The US Constitution was and is a legal and lawful agreement and convenient between GOD, Citizens, and Government.
Just how the New Testament Convenient was a convenient and agreement between GOD and his saints, his people.
A great chapter in the bible to explain the legalities of the NEW convenient, is HEBREWS chapter 9.
Just take a look of the wonderful legal terms in this chapter.
I would go on and ask and challenge any lawyers, or even the lawyers at the Department of Justice to figure out the legal terms in HEBREWS chapter 9 between GOD and his people, his saints.
This is a wonderful legal explination of the legal terms of God's coventant.
Hebrews 9 (Amplified Bible)
1. NOW EVEN the first covenant had its own rules and regulations for divine worship, and it had a sanctuary [but one] of this world.(A)
2. For a tabernacle (tent) was erected, in the outer division or compartment of which were the lampstand and the table with [its loaves of] the showbread set forth. [This portion] is called the Holy Place.(B)
3. But [inside] beyond the second curtain or veil, [there stood another] tabernacle [division] known as the Holy of Holies.(C)
4. It had the golden [a]altar of incense and the ark (chest) of the covenant, covered over with wrought gold. This [ark] contained a golden jar which held the manna and the rod of Aaron that sprouted and the [two stone] slabs of the covenant [bearing the Ten Commandments].(D)
5. Above [the ark] and overshadowing the mercy seat were the representations of the cherubim [winged creatures which were the symbols] of glory. We cannot now go into detail about these things.
6. These arrangements having thus been made, the priests enter [habitually] into the outer division of the tabernacle in performance of their ritual acts of worship.
7. But into the second [division of the tabernacle] none but the high priest goes, and he only once a year, and never without taking a sacrifice of blood with him, which he offers for himself and for the errors and sins of ignorance and thoughtlessness which the people have committed.(E)
8. By this the Holy Spirit points out that the way into the [true Holy of] Holies is not yet thrown open as long as the former [the outer portion of the] tabernacle remains a recognized institution and is still standing,
9. Seeing that that first [outer portion of the] tabernacle was a parable (a visible symbol or type or picture of the present age). In it gifts and sacrifices are offered, and yet are incapable of perfecting the conscience or of cleansing and renewing the inner man of the worshiper.
10. For [the ceremonies] deal only with clean and unclean meats and drinks and different washings, [mere] external rules and regulations for the body imposed to tide the worshipers over until the time of setting things straight [of reformation, of the complete new order when Christ, the Messiah, shall establish the reality of what these things foreshadow--a better covenant].
11. But [that appointed time came] when Christ (the Messiah) appeared as a High Priest of the better things that have come and are to come. [Then] through the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with [human] hands, that is, not a part of this material creation,
12. He went once for all into the [Holy of] Holies [of heaven], not by virtue of the blood of goats and calves [by which to make reconciliation between God and man], but His own blood, having found and secured a complete redemption (an everlasting release for us).
13. For if [the mere] sprinkling of unholy and defiled persons with blood of goats and bulls and with the ashes of a burnt heifer is sufficient for the purification of the body,(F)
14. How much more surely shall the blood of Christ, Who [b]by virtue of [His] eternal Spirit [His own preexistent [c]divine personality] has offered Himself as an unblemished sacrifice to God, purify our consciences from dead works and lifeless observances to serve the [ever] living God?
15. [Christ, the Messiah] is therefore the Negotiator and Mediator of an [entirely] new agreement (testament, covenant), so that those who are called and offered it may receive the fulfillment of the promised everlasting inheritance--since a death has taken place which rescues and delivers and redeems them from the transgressions committed under the [old] first agreement.
16. For where there is a [last] will and testament involved, the death of the one who made it must be established,
17. For a will and testament is valid and takes effect only at death, since it has no force or legal power as long as the one who made it is alive.
18. So even the [old] first covenant (God's will) was not inaugurated and ratified and put in force without the shedding of blood.
19. For when every command of the Law had been read out by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of slain calves and goats, together with water and scarlet wool and with a bunch of hyssop, and sprinkled both the Book (the roll of the Law and covenant) itself and all the people,
20. Saying these words: This is the blood that seals and ratifies the agreement (the testament, the covenant) which God commanded [me to deliver to] you.(G)
21. And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and all the [sacred] vessels and appliances used in [divine] worship.
22. [In fact] under the Law almost everything is purified by means of blood, and without the shedding of blood there is neither release from sin and its guilt nor the remission of the due and merited punishment for sins.
23. By such means, therefore, it was necessary for the [earthly] copies of the heavenly things to be purified, but the actual heavenly things themselves [required far] better and nobler sacrifices than these.
24. For Christ (the Messiah) has not entered into a sanctuary made with [human] hands, only a copy and pattern and type of the true one, but [He has entered] into heaven itself, now to appear in the [very] presence of God on our behalf.
25. Nor did He [enter into the heavenly sanctuary to] offer Himself regularly again and again, as the high priest enters the [Holy of] Holies every year with blood not his own.
26. For then would He often have had to suffer [over and over again] since the foundation of the world. But as it now is, He has once for all at the consummation and close of the ages appeared to put away and abolish sin by His sacrifice [of Himself].
27. And just as it is appointed for [all] men once to die, and after that the [certain] judgment,
28. Even so it is that Christ, having been offered to take upon Himself and bear as a burden the sins of many once and [d]once for all, will appear a second time, not to carry any burden of sin nor to deal with sin, but to bring to full salvation those who are [eagerly, constantly, and patiently] waiting for and expecting Him.
posted on 10/24/2009 7:39:25 PM PDT
by American Constitutionalist
(There is no civility in the way the Communist/Marxist want to destroy the USA)
posted on 10/24/2009 7:44:36 PM PDT
by Dick Bachert
(THE 2010 ELECTIONS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT IN OUR LIFETIMES! BE THERE!!!)
I just got finished with the “5000 Year Leap”, and I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Should be required reading for ALL high school students. A precise and accurate summation of the philosophy behind the “American Idea” (which is probably why the left hates it and its author).
posted on 10/24/2009 7:49:45 PM PDT
by Wonder Warthog
( The Hog of Steel)
To: American Constitutionalist
I love the part about how a (last will and) Testament can’t be enacted until the death of the testifier is established. In the same way, it was necessary for Christ to die, for his bequest be given to us, that is the redemption. Very nice.
Thanks. Interesting post.
posted on 10/24/2009 8:08:50 PM PDT
To: American Constitutionalist
posted on 10/24/2009 8:10:31 PM PDT
(Dems, Libs, Socialists...Call 'em What you Will, They ALL have Fairies Living In Their Trees.)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson