Skip to comments.Tiger Woods, the $8-an-hour diner waitress and the deal that kept their affair out of the news
Posted on 12/05/2009 5:41:58 PM PST by Dr. Scarpetta
click here to read article
Children rarely get it.
All the facts aren't out yet.
And what about the potential for passing HIV to the children during birth?
Tiger, you are scum.
Very well put.
Look where it got her? Are you serious? She’ll have more money than she’ll ever know what to do with, two beautiful children and she’s so young and gorgeous (and rich), she will find love again hopefully with someone who will love her completely.
Oh, please, don’t bore us with this nonsense about how he’s a gladiator. He’s a golfer, for God’s sake, not a warrior. And no man needs more than one woman. Any healthy woman can wear out any healthy man. A woman can have six o’s, or more, to a man’s one or two.
Why bulk up so late in life
Usually you start as a teenager
Didn’t seem to appeal to him in his 20s
Steroids also weaken the ligaments etc —Canseco was always getting hurt
I am wondering if his knee problems were a result of the juice
Most golfers get back problems not knee
There is moral crime in religion. No one has been punished for a moral crime since maybe the Scarlet letter days.But go ahead with it , LOL.
Maybe we need to carve an “A” for adulterer in both of Tigers cheeks so the scars will be there for all to see on the PGA tour?
Yes, so many are demanding satisfaction from the man, who have never been closer than the TV screen to him. Its a sad comment on the state of America.
So much more will come out about Tiger. The tabloids are relentless, unlike the sports media. Now that this happened, the paparazzi will follow his every move. They even follow people like Jon Gosselin. Remember how they followed John Edwards until they caught him red-handed.
Rick (Bogey) to Ilsa (Ingrid): "We'll always have Paris." Setting: Casablanca.
Jerry (Paul Henreid) to Charlotte (Bette Davis). Setting: Cruise ship on high seas. "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."
Tiger (golfer) to Mindy (waitress): "This is Tige. Will you meet me at the Blue Martini?" Setting: Orlando.
Some men are just too much man for one woman, contrary to popular modern feminist myth. And their examples are legion throughout history. And its not my fault!
Hey Doc, maybe there were some girls he came on to but they said “No way! You’re married”.
Could there have been any like that? Or did every single one just think of a chance with a filthy rich celebrity?
I am expecting serious drug abuse allegations any moment now.
I’ll answer you point by point.
1. Practicing and hitting up to 1000 balls a day is VERY demanding, I’ve done it. PED’s allow you to do it all the time and recover much quicker than you normally would. These drugs have a very beneficial effect in any sport/activity you apply them to. To say they’re not effective is to deny reality, like the lame argument that they didn’t help Bonds/Sosa/McGwire hit a baseball, they sure as hell did. Bonds for instance instead of the natural decline in his later years, he became Superman. He lived the dream of having the brain loaded with all the experience and the fast twitch muscle response he had at 25, even better. Better muscles than ever, combined with his experience and skill instead of a guy who hit 30-35 homers he hits 73 in his late 30’s.
2. You say he’s increased significantly in size, key word SIGNIFICANT, he changed his whole body structure, just like Bonds. Both beanpoles, both turned into monsters. It’s not just about distance, it’s about having better muscles, being able to practice and train longer, etc. It’s also about being able to swing at 80% and get the same distance you had when swinging 90%, being stronger is better, all day, every time, it’s an advantage. I don’t recall him having back problems, I don’t recall that being the reason for the swing change, regardless carrying around all that extra mass and doing all that extra work can lead to other injuries, oh I don’t know like a knee injury.
3. Everything you typed in number 3 is largely MYTH, old wives tales and common excuses for drug users. There are millions of guys who do everything right training wise, nutrition wise, supplement wise, rest wise. There’s plenty of guys, including myself who have worked just as hard or harder than Tiger Woods. The guys whose “supplements” include HGH and/or steroids look like Tiger Woods and Barry Bonds, guys can work twice as hard as those guys and not use drugs and never get the “results” those 2 got.
4. These drug tests are called “IQ Tests” for a reason, you have to be an idiot to get caught. Any pro athlete with the “best” trainers, etc., will always say TEST ME!, that’s why they have the “best”. If not for the BALCO scandal we would still have a bunch of these obvious dopers lying about it. The drug makers are ALWAYS ahead of the drug testers, dummies or guys who make a mistake get caught. The NFL has had “comprehensive” testing for years, the only “list” that would shock me would be the guys NOT using.
5. It’s not hard to believe if you know what to look for. I’m lucky that I know people involved in this area of study, people who regularly show up on TV, are consulted by the NFL and published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Tiger doesn’t even pass the eyeball test, way, way, way, too much mass on his former stick-figure frame, Large, thick, rounded muscles on a beanpole frame that would never support those large, thick, rounded muscles without drugs even if he never played golf and spent every moment working on his body, which with his very busy social schedule he obviously does not do, lol.
Eventually this will play out like Bonds, watch. The “it’s not true unless I see him injecting a Wile E. Coyote sized syringe with ACME STEROIDS on it” will always defend the users. What I’m saying isn’t something that’s shocking, plenty of guys in the know think he’s a user. Tiger is so arrogant he got a little carried away, just like in his personal life. He could have cheated (with the drugs) a lot less and had more plausible denial. He got so jacked and enjoyed showing it off so much and used it as intimidation that it was obvious. He may be fooling a lot of people, but he’s not fooling me. If we had a magic truth serum I would bet everything I own on it, and never break a sweat waiting for the results.
Actually, most people I know, like myself, didn’t start lifting weights until their mid-20s. When I was young, I was stupid and didn’t think I needed to because I was strong and in good shape without doing anything. As I got older, I wizened up and started lifting. I wish I knew then what I know now.
His knee problems are caused by his swing. Have you ever seen his swing in slow motion compared to other golfers? The amount of torque he puts on his left knee is ridiculous. Also, it’s not so much that steroids weaken ligaments as they make the muscles stronger, causing an imbalance, and making the person think they are more powerful than their body is.
No American professional sport (and I believe college as well) tests for hGH. Not one. Only sports that are under the umbrella of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) test for HGH, principally because for an accurate and reliable hGH test, blood must be drawn on multiple days, possibly at different times throughout the year.
I read several months ago that a simpler test with equal reliability is in the testing stages, but has yet to be mass-produced. If such a test will be adopted by America's professional sports, remains to be seen, FWIW.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.