Skip to comments.FReeper Canteen~Music Dedication~12 Dec 09
Posted on 12/11/2009 6:01:06 PM PST by AZamericonnie
Bump for later
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Our Flag Flying Proudly One Nation Under God
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Lord, Please Bless Our Troops, They're fighting for our Freedom.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
God Bless Our Republic
I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic, for which it stands;
one nation UNDER GOD,
with liberty and justice for all.
Prayers going up
*BRAVO* *APPLAUSE* *AWESOME*
Thank you! Simply wonderful selections! :)
Good evening Hope & thank you for our pledge.
Hand over heart & prayers up! *hugs*
Good evening, Connie! Good evening, all!
Good evening Diana! Hopefully something for everyone to enjoy....Merry Christmas to you!
Its Music Dedication Time !!
FR CANTEEN MISSION STATEMENT
Showing support and boosting the morale of
our military and our allies military
and the family members of the above.
Honoring those who have served before.
The FR Canteen is Free Republic's longest running daily thread
specifically designed to provide entertainment and moral support for the military.
The doors have been open since Oct 7 2001,
the day of the start of the war in Afghanistan.
We are indebted to you for your sacrifices for our Freedom.
And a very Good evening to you Tann! *hugs*
Big plans for the weekend?
All finished with the painting Conor?
In our Bible-study class, we were reading Ephesians 4:17-24 out loud when Alyssa began to cry. Most of us were wondering why, when she quietly said, Im crying because hearing this passage read out loud makes me see the condition that lost people are in. Theyre separated from God and are blind to it! That breaks my heart.
One person in the class admitted later that he was embarrassed he had never felt that sad about nonbelievers and had in the past even talked excitedly about the judgment they would receive one day from God.
The apostle Paul laid out the condition of the lost with these words: [They have] their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God . . . because of the blindness of their heart (Eph. 4:18). He testified that he had great sorrow and continual grief in [his] heart because his fellow countrymen had not yet come to know the love of Christ (Rom. 9:1-3).
As we think about the condition of nonbelievers, we can remember Gods heart toward them: The Lord is . . . longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). When we share the Word of God and pray earnestly for others, eyes will be opened to His love.
The first two pics are form Glenn Alderton down Oz way. Pic #1 is of an Australian Wirraway The Wirraway served the Aussies in WW-II as an Advance trainer and as a scout bomber! It was built in OX and was based on the North American Aviation NA-16 which was the first trainer NAA built and was the start of a long line of NAA Trainers.
Sticking with the Aussies for the moment we have a Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation Boomerang. Early in 1942 the Australians figured out that they were on there own for a while and so the Boomerang fighter was born in only 3 months. Working with what they knew the Aussies rebuilt the Wirraway into the Boomerang fighter. While not a match for the Zero, the Boomerang had respectable performance given the few tools that the Australians had to work with and served until almost the end of WW-II mainly in a secondary role and as an advance trainer.
An appropriate picture fro many of us a Martin B-26 Marauder on a snowy tactical airfield in France during the winter of 44/45.
A lift of the alfa6 lid to Dave Stewart at xtreme-action-images.com (Dave Stewart)for this great shot of the B-17 Flying Fortress.
'ow about up close and personal with a Grumman F4F Wildcat. eh?
And we close out tonight's Friday Flyby with this great Glenn Alderton shot of a Vought F4U Corsair.
Have a great weekend y'all and take care. With a bit of luck we should be back tomorrow with the Saturday Sortie.
HEY Tomkow I think you are in trouble in France
Sweet pics. As always.
Hi Connie - I’ve been busy out playing a lot of Fridays lately. I’ve put a few new things over at http://emmettgrayson.avenuehifi.com “Forever To Learn” is the most recent to be rejected by radio. And so it goes.
God bless and Merry Christmas
It's Music Dedication Time!!
Is that “Old Ironsides” you’ve posted there? When we were kids in the 50s Mom and Dad took us there. My sister picked up a cannonball and promptly dropped it on her foot and split her big toe wide open for a big emergency mess and I’m told that the cannonballs have been welded together ever since.
No problemo, hope y’all are doing as well as can be expected. It got up to a balmy 38 degrees here in KC this afternoon, yee haw:-)
Good evening, AZ.....tough one tonight. *snicker*
The thread is all black with beautiful plaid lettering, and Mac’s first post is ALL white...everything.
Headed home shortly. The entire system and all its equipment is moving to new digs. It goes down in about 15 minutes and won’t be up til Monday morning. We’ve been warned for problems. *sigh*
LOL....I had to store the plaid lettering outside of our closets so that’s why you can see it.
A tough day for you?
I’ve been trying to open a link & my computer has locked up twice! Grrrrr.....
I’ll figure it out....eventually.:)
Oh Lordy.....seems you just got everything running well a while back! lol
Just about ready to go home...the system is shutting down. I am so ready for the weekend. The first week back to work has been tough. LOL!
How are you doing? Construction complete? Ready for Santa?
FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEOS
and Special Web Sites
Note: Parental Discretion Advised.
“Cutest 12 Days of Christmas Song”
“Mr. Bean - Ice Ballet”
“Frank Sinatra [music];Ava Gardner [photos]
I Think Of You”
“Vara De Vivaldi”
“Beethoven - Romanta Pentu Vioara si Orchestra 1”
“...Piano and Ocean Waves”
“Romantic Piano Music (Just For You)”
“Debussy - Clair de Lune”
“Poem Without Words”
“Tranquility of Snowfall”
“Enya - Amid The Falling Snow”
“Celtic Woman - In The Bleak Midwinter/The First Noel”
“Josh Groban - YOU ARE LOVED (Don’t Give Up)”
“You Raise Me Up”
My goodness & here I thought ya didn't luv us no more!;-}
So very good to see you & hope you are in good health.
Ya know what I always say Emmett....if the critics don't like it MUST be good!:)
I'll be sure to give a listen & as always thank you for sharing your music with the troops & canteen! *hugs*
Well, I can’t say for certain that she caused it but it sure seemed like a major calamity at the time. Our family sure never forgot it. My Dad was a Coast Guard officer and he may have had something to say about his “Little Buttercup” (as he called my sister) having this bloody mishap. I don’t blame him for being upset. She was the only one of all 7 of us kids who never gave him a bit of trouble. LOL.
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare.. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Holiday party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.
8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.
10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
Have a Merry Christmas & a great holiday season!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.