Skip to comments.Medina brings campaign to Cleburne (Tea Party Rally)
Posted on 02/09/2010 1:42:16 AM PST by FTJM
Several hundred area residents attended a Saturday Burleson Tea Party rally held at Forrest Auto Group in Cleburne.
Republican candidates competing in local, state and congressional races shared the stage with other conservative speakers.
Signs critical of President Obamas administration and the Democratic agenda dotted the crowd, although two women displayed signs denouncing Republicans and the Tea Party movement.
Republican gubernatorial candidate Debra Medina promised to fight to eliminate property tax and fight eminent domain abuses if elected.
Private property and gun ownership are essential elements of freedom, Medina said. If the national government or state takes from people what they work for, they quit working and producing.
Medina said her opponents Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison will attempt to revive the Trans Texas Corridor project if elected.
(Excerpt) Read more at cleburnetimesreview.com ...
Another Medina lie.
If not, Medina needs to provide proof and repeating it ain't proof.
Perry has seen the light and backed off the TTC and you didn’t address Hutchison.
I doubt Medina even knows what the TTC is as she is busy touting her plan to end gun registration in Texas and trying to find a way she can carry a gun legally in a grocery store.
Then why doesn't he finally kill it completely and quit defending it in debates?
Did he see the light in time for the election? As recently as a year ago:
AUSTIN Gov. Rick Perry, talking from Iraq to reporters, suggested that the Texas Department of Transportation's decision to pull the plug on one of his biggest initiatives the Trans Texas Corridor was mostly a name change, and that public-private partnerships on toll roads would continue.
"The name 'Trans Texas Corridor' is over with. Were going to continue to build roads in the state of Texas," Perry said.
Hutchison's plan would allow for the same TTC private toll roads, while she receives funds from a private toll road builder.
Kay Bailey Hutchison accepts campaign cash from toll-road builder
Hutchison says private toll roads will continue if she is governor
Like I said:
You are supporting Medina but don’t know if she even knows shit.
Done with you.
Go hit and run on another thread.
What’s Medina’s position on ILLEGAL imigration?
It is just the two of us ya pitiful 'lil know nothing n00bie.
Fair Warning: Medina Will Secure the Texas Border
by Nelda Carrizales Skevington on Jan 12, 2010
FAIR WARNING: Governor Medina Will Secure the Texas Border
HOUSTON, TX, Tuesday, January 12, 2010 Debra Medina, Republican Candidate for Governor today released her plan for securing the Texas border in a joint press conference with the U.S. Border Watch.
"Failure to enforce state and federal laws has contributed to abuse of property and humanity all along the Texas border. We can no longer turn a blind eye on the situation and will, in order to protect our citizens and their property, take matters into our own hands to insure peace and protection along the Texas border," stated Medina.
Medina has engaged in discussions with border sheriffs and will work closely with them to complement their efforts. U.S. Border Watch has recently endorsed Debra Medina stating, "U.S. Border Watch is deeply concerned about the lack of progress being made from both Washington DC and Austin, TX in securing our borders from drug smugglers, terrorists and illegal immigrants. The two candidates for the Republican nomination for Governor who currently hold elected offices (that of Senator and Governor) have repeatedly made promises and then turned their backs on these issues or completely reversed their campaign promises. They have consistently failed to protect the rule of law and the citizens of this great state."
"Medina knows the U.S. and Texas Constitutions and the power that lies in the rule of law. This is, after all is said and done, a rule of law issue. Debra Medina has the courage to enforce those laws that protect the people and the property of Texas from the ravages of an unsecured border."
Recent reports by the Texas Department of Public Safety document increased efforts by drug cartels on both sides of the border to "co-opt our children to support their criminal operations."i These reports provide even more evidence that Texas must act and must act now to protect her citizens and their children. Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety recently commented, "The concern is that the gangs are now being used by the cartels on both sides of the border for hit squads, human smuggling and counter surveillance."ii
"Citizens have been seriously disappointed by the campaign double-speak from both Senator Hutchison and Governor Perry on this issue. Weve heard their rhetoric. Its time to get serious about protecting the Texas border. Debra is the only one who will take bold and decisive action to secure the Texas border," said campaign manager Penny Freeman.
Medinas plan to secure the border includes:
* Calling sufficient numbers of Texas National Guard and Texas State Guard members to active duty to support local law enforcement particularly along areas in between legal ports of entry to combat drug and human trafficking;
* Notifying Mexican authorities that the Texas Border will be secure and no entry will be allowed without proper documentation;
* Insuring that Texas District Attorneys and Texas Attorney General exercise full prosecutorial power and have sufficient resources to enforce human slavery and child labor laws to their fullest extent;
* Assisting local and state law enforcement in deporting individuals convicted of violating state or federal law;
* Insuring that private citizens have the ability to protect themselves and their property without fear;
* Insuring that the interests of Texans are protected by seeking legislation and enforcement actions that respect Texas sovereignty in the face of international treaties, like NAFTA, that violate Texas state sovereignty; These treaties create poverty in Mexico and Central America and benefit corporate investors. This poverty drives people to migrate north. Insuring that the interests of Texans are protected, Debra Medina will interpose, support nullification and declare unconstitutional all international treaties that violate Texas state sovereignty. We will not recognize those treaties or enforce their regulation or taxation.
* Eliminating social incentives to illegal immigration by seeking legislation prohibiting use of state funds for service or benefit of illegal aliens.
"This is a decisive plan that makes sense to the citizens of TexasAnglo and Mexican American alike. But common sense is in short supply in Austin and Washington and our current governor and ranking senator have had long enough to enforce our current immigration laws or find new solutions," stated Freeman. "They have been insulated from the problems facing We Texans for way too long. Debra is the only candidate who truly cares about We Texans and will act to protect Texas."
It is just the two of us ya pitiful 'lil know nothing n00bie.
You hit then ran. Now you're back....LOL!
On no, I've been called a noob. That's so hurtful.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.