Skip to comments.Why Buddhism Will Fail Tiger Woods.
Posted on 02/19/2010 8:47:42 AM PST by Arcy
Buddhism embraces reincarnation, which has so many problems theologically and very few if any answers to those problems. Consider the following:
1) If Reincarnation is true, mankind should be progressing. Human nature should be improving. However, the truth is, moral depravity is worsening as the Bible anticipates.
2) The vast majority of the population has no memory of their prior lives. If were all a product of previous life-cycles, why dont we remember our previous lives? How can we work off bad karma if we dont recognize our prior mistakes?
3) Though there are some who claim to recall past lives, the Bible reveals that demons have existed for millennia. These demons are able to place thoughts in a persons mind in order to deceive.
4) If were all being recycled, where are all the new babies coming from? There were an estimated 100 million souls a few millennia ago, but today were approaching 7 billion. Reincarnation denies a Creator God, so where are all these souls coming from?
5) India is the cradle of Reincarnation, yet India is one of the worlds most woeful nations. Though the people are intelligent and natural resources abound, cows and rats eat their fill while humans starve. City streets are awash with filth, lined with starving beggars, and suffering is everywhere. With thousands of years to perfect Reincarnation, and countless gurus and holy men, why isnt India the shining star of human progress and spiritual evolution?
6) Gandhi stated that Reincarnation is a burden to great to bear. He saw the fruits of this practice around his country. All abroad was hopelessness and despair.
7) To break free from Reincarnation, one must live a harmless life. You cant even kill a microbe. Yet our immune system kills millions each day. This means there is no hope of ever escaping the wheel of Karma.
8) If you see a beggar wallowing in the gutter dont you dare help him! He is working off bad Karma. If you help him now, he will just have to come back in another lifetime to work off the bad karma all over again. This is why India had no hospitals or charitable institutions until the coming of Christian missionaries. The truth is Reincarnation offers no hope, provides no answers, and contradicts our God-given conscience. It is a demonically inspired philosophy intended to keep its adherents slaves to sin and death.
Very good points
Did you send this article to Brit Hume and the rest of the Fox team ? :)
Point 5 is why the caste system is so engrained in their culture. Someone is “reborn” as an untouchable because that is their punishment for their past lives’ transgressions,
so any attempt to make the lower castes lives better is in violation of their religion.
Tiger Woods will fail Tiger Woods, Buddhism will just be the path that Tiger Lion Cheetah will fail with.
Nice post, Arcy!
“Vee have dee bomb to blow dee crap out of Pakeestan!”
“Not sure about that. You have your own Karma as well, and if you want to reincarnate to a higher state, you have to perform good deeds. Helping the beggar is a good deed that will result in good Karma for you.”
Actually, your harming him by perpetuating his suffering in the next life, and that’s not going to bring you “good karma.”
Why do I even Care?
Third world Veiws are Taxing Me,
Is That You Wally?
I wonder what Tiger Woods did in his previous life so as to be punished in his current life with being the richest most successful golfer ever, and having to have sex with all those women. It must have been one horrible deed./s
Buddhism is a muddy Sand trap...
If Buddists believe in reincarnation, does that mean Tiger will come back as a rabbit? :)
That’s Hinduism, not Buddhism.
Actually, your harming him by perpetuating his suffering in the next life, and thats not going to bring you good karma.
Intellgent people call that collision of mutually canceling imperatives 'cognitive dissonance'. I wonder if Tiger has ever meditated on that?
I dunno, but he’s probably going to become a cockroach or a fat, underexercised government worker in his next life the way he’s going.
Tiger: Who said anything about Buddhism? I said that I wished to be a faithful follower of Bootyism!
I see from your posts that you misunderstant Buddhism.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.