I don’t understand why the woman didn’t demand to get off the aircraft.
As a former pilot, all I can say is............just wow.
A prudent pilot would have at least talked to the guy in question. A better one would have had him removed from the flight.
Guess if the woman answered “No, don’t leave the gate” or “Sure, you can leave, but let me off first.” the pilot and crew would have taken her more seriously.
Testing, testing, testing
1. Use your cell phone to record video/audio of the event.
2. Speak quietly to a flight attendant.
3. Speak quietly to another flight attendant.
4. Speak to other passengers. Use their eyes and ears also.
5. Smile and ask the perp, “Are you travelling to Detroit? [Smile] My Aunt Sally lives in Detroit. [Smile] Would you like to hear about my grandchildren? Are you a Lions fan?”
From the article:
“A TSA spokesperson said that if the passenger was passed through security there was nothing to worry about.”
Huh? Are there TSA employees who still haven’t heard of the pantybomber and still don’t get it?”
A TSA spokesperson told Fox 29 that if you have an incident like this onboard a flight you should immediately report it to a TSA customer service person at the airport when you arrive.
You can't write morbid comedy any better than this. This stuff is gold.
1. The muslim, making threats.
2. I'm not flying with any Captain that allows a passenger to make a go or no go decision. That is his ship and if he can't make that call I won't go with him.
I’ve stopped flying. Don’t need the hassle.
Not to worry — airline security will imrove with each terrorist-caused air disaster. We should be patient and realize that we have to follow a very shallow learning curve before expecting more acceptable results.
My gut feeling is all these minor incidents are just a distraction. Something big on the horizon. Hope all you freepers are stocked up on food, water, bible, amo etc. Scarey times we live in.
That the pilot made the passenger into a terrorism expert is the problem here. Frankly, I’m sorry that the airline has to be the second to last line of defense. The Israelis would be assassinating these folks much prior to one of them having the opportunity to arrive at an airport.
Here in the US, they are just another potential democrat voting bloc, so here’s a pillow and some peanuts, and have a nice flight.
Having said all that, leaving ‘Go/No Go’ decisions to some slob in 18F isn’t the way to pilot an aircraft. The airline, again, made the passenger the LAST line of defense - again.
The goodwill US AIR built with Sullenberger just went out the window with Captain ‘No Go’ here in my opinion.