The back and forth comments on this thread sound a love spat. Whats going on between you all?
I don't see why we can't all agree on a few things here:
1. Joe the Plumber is a good guy.
2. Joe the Plumber was maliciously and idiotically attacked by the ghouls on the left because he asked a simple question.
3. That makes him a viable choice as someone who would make appearances at conservative events, and as a minor celebrity in conservative circles.
4. His presence and appearance at this particular event makes sense.
5. It makes sense that his appearance would generate a discussion thread on Free Republic.
6. This thread, while valid, does not belong in breaking news.
Looks to me like it should be up to Jim and the mods as to whether or not this is Breaking News. Why don’t you ask them? Personally, I have no problem with it since Joe was the one who stood up in his yard and publicly unmasked Obama as an unapologetic Socialist. Let Joe have as much fame as he can stand.
Keep in mind that he also did not show up for one of McCain’s town halls during the election and made him look absolutely silly. All of the FREEPERS were for McCain at the time. The only time that McCain was bashed was the day after the election. If you even said you would not vote for McCain than you were severely bashed to hell. So that is why people may have questions about him popping up now and not throughout the year.