Skip to comments.CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights
Posted on 02/27/2010 4:52:36 AM PST by marktwainEdited on 02/27/2010 5:41:48 AM PST by Admin Moderator. [history]
Washington (CNN) – A majority of Americans think the federal government poses a threat to rights of Americans, according to a new national poll.
Fifty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they think the federal government's become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. Forty-four percent of those polled disagree.
(Excerpt) Read more at politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com ...
Freedom, Wealth, and Peace,
Francis W. Porretto
FINALLY, I’m in the majority of some poll!
The left has done a great job of teaching to the general Population that:
1) All rights are granted by the Government
2) Government knows best on ones personal choices
3) Profit equals greed
4) Government creates wealth and jobs
5) Social Security is broke because of the GOP
6) Deficits were caused by Ronald Reagan
7) Islam is the Religion of Peace
8) Diversity is stronger than unity
9) Equality and fairness of wealth eliminate conflict
10) All the problems in the world are created by the USA.
Feel free to add
That means that 44% are employed by the government or receiving entitlements from the government.
If CNN does not get on board with the rest of our nation, then they are going down in flames. Maybe they know this, and it’s why we are beginning to see cracks in the State Run media over there.
You forgot that snow in Florida is a sign of global warming.
If I may overstate the obvious, “ Government will take care of itself first, whatever benifits we get will be rationed out of the leftovers” whatever that might be.
01. 15+million unemployed.
02. A National debt so huge it is beyond comprehension.
03. Rules, regulations and laws that handcuff the private sector from starting new businesses and creating jobs.
04. Many rules, etc. that keep us from dicussing problems. If we do, it may be a crime.
05. Many programs like Social Security and Medicare that are at the point of being ‘unfundable’as currently framed.
06. Programs in process that could make the financial situation and job problem even worse. Examples, new health care bill and cap & trade bill.
07. A body politic that for years has spent and spent and spent causing inflation that devalued our earnings and savings.(a dollar today is worth about 5cents compared to a 1920’s dollar).
Some are upset when others say there is no difference between Democrat’s and Republican’s. That is, in many areas not true. But, when it comes to finances they are alike. Deficit spending and earmarks, and a larger more expensive government are trademarks of both parties. It this was not true, why are we in our current financial mess? Both poliical groups have taken turns in this.
And, unless and until, one Party (some Party) says enough is enough and begins to conduct the affairs of government in a wise financial manner as would any prudent individual or family manage it’s finances we will never find the road back to sanity.
Forty-four percent of those polled disagree.
How can you even disagree with that, when it's a statement of fact?
ALL acts, ‘’laws’’ of the fed/guv should be curtailed until congress can re-pass some and sunset them, and kill the others. There should be no pension benefits for two terms or less in Congress. No 3rd term until one has been out of office 1 term, them limited pensio can be accrued.