Skip to comments.Religious “Truth” Commission to Examine U.S. War “Atrocities”
Posted on 02/08/2010 1:54:01 PM PST by Michael van der Galien
In a 40 year flashback to the glories of 1960s anti-war outrage, infamously left-wing Riverside Church in New York City is hosting a Truth Commission on Conscience in War next month. This special hearing, in the spirit of truth commissions, will evidently explore and investigate systemic injustices, political violence, and mass atrocities by the U.S., presumably in both Iraq and Afghanistan. It will receive testimony, process their findings, and recommend strategies for change, healing, and reconciliation, while lifting up the silenced and invisible voices of victims, offering survivors a public forum to testify to their experiences.
The commissioners of this truth commission includes a whos who of far-left religious activism. The testifiers are mostly a small circle of embittered veterans and conspiracy theorists, including former CIA analyst Ray McGovern, whos still pondering possible U.S. involvement in contriving 9-11.
So the March 21-22 spectacle at dramatically gothic Riverside Church on New Yorks upper West Side will be an absurd theater of macabre conspiracy speculations, sanctimonious guilt trips about supposed U.S. crimes, and indignant condemnations of everyone not on the far-left who has failed to advocate full surrender to jihadist Islam. In short, it might be wonderful entertainment, if not treated too seriously. The ghost of the late William Sloane Coffin, former Riverside pastor, may even haunt the commissions somber hearing, ghoulishly chanting old protest slogans from the Vietnam War era.
(Excerpt) Read more at frontpagemag.com ...
Nicely scripted and staged. Nothing’s going to actually be “found” at that meeting.
Why in hell do these people stay in this Country??
Better still, why do we continue to tolerate people like this in our midst??
Textbook case for an expulsion clause in the US Constitution. Revoke their citizenship, and deport them to Venezuela.
Right in the middle of the commission, a plane should fly right into the church for irony’s sake.
I’ve got no idea why they’re still there either. They could just all go to Cuba, Venezuela or North Korea. I’m sure they’d be more than welcome there; they especially need more workers in North Korea’s gulags, or so I’ve been told.
If douche bags had their own country, Robert McGovern would be King.
Make that “Ray”.
Notice how the 9-11 attacks weren’t “war attrocities”. They were a mere crime.
No such thing as a “liberal Christian”,
the two ideologies are diametrically in opposition.
While they are exploring how bad the U.S. is, they will no doubt investigate all the bad guys who would love to kill them.
To destroy it from the inside?
We should execute one liberal for every victim of terrorism. They are every bit as guilty as the ones strapping the bombs.
They co-opt the message to serve their own agenda.
Fortunately for me my dish package includes Free Speech TV (FSTV). If I am ever down and need a good laugh I tune into FSTV. Every left-wing cliche is on display on a daily basis. I usually find myself laughing so hard I have to go to the bathroom.
1. Global Justice and Peace: Witnesses to Riversiders involvement as an international peace church and focuses on the United Nations role in peace making and peace building.
2. Maranatha: Maranatha, a ministry of The Riverside Church, is committed to serving God by fostering greater understanding while promoting equity for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning people. To these ends, we have organized our ministry to serve, advocate, and support the LGBTQ community.
3. The Million Man Marchers: Riversiders under Gods direction gather for physical, mental and spiritual strengthening, and seek to make a positive impact upon the lives of our children and families inside and outside of The Riverside Church.
4. The Prison Ministry & Family Advocacy: Arranges and participates in worship services in New York State prisons, supports prisoners in struggles to obtain justice and to re-engage life in community, and brings before the Riverside congregation issues facing the imprisoned today.
5. Sojourners: A Ministry with Detained Immigrants: Visits persons held in Elizabeth NJ Detention Center, where more than 300, non-criminal immigrants are being held, many with no relatives or friends nearby.
6. Riverside African Fellowship: Offers spiritual and social solidarity among African members of The Riverside Church who seek to build a bridge to other African communities within the U. S. and Africa and to support peace and justice in all parts of the African continent.
7. Riverside HIV/AIDS Ministry The Riverside Church Global HIV and AIDS Ministry mission is advancing community HIV and AIDS prevention, education, care and support for all humankind impacted by HIV and AIDS disease.
Humm...no Jesus there either. I did find a reference to Jesus on their Mission statement page...
The Church seeks to be a community of faith. Its members are united in the worship of God known in Jesus, the Christ, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
So they're seeking to be a community...not made it yet? And uniting to worship God known "IN" Jesus?! Say what? Who dat?!
Why do they even bother to pretend to be a Christian church?
For anyone interested (/smirk) in attending this splendid communist convention:
You can get a nice satellite picture by highlighting the coordinates you gave and doing a google maps search.
Thanks very much for that link; I’m reading the article now, it’s very good. I didn’t know about this quarterly and have bookmarked it; i’m influenced by Ayn Rand and especially by libertarianism, so thanks.
Don’t subhumans like these ever spontaneously ignite and explode?
Wow!,,,,,,, just,,,,, WOW!
Are they going to invite Fred Phelps and gang to help them out?
Talk about matter and antimatter meeting.
I thought they sounded like moonbats of a feather.
One is virulently pro-gay, the other virulently anti-gay.
Argh! I completely missed that conflict. I must stop stereotyping nutballs.
More Rev. Wright theology is at work. Liberals never change. They never met a communist dictator they didn’t like, and they never met a soldier they did.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.