Skip to comments.European Tennis Legends Reject Socialism
Posted on 11/08/2009 10:34:39 AM PST by EdnaMode
If Government Run Health Care and High Taxes are so great, why have so many tennis legends fled their home countries for the United States, or European Countries with lower/no taxes?
1. Bjorn Borg, 11-time Grand Slam Champion from Sweden, lives in tax free Monaco
2. Martina Navratilova, 18-time Grand Slam Champion from Czechoslovakia, now a US citizen
3. Steffi Graf, 22-time Grand Slam Champion from Germany. Lives in the US.
4. Monica Seles, 9-time Grand Slam Champion from Yugoslavia, now a US citizen.
5. Ivan Lendl, 8-time Grand Slam Champion from Czechoslovakia, now a US citizen
6. Mats Wilander, 7-time Grand Slam Champion from Sweden, lives in the US.
7. Boris Becker, 6-time Grand Slam Champion, lives in Switzerland
8. Maria Sharapova, 3-time Grand Slam Champion from Russia, moved to the US as a child and never went back to Russia.
10. Justine Henin, 7-time Grand Slam Champion from Belgium, lives in tax-free Monaco
11. Martina HIngis, 5-time Grand Slam Champion from Slovakia. Relocated to Switzerland and became a citizen.
12. Marat Safin, 2 time Grand Slam Champion from Russia. He and his sister live in Monaco.
13. Goran Ivanisevic, 2001 Wimbledon Champion from Croatia. Lives in Monaco.
14. Amelie Mauresmo, two-time Grand Slam Champion from France, Lives in Switzerland
15. Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario. Four-time Grand Slam Champion from Spain. Lives in tax free Andorra
And there's plenty more where those came from!
Purely coincidence, I’m sure. :-)
Tennis players must be smarter or something.
They hit it in the net. Golfers hit it in the water.
Same reasons people leaving California for Texas no?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.