Skip to comments.Evidence for the design of life: part 1— Genetic redundancy
Posted on 11/15/2009 6:52:24 PM PST by GodGunsGuts
Knockout strategies have demonstrated that the function of many genes cannot be studied by disrupting them in model organisms because the inactivation of these genes does not lead to a phenotypic effect. For living systems, this peculiar phenomenon of genetic redundancy seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Genetic redundancy is now defined as the situation in which the disruption of a gene is selectively neutral. Biology shows us that 1) two or more genes in an organism can often substitute for each other, 2) some genes are just there in a silent state. Inactivation of such redundant genes does not jeopardize the individual’s reproductive success and has no effect on survival of the species. Genetic redundancy is the big surprise of modern biology. Because there is no association between redundant genes and genetic duplications, and because redundant genes do not mutate faster than essential genes, redundancy therefore brings down more than one pillar of contemporary evolutionary thinking...
(Excerpt) Read more at creation.com ...
Speaking of redundancy; don’t you get tired of spreading lies?
A bit technical, but well worth the read...Ping!!!
Care to point out the specific “lies” that you claim to have uncovered in this paper?
I wasn’t even addressing those - I was talking about yours.
the lies are anything the worshippers of humanism say they are.....
Same question, where are these lies that I have supposedly told? I suggest you come up with something quick, otherwise everybody is going to think that it is you who are the liar.
It’s fascinating listening to evo-atheists who don’t even believe there is such a thing as objective truth call everybody they disagree with liars!
“Speaking of redundancy; dont you get tired of spreading lies?”
And how would YOU or HE know that they were lies?
Pop goes the weasel again!
That’s all you’ve ever got; childish goads.
You are about the stupidest person I have come across...
Sniff SNIFF... You smell like a troll. Show some intelligence refute the argument instead of accusing people of lying.
How about we start with your idiotic contention (endlessly restated) that the Earth is 6,000 years old? Or how about how Catholics or others of faith that do not agree with that stupidity should not be regarded as Christian because they fail to adhere to your juvenile and hopelessly ignorant views? Hmmm?
In what post does the original poster state that? Do you bother quoting when you post? That statement sure is not in the original post.
Thanks for the ping!
Just ask him!
==How about we start with your idiotic contention (endlessly restated) that the Earth is 6,000 years old?
First, I usually say 6-10,000 years old. Second, I really believe it, so how can it be a lie?
==Or how about how Catholics or others of faith that do not agree with that stupidity should not be regarded as Christian because they fail to adhere to your juvenile and hopelessly ignorant views?
Where have I ever said this? Link please.
PS Just the other day, one of your fellow evo-atheists tried to accuse me of the same thing, and wouldn’t you know it, I didn’t have to lift a finger to defend myself because a number of Catholics who I had never heard of before said they had been following my threads, and completely defended me against the charge. I must say, it was a very satisfying experience indeed :o)
Are Catholics Christian?
I don’t believe anybody is automatically a Christian, no matter what church they belong to. If you genuinely accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are a Christian. If you don’t accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, no church can save you.
At a very minimum, you have to believe what the Bible says about the person of Jesus Christ...His life, His death, His ressurection, that He is the second person in the Trinity, and that He has the power to forgive your sins.
It’s great to watch a hate-filled troll stewing in his juices!
It seems all they have is “you’re a liar” and “you think Catholics aren’t Chrisitians”...yada, yada, yada.
How much long will the insult binge continue, I wonder.
I find that the more the evos are threatened by creation science, the longer the insults last.
Not according to the Bible. But what does that have to do with the question of salvation?
So the Pope is damned?
3. an inaccurate or false statement.
Why do you think the Pope is damned?
I am the first one to point out when GGG deviates from the truth, but as a Catholic I can say that he has never called into question the faith or legitimacy of Catholics or the Catholic Church. He only disagrees with about 10% of Catholic dogma and adheres to the old Catholic view of Young Earth creation.
