Skip to comments.The Truth About Sarah Palin (need verification!)
Posted on 02/09/2010 6:47:51 AM PST by SoFloFreeper
The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska . I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suitsThe Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich.. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself).. I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool.. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years.. I won't be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.
You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives.
So "You go, Girl." I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals. I rest my case. Only FOOLS listen to the biased media.
I received this from a friend of a friend in an email...not saying it is all true, but some of it sounds familiar.
Apparently, he is a real person, who has written books, and was a fire chief in Alaska. Still looking into veracity of email - hope to have an answer soon - sorry if someone else has already verified.
Wow - if I had gone one page further, I would have seen this:
This has been around since last year. Sarah also included it in her book.
As to your question is it real? It is about as real as real can be.
No, no one has verified.
Two thoughts: 1. If true, she is truly a go-getter. and 2. If true, the Republican party and McCain campaign ought to be ashamed for not highlighting these facts.
Had not seen it. The letter is real?
Yes...Dewey is a real person. This entire article is a letter-to-the-editor, written by Dewey, and also published in the back of Sarah’s book, “Going Rogue”.
Yep...she did ALL that.
Another one of his blog entries:
(I actually posted this 12/20/09, but changed the posting date so it would follow my posting about Sarah’s accomplishments) Since my Palin statement went viral and in addition was printed in her book Going Rogue, my blog site(s) received more attention than when it was used just to keep friends informed of my activities. Even my 30-minute appearance on a radio show originating in Missouri prompted questions about Alaska. So, even though I dont intend to write political statements there are some things that I will address here (resulting from my preparation for the radio talk-show) that do relate to Sarah Palin:
To bring it into perspective for residents of Missouri, I explained that ANWR is about 33,000 square miles, or half the size of Missouri. The plot being eyed for drilling (about 3 square miles) is similar to the size of the Springfield, Missouri airport. I was asked how the caribou might react to drilling activity. I quoted from Palins book that the population of caribou near the transalaska pipeline increase from 5,000 in the 1970s to 32,000 by 2002. I surmised that after eyeing the drilling rig from a distance and noting that whatever it is, it doesnt eat caribou, the animal as likely as not would go sit on the edge of the platform and pick its teeth. These animals go where the food is. Theyre not stupid. To stop moose from tearing up the crab apple tree in my front yard, I have to leap screaming off my porch, banging on a cooking pot with a spoon. The moose stays there, but the neighbors threaten to move. In Cordova, after the airport runway was lengthened which accommodated boeing 727s and 707s, the local moose refused to be intimidated by roaring jets, snow plows, and sanders. They continued to cross where they always had until one of them was struck by a landing 727. The moose was vaporized, the planes front landing gear collapsed and it slid to a stop on its nose. So they put up a fence. I was driving by one day and saw two angry bull moose charging into the fence trying, unsuccessfully, to tear down the obstruction to their tradition paths. They just are not frightened by things that they dont perceive as a threat. Period.
Sarah got it wrong in her description of a Death Panel as a committee of bureaucrats indifferently resisting the pleas of those least among us. Here is how it would really work: You have a serious ailment and need a special treatment, but a lot of other people do too. Your doctor helps you fill out a computerized application for treatment. Each dimension in there (your age, gender, prognosis, income (maybe later) your political affiliation (probably much later etc) would be given a numerical weight. Your application is submitted online. The computer program evaluates (scores) your application and places you on the list. Sometime later, your doctor calls you in his office to read the print-out he just received. You see you have been placed #8 in category S. With shaking hands, you flip the paper over and look for category S and find that S stands for Sayonara . You see, a real panel is way too personal and they dont want to have to explain their decision to someone standing in dread and panic. The REAL panel is the group that designed the computer program with its dimension weights. That way, the people you contact to protest your ranking can feign torturous sympathy while they assert that theres nothing they can do they defer to the system. Theres no way you can grab a system by the throat to make it listen. Youve dealt with organizations who rely solely on computers to answer you; you know Im right about this.
