This thread would not be complete without some quotes from Former-Mayor-for-Life Marion Barry...
- "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."
- "First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl."
- "I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less."
- "The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice."
- "I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man."
- "I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600's. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican."
And of course, there is the immortal: "Bitch set me up."
posted on 11/17/2009 5:16:40 PM PST
(Big government more or less guarantees rule by creeps and misfits.)
“I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where’s Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less.”
You have to be kidding me. Are you serious?
posted on 11/18/2009 7:09:36 PM PST
by the OlLine Rebel
(Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Technological progress cannot be legislated.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson