Skip to comments.USA takes in 6,000 Somali from Uganda
Posted on 01/25/2010 6:59:29 PM PST by Free ThinkerNY
click here to read article
Dog ate my homework. Shame ‘cause I aced it...
That’s the ticket inundate and destroy out culture, fabric and country with massive amounts of invaders and third worlders. They are replacing us and destroying us at the same time and some people applaud. I often wondered how counties let themselves be destroyed. I wonder no longer.
Just another link in the Cloward Piven treason chain.
A variation on the concept of "African killer bees".
....thanks Jack for your post....you nailed it!....and BTW no one has ever explained to the American people exactly why it was necessary to transform the country by over running it with 3rd world people.
The answer to both your questions is yes.
The blanket answer to all of the above is “The DNC needs more votes”
“Just another link in the Cloward Piven treason chain.”
By the time obama and the Democrat Party is done, Hataii will have a higher standard of living than the United States.
I, personally don’t like it, but, the the voters that refer to themselves as “Americans” decidedin their infinate wisdom decided in 2006 that they preferred governmental slavery and “security” over personal freedom and responsibility. They continued in this vein in 2008, because, as one White sage stated on national television,”So I can be able to retire”, and put an imposter in the White House.
The seeds they sown so gleefully in 2006 and 2008 have germinated and sprouted and will soon be ready to reap. The harvest will be bitter.
About the Somalis, forget about it only being 6,000. Multiply that by 1,000. Each one will bring their extended family over and they will be here and ready to vote by the 2010 election.
Weren’t the voters intelligent on November 4, 2008?
Yet one more reason to prepare for the Coming Unrest. There is no doubt thst there WILL be some kind of strife in this country, perhaps similar to the ongoing slaughter of Christians in Nigeria by their muslim neighbors.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think that people of this caliber/religion are going to make up Obama's Civil Army that he plans to create.
If you love your family, buy guns and ammo. It's the insutrance of last resort, and it looks like we'll need it.
In a previous era I would have derided you as an unstable kook.
However, times have changed radically, and in light of recent events I must now laud you as a forward thinker.
I don't want to agree with your thesis, but facts dictate I must.
Uganda: Somalis Living in the Nakivale Refugee Settlement “While we were in the camp we also met AdarAhmed Diini who is bedridden with seven children she told us she lost her sight in 2004 and has difficult walking, she said we are refugees and I cannot even look after my kids I cannot help god forbid if my kids call me for help and she was in tears as she said these words. Their stories are all the same and very painful, fadumo Abdi Gedi is mother of eight and her husband passed away, she has difficult walking and arrived at the camp two years ago, she said her only hope is if she could get a country that sponsors her family to live peacefully after, she said those Somalis who are better off should help their sisters and brothers in this camp to quote her we are the forgotten refugees. Similarly, we spoke with farhia Mumin Muse who is a mother of six kids and cannot walk due to filarias or non-filarias disability, she told us she fled from Somalia after the civil war and hopes to return when security conditions are in place.”
Three women, twentyone kids. (living)
http://www.hiiraan.com/news2/2008/jan/uganda_somalis_living_in_the_nakivale_refugee_settlement.aspx Somali asylum seekers attempt illegal entry via Mexico Most Somalis have reached the United States there are some 87,000 here through U.S.-sponsored refugee resettlement programs. But the State Department in 2008 suspended a family reunification program for refugees over fraud concerns. The number of Somalis admitted by refugee programs dwindled to about 4,000 last year.
Shockingly suicidal. Please keep it to yourself, the country is already on life support. I'll pay you to leave, if that would keep you from spreading your insanity.
“”Explaining the reason of resettling Somalis to the US, Katura said Somali refugees have failed to integrate with other refugee groups living in Nakivale and with the local communities because of their unique language and culture.””
Heh, the US of course has no culture so there will be no problem integrating. When will they read Greg Clarks’ comments regarding his book ‘A Farewell to Alms’?
“McCloskey citing the review of the book by Robert Solow, argues that the experience of countries like India and China recently, and of immigrants to the US, shows that the idea that there are deep seated cultural or genetic differences in peoples ability to succeed economically, which stem from the long histories of these societies, is unsupportable.
On the contrary, I think that there is a lot of modern evidence that is supportive of this possibility. What is emphasized in A Farewell to Alms is that the processes identified for England occurred in all settled pre-industrial agrarian societies, though perhaps with different force. That suggests that if we want to find the maximum possible cultural and genetic difference between groups in the modern world we should contrast the people from long settled agrarian societies with those from hunter-gatherer societies that never experienced settled institutionally stable agricultural systems. Can McCloskey point to a single hunter-gatherer group that has successfully and quickly adapted to modern capitalist economies? Australian Aboriginals? The Hmong here in the USA?
Also can he explain why when Chinese and Indian indentured laborers were exported to various parts of South America, Africa, South East Asia and the Pacific in the colonial period they have tended to do very well economically? Unlike white settlers, these were unskilled laborers with no capital and no political advantage as the overlords of these societies. Yet in societies like Fiji, Mauritius, Kenya, Uganda, the Philippines, Peru, and Suriname they have succeeded economically much better than the indigenous population.
Why are there persistent income gaps between the indigenous population in most countries of the Americas and immigrants from Europe or Asia? Why is income per capita in the Americas in part predictable from the share of the population which is indigenous? Why do indigenous groups emigrating to the US from Mexico and Gautemala tend to do poorly economically?
Clearly the long histories of societies are not the only thing influencing current income levels and growth rates. But I think there is absolutely no cause to be confident that these things do not
“Explaining the reason of resettling Somalis to the US, Katura said ******Somali refugees have failed to integrate with other refugee groups living in Nakivale and with the local communities because of their unique language and culture.”
Oh, swell! But they’ll fit right in here???? As democrat voters and welfare squatters.
The news reads like it’s all from the Onion lately.
“I am all for helping refugees, and for taking in Haitians.”
How many would you like at your house? Do you realize how many Haitians are here and coming? Do you realize they are NOT productive residents and rely on welfare?
New today from the Center for Immigration studies:
Fact Sheet on Haitian Immigrants in the United States
WASHINGTON (January 25) - Since the terrible tragedy in Haiti, many have sought information about the Haitian community in the United States. Below are some basic socio-demographic statistics:
* The last Census Bureau data (2008) indicates there are 546,000 Haitian immigrants in the United States. That is up from 408,000 in 2000 and 218,000 in 1990.1
* Of the 546,000 foreign-born Haitians in the United States, 48 percent are naturalized U.S. citizens; this compares to 43 percent for the overall foreign-born population.2
* The top states of Haitian immigrant settlement are Florida (251,963; 46%), New York (135,836; 25%) New Jersey (43,316; 8%), Massachusetts (36,779; 7%), Georgia (13,287; 2%), and Maryland (11,266; 2%).3
* Our best estimate is that there are 75,000 to 125,000 illegal Haitian immigrants in the country. In 2000, the INS estimated there were 76,000 illegal Haitian immigrants.4
* When it extended Temporary Protected Status to Haitians, the Department of Homeland Security estimated 100,000 to 200,000 people could be eligible. While most are illegal immigrants, this estimate also includes those on temporary visas such as tourists, foreign students, and guest workers who will not have to go home.5
* Between 2000 and 2008, 183,188 Haitians were given green cards (permanent residence). These figures do not include those who entered on a long-term, temporary basis such as guest workers and foreign students nor does it include short term visitors like tourists. Of those given permanent residence, 135,913 (74 percent) were admitted under family-based immigration.6
* There are 310,000 U.S.-born Americans who have at least one parent born in Haiti.7
* Of Haitian immigrants (ages 25 to 65) 22 percent have not graduated from high school and 18 percent have a college degree. This compares to 9 percent and 30 percent, respectively, for native-born Americans.8
* The share of Haitian immigrants and their young children (under 18) living in poverty is 20 percent. For native-born Americans and their young children it is 11.6 percent.9
* The share of Haitian immigrants and their young children who lack health insurance is 29.5 percent. For native-born Americans and their children it is 12.6 percent.10
* Of households headed by Haitian immigrants 46 percent use at least one major welfare program. For households headed by native-born Americans it is 20 percent.11
* The share of Haitian immigrants who own their own home is 49 percent. For native-born Americans it is 69 percent.12
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.