The hardcore evolutionist liberals hiding out on Free Republic have an easy job, they just cut and paste the loads of garbage they find written by true lunatic leftists at the Daily Kos and HuffPo.
Keep posting good articles the leftist statists want to have censored.
I wonder why, instead of commenting on the article, you immediately resort to name calling. Doesn't do much for your argument.
You know, OL...I think you hit the nail right on the head!
If the evidence in the cited argument is to be believed it slows evolution down and pushes back the dawn of life. If the mutation rate is less frequent the rate of change is slowed the process of evolution is slowed. It does not establish that evolution cannot exist.
You displayed impressive, and knowledgeable restraint. Good job.
Just as much as Jews.
Why do you have to have someone else's approval to believe you are a Christian?
I don’t believe I am a Christian - if fact I’m quite I am not (and profoundly content in that fact, I might add).
This journal has a biased agenda, and is not a creditable scientific publication. Real science does not operate this way.
Journal of Creation is dedicated to upholding the authority of the 66 books of the Bible, especially in the area of origins. All our editors adhere to the Creation Ministries International (CMI) Statement of Faith and most papers will be designed to support this. Rarely, other papers may be accepted for publication on merit so that certain issues can be clarified. The views expressed in the papers are those of the authors and not necessarily those of CMI.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
(See also Good News )
1. The scientific aspects of creation are important, but are secondary in importance to the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Sovereign, Creator, Redeemer and Judge.
2. The doctrines of Creator and Creation cannot ultimately be divorced from the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
1. The 66 books of the Bible are the written Word of God. The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout. Its assertions are factually true in all the original autographs. It is the supreme authority, not only in all matters of faith and conduct, but in everything it teaches. Its authority is not limited to spiritual, religious or redemptive themes but includes its assertions in such fields as history and science.
2. The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
3. The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life, mankind, the Earth and the universe.
4. The various original life forms (kinds), including mankind, were made by direct creative acts of God. The living descendants of any of the original kinds (apart from man) may represent more than one species today, reflecting the genetic potential within the original kind. Only limited biological changes (including mutational deterioration) have occurred naturally within each kind since Creation.
5. The great Flood of Genesis was an actual historic event, worldwide (global) in its extent and effect.
6. The special creation of Adam (the first man) and Eve (the first woman), and their subsequent fall into sin, is the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
7. Death (both physical and spiritual) and bloodshed entered into this world subsequent to, and as a direct consequence of, mans sin.
1. The Godhead is triune: one God, three PersonsGod the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually (by choice) and are therefore subject to Gods wrath and condemnation.
3. Freedom from the penalty and power of sin is available to man only through the sacrificial death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, and His complete and bodily Resurrection from the dead.
4. The Holy Spirit enables the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.
5. The Holy Spirit lives and works in each believer to produce the fruits of righteousness.
6. Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individuals repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Saviour, Lord and God.
7. All things necessary for our salvation are set down in Scripture.
8. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
9. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended to Heaven, is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father, and shall return in like manner to this Earth as Judge of the living and the dead.
10. Satan is the personal spiritual adversary of both God and man.
11. Those who do not believe in Christ are subject to everlasting conscious punishment, but believers enjoy eternal life with God.
The following are held by members of the Boards (Directors) of Creation Ministries International to be either consistent with Scripture or implied by Scripture:
1. Scripture teaches a recent origin for man and the whole creation.
2. The days in Genesis do not correspond to geologic ages, but are six  consecutive twenty-four  hour days of Creation.
3. The Noachian Flood was a significant geological event and much (but not all) fossiliferous sediment originated at that time.
4. The gap theory has no basis in Scripture. Nor has the day-age idea (so-called progressive creation), or the Framework Hypothesis or theistic evolution.
5. The view, commonly used to evade the implications or the authority of Biblical teaching, that knowledge and/or truth may be divided into secular and religious, is rejected.
6. By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.