BRIDGE TO NOWHERE
The mainstream media tries to pretend they dont know what the Bridge to Nowhere really is about. Commentators said in mocked surprise that Alaska wanted to spend a ton of money building a bridge to an island where only 50 people lived. I asked on the Missouri radio, how many people actually live at your airport? Then I said, Suppose you couldnt drive out of your town because all the roads were destroyed. Suppose you could only fly in and out, like residents of Ketchikan. But then, a huge mote was dug around your airport and filled up with water, I imaging youd like a bridge there. But what happed is that after Sarah took office and started looking at bridge designs, especially bridges that would span heavily navigated waters, the cost estimates continued to climb. Finally, she said it was just too expensive and another way would have to be developed to transport passengers into and out of Ketchikan. Bridge to “nowhere my ass.
What happens when a pack of animals eats itself out of house and home (decimates the population of its normal prey) lay down and slowly starve in the snow, or go off to when they might find more food? And that location may very well be that clump of trees right behind your house, where they crouch and wait like in my town. December 20, 2007, three Eagle River women took their dogs out for an evening walk. They were attacked by a pack of wolves. One dog was killed and one was hospitalized. April 27, 2009, Two joggers here with 3 dogs were followed, then attacked by wolves. One of the dogs was killed. September 10, 2009, a hunter in the interior was attacked by a wolf. He had to be hospitalized. In 2002 a 6 year-old was attacked in Icy Bay, and last winter, here in Eagle River a teenager on a bicycle was accosted by a wolf and saved himself by jumping off of his bike and taking refuge in a nearby car. The wolf mauled the bikes tires and seat. Yep, thats what happens after they kill all their normal prey, they eat Fido (maybe Fidos owner).
SARAH PALIN IS A QUITTER
True story. Everybody uses the phrase Do the Math. Okay. You have a job that pays $175,000 every 12 months. But it costs you personally half a million dollars every 8 months to keep that job. Do the math.
Lets be apolitical and view things like a person who has been acutely aware of employer/employee relationships most of his adult life like me. I have personally liked all of our governors (my employees), but was very pleased to see Sarah, as soon as I hired her to run my organization, she: 1- Cut my expenditures for the first rime. Not the rate of growth, but and actual cut. I cant remember that happening before. 2- Increase my profit share with the contractors my split of the profits from my product. 3- Expanded my product line (natural gas). 4- Reminded our contractors who the boss was (Thompson Point). Yep, my new senior employee did all that a little more that half-way through my contract with her. Is that an employers endorsement for re-hire? You betcha.
Sarah Palin put this whole article in her book.......no one from the AP called it a lie and surely with their 11 fact checkers going over her book, they would have.....
BTW....few dispute things positively that she has done, they attack her personally or grab onto some silly minuet controversial issue to throw out there, like her speech in Nashville the other day, few actually disputed what she said, Rather they attacked her personality.
Dewey Whetsell appears to be a real person, has his own blog, and apparently wrote this. What he said in the note appears to be true, and at least his letter is real. This from Snopes: http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=53403
Whether the email is real, I don’t know.
But I do know that anyone who is surprised at any of the events described must have been asleep for the last 12 months because every thing in this email has been written about in other news stories.
In other words, this is a compilation of many shorter articles.
Dewey's letter is in the back of Plain's book "Going Rogue". This looks like it, word for word.
Well said, deserves repeating!
The letter fit the research I did on Sarah. So to me I did not question the validity of the letter. In other word, the letter is confirmed to be true.
Most of this is in her book.
Of course it looks familiar. Among many others:
Yes all of the above is true. Palin has always been the real deal. She doesn’t serve big government or big corporations she serves the people and also expects the people to handle their own affairs. That is the breath of fresh air that is Sarah Palin. Her detractors are the defenders of the same big government that seeks to control us and mold us whether they be Democrats or Republicans both are corrupt serving interests of power over the interests of liberty and the sovereign citizen.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.