Skip to comments.The creepy mindset behind Cass Sunstein's creepy proposal
Posted on 01/15/2010 10:16:18 AM PST by Nachum
Cass Sunstein has long been one of Barack Obama's closest confidants. Often mentioned as a likely Obama nominee to the Supreme Court, Sunstein is currently Obama's head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs where, among other things, he is responsible for "overseeing policies relating to privacy, information quality, and statistical programs." In 2008, while at Harvard Law School, Sunstein co-wrote a truly pernicious paper proposing that the U.S. Government employ teams of covert agents and psuedo-"independent" advocates to "cognitively infiltrate" online groups and websites -- as well as other activist groups -- which advocate views that Sunstein deems "false conspiracy theories" about the Government. This would be designed to increase citizens' faith in government officials and undermine the credibility of conspiracists. The paper's abstract can be read, and the full paper downloaded, here.
(Excerpt) Read more at salon.com ...
The list, ping
The list, ping
Jobs, jobs, jobs for trolls!!
This guy needs to have a close encounter with a .357 round.
If a Justice quite the GOP needs to treat any nominee like Miguel Estrada was treated.
statist, socialist tyrants are terrified of rational egoists who follow reason and their own independent rational judgement.
I’d prefer a short and to-the-point military tribunal, a conviction for sedition and a public hanging. Or we could go the Ceaucescu route. Either way works for me.
That is really creepy.
Basically he would have us follow the Chinese model where
all information is in conformity with the state.
Benevolent Cognitive Diversity is what he calls it.
The OP is an article from Salon, which cites Raw Story (a site specificlly banned from FR) as the source of "an excellent report". So who's the troll?
The trolls would be those hired to infiltrate sites, such as FR. Duh!
These people take us for fools. Things I have PERSONNALLY SEEN during my time serving the U.S. Goveernment:
1. A high government official helping a Latin American grouop import cocaine into the USA. At least the dirty money went to a good cause.
2. A foreign government (an ally...kinda) scouting for Americans to serve as political assassins inside CONUS (I turned down the interview).
3. An U.S. Army Captain selling full auto weapons from the Armory to a COMMUNIST rebel group in Mexico.
4. A major U.S. corporation bribing a U.S. Senator to steer a large contract to them (and she did and they won).
5. Several former employees of a major corporation who sued them died violently and suspiciously the day before they were due in court.
6. A large aerospace corporation which was forced to sell off units and downsize to buy out one of their owners who had Mafia connections.
Shall I go on? It was like the X Files without the aliens. At least I never saw any aliens.
There are MANY conspiracies, criminal, political, and otherwise. I’m not paranoid; I’m experienced.
How many normal people do you know that have such a large oral fixation that they pose for pictures with their glasses stuffed in their mouths?
Not a single one. That picture of Sunstein really creeps me out. I look at it, and I ask myself why is he sucking on his glasses, and why did someone take a picture of him sucking on his glasses!? I really hope that this ghoul does not attain a seat on the SCOTUS.
Bump for later reading
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.