1. Obama said he wants to establish a civilian national security force and, in doing so, further enlarge the federal government. Video here.
2. Obama said his energy policy will bankrupt coal companies that try to build new plants. Video here.
3. Obama said he will drastically cut defense spending, research and capabilities while our enemies and potential adversaries continue their own efforts. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) confirmed Obama is following through on the promise here. Video here.
4. Obama stood by and did nothing while his colleagues in the Democrat-controlled Congress voted to throw hundreds of billions of dollars at the nations recent economic meltdown while not taking responsibility for what caused it. Video here.
5. Obama said his campaign was and his administration will be free of the influence of lobbyists. Once in, all of that changed, according to a Fox News report. Obama broke this pledge early in his presidency with the nomination of William Lynn as deputy defense secretary. Lynn was registered until last July as a defense lobbyist for Raytheon Co., where he advocated for a range of military programs. Even though Obama did issue the ethics rules he promised on the campaign trail, he ended up issuing a waiver on Lynns behalf after senators threatened to hold up the nomination. Lynn was confirmed, and the administration continued to grant waivers for subsequent former lobbyists.
6. Obama promoted a culture of death by supporting so-called pro-choice legislation at every turn and counting Planned Parenthood as a strong and close ally. Continuing that line of thinking, federal funding of abortion is said to remain in the near-2,000-page health care reform bill now under consideration in Congress. Video here.
7. In his own voice and his own words, Obama reads from his memoir, Dreams From My Father, and expresses views that can only be viewed as hateful toward what he calls "white folks." Further, his wife Michelle plays the race card (video removed from YouTube), too.
8. Obamas friends in the mainstream news media tout him as a gifted orator, but when hes without his teleprompter, things look much different. See examples here.
9. Based on Obamas error-filled knowledge of the United States (i.e., he said he had traveled to 57 states), many find it hard to believe Obama graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School and was elected a U.S. senator. Now, theres even a coin collection to commemorate the Seven Mystery States.
10. Was it a gaffe or was it true? During an appearance on ABCs This Week with George Stephanopoulus, Obama admitted hes a Muslim (video pulled from YouTube).
Today, Im forced to conclude that the one-time most-liberal member of the U.S. Senate is now the most-liberal president ever.
You are indeed “right as rain” in a drought-stricken economy!
When your only answer to Obama is McCain, the reasons not to elect Obama seem almost petty. I almost did not vote for McCain and I am sorry I did. I never felt so dirty in my life and that is counting that night in Thialand when I had some extra money and...never mind.
Hey don’t blame me I didn’t vote for the guy
The Muslim admission is still there: