Skip to comments.'You lie!' on Yale list of year's memorable quotes
Posted on 12/16/2009 5:47:46 PM PST by Dubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!
Here's the list:
1. "Keep your government hands off my Medicare." Speaker at health care reform town hall meeting in Simpsonville, S.C., commenting on the government-created Medicare program, quoted by The Washington Post on July 28.
2. "We're going to be in the Hudson." Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, responding to air traffic controllers asking on which runway he preferred to land US Airways Flight 1549 on Jan. 15 before he landed in the Hudson River.
3. "There's an app for that." Apple's advertising slogan for the iPhone.
4. "You lie!" Wilson's shouted retort to Obama's address before a joint session of Congress on Sept. 9.
5. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." Obama, commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference July 22.
6. "I'm going to let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!" Kanye West, interrupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 13.
7. "Um, you guys said that we, um, did this for the show." Falcon Heene, during an interview on CNN about his parents' balloon hoax on Oct. 15.
8. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel.'" Palin, posting on her Facebook page on Aug. 7.
9. "The governor is hiking the Appalachian Trail." Spokesman for South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford regarding Sanford's disappearance on June 22.
10. "You give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders." Jesse Ventura, during a CNN interview May 11.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Wilson gave new meaning to “Shout out.” And he was truthful...Obama lies!
See my tagline
Don’t get all wee-weed up over these quotes. ;-)
Obama didn’t lie about getting a puppy that’s about it.
And when he says he is ‘closing’ Gitmo he must really mean he will give the naval base to Castro.
I know Obama said this but when did he say this and why exactly? I missed it.
I was proud to help him raise the some $2.5 million he did after the Left went after him.
It had the benefit of being true...
4.There's an app for that.
Correction: the saying is, "There's a nap for that."
A questionable source at best.
“What had happened? During Obama’s remarks at a national health care forum, Obama said: “There’s something about August going into September where everybody in Washington gets all wee-weed up. I don’t know what it is. But that’s what happens.”
FOX News’ Greta van Susteren would later say, “I don’t know what that means.”
The Associated Press’ Phil Elliott: “Did the president just say Washington gets all “wee-wee-ed up” in August? Really?”
* * *
He’s a moron, so don’t waste anytime trying to figure out WHY he said it, he’s just a friggin anti-American a-hole.
Excuse my French, but I despise him and EVERYTHING he stands for.
Obama must be all oui oui’d up over his OsamaCare, n’est pas?
Where is the top ten list of memorable lies, half truths and evasions?
Also, that “Medicare” quote has always seemed misleading. For one, the somewhat sinister titling of that program could have led to a cognitive confusion in the mind of the speaker—meaning “medical care” but shortening it to MediCare. I’m sure that’s what the government intended to when it named it, to make it synonymous with the very provision of medical care, so as to ease the transition to a truly collectivist form of health insurance or provision.
But anyway, the mere use of that term could mean the speaker made a slip more forgivable than Obama’s 57 states (unless he was talking about ketchup or Heinz somewhere in that speech.)
Good for another read.
My personal favorite (though I don’t know the “author”):
“If you ram this down our throats in 2009, we’ll shove it up your @ss in 2010!”
I already did. :^)
That's what ticks me off about Ventura. He's stupid.
The water boarding was not about getting a confession, it was about acquiring information to prevent the murder of innocent people who just wanted to live their lives.
Hey, I fully agree that information obtained by doing things like waterboarding is a violation of the 5th Amendment and shouldn't be admissible at trial.
If Cheney had Ventura's kid buried in a box would he not waterboard him to find out where she was?
Ventura is an idiot.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.